Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Cooking With Cannabis > Cannabutter In 7 Easy Steps!

Thread Title Search
Click to Visit Discreet Seeds
Cannabutter In 7 Easy Steps! Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-26-2005, 12:11 PM #11

Convinced me to save some bud on the next harvest to make some cookies mmmm damn now im hungry lol

Old 06-29-2005, 10:39 AM #12
glasspackedbowl
Medical Test grower. Inquire within...

glasspackedbowl has a spectacular aura aboutglasspackedbowl has a spectacular aura aboutglasspackedbowl has a spectacular aura aboutglasspackedbowl has a spectacular aura aboutglasspackedbowl has a spectacular aura about

Canna butter is nice. Heres come's some made from 2 males and 1 stick of butter.
thats thawed out butter there. Still doesnt look right too green not enough brown.

215/sb420 Compliant Medical patient!
R.I.P. Daltron he has passed away!

Last edited by glasspackedbowl; 10-01-2008 at 08:13 AM..
glasspackedbowl is offline Quote

Old 07-02-2005, 07:17 AM #13

Do the males really produce enough to make butter from?
I honestly thought males were only very minimal in their prodcution of thc

Old 07-02-2005, 02:12 PM #14
glasspackedbowl

glasspackedbowl has a spectacular aura aboutglasspackedbowl has a spectacular aura aboutglasspackedbowl has a spectacular aura aboutglasspackedbowl has a spectacular aura aboutglasspackedbowl has a spectacular aura about
Talking

well that was from 2 males of BOG's Lifestar. I got nearly 59 grams of leaf material that I boiled with about 5 cups of water and 1.2 sticks of butter. I also added the lose spraps from my tray. I have sticks and resin glands that I just scrap to the side for just such an ocasion or when im out of bud. I do a fast rub with the stems and then take that with the little bits of bud and glands that get put there.

check this out heres who the high was

I took it at 11:25

Feeling really relaxed. I can feel my eyes heavily dazed. Feeling almost burnt out like still hung over from smoking the night before. 11:50

12:15 Smoked a bowl. Felt great after that I wanted to & to the old school at Noon(rap). Feeling super

I almost wanted to get up and start cleaning the house. High energy. BOG's stuff rocks. Its a great high I cant wait to smoke some buds.

Wow. That was part now lets see. I have this all writen down on paper its taking a while to type it.

I wanna party. Igot my BOG seeds saturday. 35 beans for winning his banner contest. 19 sour bubble and 16 Blue Moon Rocks.

Note: I used 1 stick of butter, and added 2 more teaspoons of butter during the cooking process.
I tryed mine on toast. It was decent not as nasty as the last stuff I made. I used about 1.4 table spoons full of cannabutter on 1 piece of toast. I had a light high. I would suggest trying about 3 table spoons of butter of 3 pieces of bread. Every time I burped It smelled like canna butter I was looking at my plants in the bathtub and decided to brush my teeth. I felt weird it was like all the sudden I was 14 again and camping with my boy scout troop. I felt like I was right there by the water basin brushing my teeth in the woods. the smells, all that, came back to me into my head.

Old 07-02-2005, 09:46 PM #15
KYHomeGrown
Smokatologist

KYHomeGrown will become famous soon enough
anybody have any clue on how long the cannabutter would last in the fridge?

Old 07-03-2005, 07:06 AM #16
glasspackedbowl

Red face

id use it within 2 weeks

Old 07-14-2005, 07:42 PM #17
SPDemon420
^ likes weed

SPDemon420 is on a distinguished road
same way I do it, I love the stuff

Old 07-19-2005, 06:01 AM #18

Hav never tried it but remember reading that if you soak dried material
in water then let it dry out again it removes the chloryphyll (sp.?) and wont
turn the butter green. It was about using weed in homebrew.

Old 07-19-2005, 11:20 AM #19

ghiraldhi(sp?) choco-cannabutta brownies pics in my gallery. If you add peanut butter chips to the recipe , most can't even notice the taste. 2zips were used, all useless oaxacan popcorns but foaf did batch with all fan and turned out ok still, hey they used to smoke fan in th 70s.. some still do. to each his own..lol

dry 1oz frosty trim/fan/stem to crisp
freeze in large zip
remove after 24hrs, crumble up fine
add to 2 sticks of butter, unsalted is best imho to med. size saucepan, simmer butter
add same amount of h20 by volume as butter to start
add plant material
stirring constantly AND NEVER LEAVING SIGHT FOR 4 HRS,
mix in minute amounts of distilled h20 to prevent burning
your oil is done when the plant material turns all black, you'll know
never let the mix come to a boil, once a certain temp is reached, actives become more and more useless. ***see bottom***
this stinks up the house (above part), the rest is easy--
buy a cheese cloth and buy a quart of something at the deli/chinese
pour hot oil/plant onto cheese cloth into plastic jar. cover tight.
put in FREEZER overnight
wake up, have breakfast, workout, shower, open frezer, cup hand plop out over sink and make sure you catch that wad of butter, the ice and muck will spill into the sink.

cant believe i remembered how to do this by heart lol hope its on point, just another method of doin it.

***from above***-Reckon the thc even in immature nugs is broken down further by this heating/cooking process to produce a more (desireable) therapeutic high, sleepy in the end ALWAYS, even w/ the speedweed hmmm THC_>sinth->CBD?? any thinkers wanna take this one on?

Old 07-19-2005, 02:47 PM #20

"if you soak dried material
in water then let it dry out again it removes the chloryphyll (sp.?) and wont
turn the butter green."

Sounds like a cheap water cure
just freeze the shake once dry, it's never gonna be white again once you add plant matter of ANY SORT
blanched or not

Great thread,
moldy buds may be salvaged this way too if you dare, ive used some slightly white molded scrap, it was fine in the end. 4+ hrs of simmer , remember