What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BUDDER MAKING MADE PUBLIC

Dr.Ganja

tug said:
Dr
Do you know how to make honey oil? If so, it's easy.
If not, give me 'til the end of the weekend and I'll post the whole thing here (pics and all).

yeah tug i 've done bho several times and TOB had explain me how to turn it into budder, but i would love to read a toturial done my the creator!!! :respect:

thanks for your help and also thanks to TOB!!! :wave:

soon i will be taking some pics! i hope!!!!!! :woohoo:

spot

it should probably be made a sticky..with no commentary ..that way we get the essence..those who have questions can always maintain a thread elsewhere..if we're nice maybe tug will answer..dont brow beat the guy

G

But if Verite had read the WHOLE thread at OG, he would know that I explained EXACTLY how to transform the oil into budder......//Yer right but yer at IC now and some people havent read it there.Nice thread though,and cant wait til theres actual info for the public.I make oil alot and am interested in seeing this Bro.And to whom ever/Verite is a respected member who calls em like he see em,so relax on callin him anything.Everytime i see him say something,the person deserved it and got less than i would have gave them,but im an asshole,lol..Peace DWW :joint:

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Hey TUG nice to see you started a new budder thread.

Guys Tug will get them instructions up lol,I have made budder using his tech and let me tell you guys you wont be disappointed.

Lower grade bud will not budder for me,So i suggest making the oil with high quality bud or trim if you want to whip it into budder.I walys get a thick hard oil from mid grade bud,budder from high grade.I have tried 3 times with mids and never got budder even after 1hr of heating/whipping at 175f.So if you plan to make budder use good starting product.

TUG i have some good nugs capable of being buddered if you need someone to get some pics of the process i can do so today.Anyways glad you put up a new thread.

G

Verite and Chuck, you're dumbasses.

The Unknown Grower - as in TUG - taught Budder King how to make "budder".

i think the title name is perfectly fitting.

budder on, tug.

G

Thanks Baron
You must remember the posts from OG, back when I started that thread.

People think what they want, but when I worked for BK, he learned my technique (his was lousy oil at the time), then non-chalantly played it like 'oh that's no big deal', and bam, instant BK within a year.

I have to say this, it's not my technique that he claimed to have invented, it's Koo-oo's......
Duggie taught us all how to cook glass back in the 90's, and Koo-koo's friend Josh found it by accident, leadink Koo-koo to perfect the technique of making 'budder' from iso wash, Koo-koo also named it 'budder', because his really good 'watty' budder is creamy, like butter, not dry and flaky......

That's the truth behind the 'budder'/BK story, I can back everything I have said up, and despite threats from certain people, I feel the truth must be told.
Besides, this product has been around for much longer, known as 'pasty' bho, or 'dry' qwiso, etc...... So it's not really a new invention at all.
I think BK feels his reputation may be harmed by the truth being told, besides, the quality of commercial budder is much lower than Koo-koo's awesome budder.....

This whole tug/BK thing was blown out of proportion anyway, BK is BK because that's his persona, and his business.

I don't sell budder, I smoke it, and only post these comments so the truth isn't overlooked.

Last edited:
G

okay, for you non-waiter's...
TUG, if you approve, :yes:, if not, tell me, i'll edit it out :

the short version of budder making with iso:
take all your quick wash iso. material's, jar's, herb, iso, etc., and place in freezer.
let chill for 2-4 hours.
take out. get ready.
as you open the iso, keep this in mind: everything is set up, right? so you can quick filter through a mesh/coffee strainer screen then through coffee filters, so you get it all out, but without any herb sitting in the filter soaking with the iso, right? Good!
so, as soon as you start pouring the iso, start counting.
cover the herb + 20% by volume.
when you've hit 15 seconds, it's time to start filtering,
using your hand/kitchenware to hold the herb back and filter only liquid.
repeat this procedure 4 times, allowing 4 different grades for a total of 60 seconds soak time total, and keep all 4 grades seperate.

