What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DJ Short Blueberry F5 (new release)

elanius

Veteran
Hey ozz,

looking great and Im glad you found nice pheno...I am saying it for years, the goods are there!

OZZ_

Veteran
Hey ozz,

looking great and Im glad you found nice pheno...I am saying it for years, the goods are there!

Thanks amigo! Yeah she’s got such a nice effect. Enjoying her as we speak on my day off :biggrin:

OZZ_

Veteran
Day 29

I’ve been feeding her lightly at 2 ml/liter biobizz bloom plus cal mag in RO water, but she’s starting to fade already so Im considering upping that a bit. The only thing is she’s also clawing on the top bud leaves so Im on the fence as to whether or not I should increase her feed. She’s a fast finisher and before you know it, maybe another 3-4 weeks she’ll be done. I suppose it’s best to leave her at the current feed rate, play it safe and let her do her thing.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

aliceklar

Day 29

I’ve been feeding her lightly at 2 ml/liter biobizz bloom plus cal mag in RO water, but she’s starting to fade already so Im considering upping that a bit. The only thing is she’s also clawing on the top bud leaves so Im on the fence as to whether or not I should increase her feed. She’s a fast finisher and before you know it, maybe another 3-4 weeks she’ll be done. I suppose it’s best to leave her at the current feed rate, play it safe and let her do her thing.

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

I've had similar combination of lower leaf yellowing (confusingly) at the same time as upper clawing - makes me think that the yellowing is not caused by lack of N. Not long now, and you want buds rather than green leaves at the end of the day so probably wise to stick to the programme rather than adding extra fertiliser. Looking great tho! :good:

OZZ_

Veteran
I've had similar combination of lower leaf yellowing (confusingly) at the same time as upper clawing - makes me think that the yellowing is not caused by lack of N. Not long now, and you want buds rather than green leaves at the end of the day so probably wise to stick to the programme rather than adding extra fertiliser. Looking great tho! :good:

Agreed 100% and thanks for the confirmation! It’s very helpful to be able to bounce ideas off other growers like this and receive feedback. I think your right, probably simply a result of senescence as the plant starts pushing towards final output even though technically we are only about the halfway point. Still with the excess N (proof positive by the clawing) she should have plenty to gradually fade from here on out. I’m going to do one more week of the biobizz bloom staying at the current 2 ml/L to week 6, then a week of water and molasses only to week 7, then straight water for week 7-8 and look to take her at 8.... trichomes willing.

:good: :D

elanius

Veteran
Hey OZZ!

dont worry about those few clawing leafs, the important thing here is the fresh bud growth has straight leafs so all good, but she wants bit more N. Also, if the leafs look bit droopy, it can also be due to calmag deficit, so I suggest to give her more calmag which contains N as well and will slightly fix the nitrogen issues. IMO under LEDs the plants eat a lot of calcium but especially magnesium, so she can only benefit from that, I would also give them more Biobizz bloom 3ml/1l and then 4ml/1l next week. If you are @ day 29, you have plenty of time. Otherwise looking good! Better to underfed than overfed.

OZZ_

Veteran
Hey OZZ!

dont worry about those few clawing leafs, the important thing here is the fresh bud growth has straight leafs so all good, but she wants bit more N. Also, if the leafs look bit droopy, it can also be due to calmag deficit, so I suggest to give her more calmag which contains N as well and will slightly fix the nitrogen issues. IMO under LEDs the plants eat a lot of calcium but especially magnesium, so she can only benefit from that, I would also give them more Biobizz bloom 3ml/1l and then 4ml/1l next week. If you are @ day 29, you have plenty of time. Otherwise looking good! Better to underfed than overfed.

Hey Elanius! Good to see you buddy!

Alright then I’ll increase the biobizz from the current 2 ml/liter to 3ml/liter for the remainder of this week.... take it to 4ml next week (week 5) then do a week of molasses and go straight water from there.

