What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Durban Poison

DRorganic

Veteran
I think its bad when every one really gets to wanting a strain from back in the day and you cant find it any more . just reading what every one has been saying on this thread has me jonsin for some Durban .not because every one is wanting this strain but because i love sativas and i love any smoke that gives me energy . and i love root beer flavor or anise flavor. but i think the craze ids because of this new strain called girl scout cookies .

H

Homer J Pimpin

I was just gifted a pack of about 25 durban poison seeds from a buddy said they were old beans but will still germ ......Apartly this dude used to grow fields of d.p. these could be f2's i'm not even sure .all i know is I was told it's called durban poison small very dark seeds..........this sound right?

Bonzo

Veteran
Seedbay used to give em' out as freebies...used to have a bunch of packs...i remember people whining about getting it as a freebie...maybe talk to DG or Gypsy :)

H

Homer J Pimpin

talk to gypsy about what ? these came from a friend......I looked at them closer and saw they all have dark tiger stripes and are about the same size.so I pretty confident they are legit durban poison I just know that it's a african sativa........Not sure I'll ever run them........

Bonzo

Veteran
i was replying to GET MO, he started this thread inquiring where these seeds could possibly be found :)

H

Homer J Pimpin

cool got cha...........maybe I'll make a few hunge f2's for the durban fans to dig through........My intrest is not all that high but I like to share and it seems its getting harder to find this one

H

Homer J Pimpin

I've got enough to select a decent father I would hope....the buzz sounds like the most interesting trait to me though a rootbeer female might be kinda cool.

Bonzo

Veteran
fuck yeah, and GET MO's been around a minute and im sure aint no light-weight so for this DP to have that effect on him is worth lookin' into :)

F

Fluffy Clouds

Seedbay used to give em' out as freebies...used to have a bunch of packs...i remember people whining about getting it as a freebie...maybe talk to DG or Gypsy :)

yes.. it was south african x skunk1 from Sam the Skunkman, i read notes on that old card from cultivators choice offer from 1985.. and it says about south african: pure sativa, grown in California for 5 years, never outcrossed, not real consistent, 5% hermies, taste is sweet with thaish up high of only medium strength... height: 2_3 m, yeild: 250 gms, harvest:end of September

i think this south african is durban...

do you think all durban genetics we have nowdays is from this source? people? duthc passion and nirvanas is for sure from this source... i rember that back in the days, sensi seeds version was more sativa, really nice..

:tiphat:

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
Old school swazi/durban coming soon I promise :) I will post early next week to donations.. It is old so dont know how fertile, but I got a load for give away. Just needed the corex.. which I got. Almost. Well anyway coming..

Got a pack as a freebee years ago from the boutique...I believe they were from sam the skunkman DPxskunk1...had that black liquorice/coughdrop/anisette flavor to it. one turned purple and one was green...but to be honest I think would of come out better if grown outdoors in good climate or greenhouse. the high was strong like haze.

Amber Trich

<3 sounds fantastic maryjaneismyfre!

fluffyclouds- I think I read at one point that sensi's durban might have been crossed to early pearl? not sure.

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
got 2 Urban Poison from Nirvana;s sativa seed bank going atm...hoping for a least 1 nice female..
peace
Chefboy

kaka_

Great pictures. They make me want to try a durban one day. It is one of the few classic varieties I've never tried.

VirginHarvester

Veteran
Fear not, Durban may not be stocked by seeds companies right now(DP excluded) but it's a landrace and likely still authentic and available in Africa. Eventually someone's going to reintroduce it in seed form.