evaporate the iso as you prefer; a double boiler is suggested.
when it's done, let it sit for a short while. once the resin is hard, scrape up the hard resin. place it in the middle of the dish.
bring some water to a boil in a skillet. take the skillet off the heat. place the plate with resin glob in the middle in the water. let sit for 10 minutes. the resin will submerge, aka melt.
take it out. place skillet back on heat. stir with a pin, or power tool, until you can't stand it anymore and the water is boiling heavily. repeat three times.
the last time, have a fan blowing over the plate and keep stirring until it returns to room temperature.

ta-da. budder, buddy. thanks, tug.

with bho, do your extract first, scrape up hard resin, place in middle, proceed like above. i would highly suggest re-dissolving the resin in hot iso. then re-evaping and budder whipping, but that's just me, and i don't do that stuff [make anything, smoke anything, etc.].

G

Here's a quick explanation (it's basically dried REALLY GOOD honey oil)

It takes BUDS to make budder of this quality with ISO, tops preferably, of a super-crystally strain (ones with lots of terpenes seem to do it well)

rinse #1
the product, frozen buds, previously pulled apart to individual nugs (each about marble size), are put into a 4 cup pyrex measuring cup (2/3 full), and frozen iso is poured into it (enough to cover the buds, stirred , and drained immediately into said sieve/filter setup (holding back the bud while letting alcohol drain)
rinse#2
again fill the measuring cup with (fresh) frozen iso over the same batch of buds, this time crunching a little bit of the bud, and again drain
rinse #3
again fill the measuring cup with (fresh) frozen iso over the same batch of buds, this time crunching them fairly well, and again drain

remember, keep your rinses seperate (i have 3 or 4 stations set up with sieves/filter ready so I don't have to wait or slow down, at the end you can decide @ what point the rinses are impotent, or have color, or taste bad, allowing you to maximize not just yield, but potency. (some of us custom tailor our rinses, #1 & #3 together, etc., as they all produce adifferent high.

this is what I consider 3 rinses.

Remember, this can easily produce a dark, poor tasting product, the process MUST be done extremely fast, all 3 rinses in 15- 30 seconds.

The key i found in success was allowing normally dry buds out for several days in a dry, warm environment, until they are light colored, and puff into dust when squeezed.
It should be that dry, get rid of as much of the chlorophyl before hand, and the extreme rinsing has that much less of a chance to pull it out.
this is also why everything is frozen, the iso has less of a chance to soak into the plant material, the coldness and dryness and the broken up state of the buds all help in allowing as much crystal to be washed off the plant as possible.
I found #1 rinse isn't as good as when U add #2 and sometimes #3 to it. there is something to that, as well as increased yield.

typical yield off 28 g. of excellent bud - 3.5 - 4 g. of budder, although I've seen up to 5 g. on some peoples weed (where are U now) Although most strains give less than 3, and plenty of so called killer strains won't even "budder up'. By this I mean the final step, when it dries into paste from a liquid state, and the color changes to very light, even white some strains, the crystal is so pure. adding the second rinse to 1 really helps. typically I would get 1.5 g. off #1, about the same off #2, and less than 1/2 of that off #3 (1/2 - 3/4 g.)

butane yields more, up to 50% more in some cases.

Last edited:
G

thanks again for making this info public for everyone tug

some of my friends are blown away by the quality smell and texture i get usin this method

ive got this pic still from my first budder attempt which went well ... i used reg shit 80$/14g = approx 2.5 - 3 g oil

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
tug said:
typical yield off 28 g. of excellent bud - 3.5 - 4 g. of budder, although I've seen up to 5 g. on some peoples weed (where are U now) Although most strains give less than 3, and plenty of so called killer strains won't even "budder up'. By this I mean the final step, when it dries into paste from a liquid state, and the color changes to very light, even white some strains, the crystal is so pure. adding the second rinse to 1 really helps. typically I would get 1.5 g. off #1, about the same off #2, and less than 1/2 of that off #3 (1/2 - 3/4 g.)

so what if some "killer" strains wont budder up? doesnt make them any less killer does it now.... seems you imply that its not really killer cuz it doesnt make budder , which seems kinda silly.... budder elitist, if you ask me.. :D

Dr.Ganja

well tug thanks very much for the teaching!!!
one question, what do you think it's better bho or iso?
thanks to the BUDDER GURU!!!