Currently using cal mag full strength at 5ml/gallon but suppose I could bump that slightly too. What do you suggest? 6ml/gal? 7ml/gal??

elanius

Veteran
with RO - 7ml/gal is totally fine, but you can start at 6 and observe, if all go well and you see improvement then give them 7 ml/gal next week. I speak from experience, this should work well. I am using ATA CalMag btw, even noticed the taste and smell is better when adding calmag to the equation :)

OZZ_

Veteran
with RO - 7ml/gal is totally fine, but you can start at 6 and observe, if all go well and you see improvement then give them 7 ml/gal next week. I speak from experience, this should work well. I am using ATA CalMag btw, even noticed the taste and smell is better when adding calmag to the equation :)

Excellent! That’s what I’ll do! Thanks for the advice .... she’ll get 3 ml biobizz and 6 ml/gal cal mag (botanicare) tonight :dance013:

gh@st

Still remember the first time I smoked blueberry many years ago.

None of the new versions come close to what I remember

OZZ_

Veteran
Day 36 11/13

She’s been getting biobizz bloom at 4 ml/liter and cal mag at 6 ml/gal in distilled water.

She’s fading regardless moving towards harvest in a few weeks. I had planned on running her until week 8 but I may take her week 7 or so depending on how she looks. I think I’ll continue to feed her at 4 ml/liter out until middle of week 6 and switch to plain water and let her completely fade out from there.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

OZZ_

Veteran
Week 6 and this girl is fading like a maple tree in autumn. Just gorgeous fall like colors and the terps are really picking up. The same blueberry baked pastry type scents the mother plant had with a background of sweet vanilla. Delicious

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Greenheart

Veteran
Nice looking DJS you have. I had similar growth experiences with the BB clone I had almost a decade ago. A true cani-sseur's strain. I never saw large quantities but I always had great qualities in it. Some of the strangest plants came out when I crossed it.

Joke aside if that toiet is used it's probably not very sanitary to have the plant there. Every time you flush bad things get airborne and then they land on stuff. The closer it is the more contaminated it will be.

ahhh but the chance to make shitty jokes only comes around every so often.

"I thought he was going for foliar feeds and nitrogen enhancement." :biglaugh:

+rep for lookin' out. sometimes we stoners don't consider all the variables when we do things.

So who's up for doing a micro grow in a toilet water res?

Last edited:

OZZ_

Veteran
Nice looking DJS you have. I had similar growth experiences with the BB clone I had almost a decade ago. A true cani-sseur's strain. I never saw large quantities but I always had great qualities in it. Some of the strangest plants came out when I crossed it.

ahhh but the chance to make shitty jokes only comes around every so often.

"I thought he was going for foliar feeds and nitrogen enhancement."

+rep for lookin' out. sometimes we stoners don't consider all the variables when we do things.

So who's up for doing a micro grow in a toilet water res?

Thanks Green!

Sorry for the slow reply things have been hectic lately.

Updates at day 52! She’s getting close now and is on water only, but last weeks molasses and water feedings prompted her to plump up and push out a fresh new wave of pistils, while the underlying pistils are matured. I’ll probably take her soon at 8 weeks regardless. The seed plant was taken at 8 weeks so certainly this clone should be faster, although I haven’t even had time to break out the scope and check the trichs

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

calientecarlos

Veteran
Lookin grrreat OZZ!! My bluebz looks exactly the same!! I was wondering when the purps genetics started showing bc the DJS Bluebz I ran many moons ago never had it.. Best wishes for harvest!!

Greenheart

Veteran
:drool:

Mine was an early finisher too. That looks awesome. Molasses is a definite winner in the sticky department. I also found for juicing fresh plant material the DJS was much better on the palatability scale. Nicely done. I'm sure the flavor and smells will be stellar!

OZZ_

Veteran
Lookin grrreat OZZ!! My bluebz looks exactly the same!! I was wondering when the purps genetics started showing bc the DJS Bluebz I ran many moons ago never had it.. Best wishes for harvest!!

Appreciate the kind words sir!

I’d say the purples started developing around week 6 ;)