What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Diary Lets grow some weed

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Update time! Plants are 35 days old. They stretched a bit, but it's ok. No more tieing since last update, and probably no more to be done till harvest.
As usually I tried to do as many picture angles as I can. In the last 4 days, since last update they received 2 waterings of 500 ml each. They use 500 ml of water in about 2 and a half day.
Hope you enjoy the pics! See you soon! :wave:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

bibi40

Mine at day 35 :

picture.php

you had manage them very well , so sure they will stay compact comparative to my plants ...
but they will grow a little more .

and one week later , day 42

picture.php

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Yeah man, doesn't look that scary. I still hope thay will stay close to the maximum of 60 cm height I want.
We'll see how it goes. Thanks for the reply.
Forgot to add the environment data:
picture.php

Soil humidity diference is because I watered one right on the sensor and the other one was watered on the side oposed to the sensor.

Urban_Legends

Seedbay Vendor
ICMag Donor
Very interesting !

Very interesting !

That's very interesting to have your both grow at same day .

It shows a lot of things .

How plants react to different setups, environnement and grower uses .

Genetic is important , but environnement and grower skills too .

Thanks a lot to you both to test those !
Enjoy your flowering stage !

:party:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Thank you for the visit, Urban Legends! I like the genetics so far, they showed lots of vigour. Can't wait to see and smoke the buds! :wave:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
New environmental data:
picture.php

As you can see the soil sensors finally got to same value.
About temperature, last update I have moved some things around and the sensor might be in "direct sunlight". I will check if that's the case, but I want to ask what temperature and humidity should I keep now that buds are forming?
Any opinions?

Later.edit: The higher temps was because I placed the thermometer probe in a place where it had the light shining on it. It was 40 cm away from the light but I used my hand and I could feel the light's power heating my hand a bit. I now place it in a better place but will have to make some kind of shade for it to be able to keep it at canopy level without influencing the real temperature and humidity.
Real daytime temperature is around 24C, night time temperature is around 21C.

Later.edit2:
New data:
picture.php

Daytime temp with new sensor position. Also, soil probes show they need water. At 60 or 65 they would start wilting.
Soon I will set the controller for VPD 10-12 at all times.

Later.edit3:
I watered them with 650 ml each seaweed extract solution and a silica supplement mixed in.

Last edited:

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hmmm looks all really good sir!
I've been aiming at 25C and around 60%rh, which I then gradually brought down to 22C and 50% over the last three weeks.( by running the dehuey more and using less heating)

I guess in flower you can aim a bit higher in VPD than during veg they say!
CC

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
picture.php

New data. They been just watered with 250 ml (each) of water with dolomite lime mixed in. I feel they might be Ca and Mg deficient. So triying to add it in, if not for this grow maybe for the next one.
I just rised the light by 5 cm, the second time I had to do it in the past week, as some tops have stretched a bit. Good news is that they look like stretch is calming down and also I still can't figure out which are the main tops, so the tieing did it's job of leveling the canopy and keeping it down even better than expected.
Buds have grown a bit, they are about the diameter of a finger by now.
Will post a pictures update sometimes before the end of the week.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Hmmm looks all really good sir!
I've been aiming at 25C and around 60%rh, which I then gradually brought down to 22C and 50% over the last three weeks.( by running the dehuey more and using less heating)

I guess in flower you can aim a bit higher in VPD than during veg they say!
CC

Thank you bro!
I feel the 65% RH, 24.5 C and VPD 10.5 is right there near perfection for this time in their life.
Then, as you do, I will work my way to lower temps and a bit lower RH. I don't think 60-65% will cause mold whit the right air movement values, but just to be safe i will set it for under 60% when buds get more compact.
See you soon for a new update! :wave:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Update time! Plants are 40 days old.
I must say I am very high and I took most pics in macro mode on my camera so I only had 4 usable photos. We gotta do with those for this update. Next time I will try to remember to set up the camera before starting to shoot pics.
I upped the nutes because the green on the leaves got a bit lighter.
They are just watered with 500 ml of water and nutes each, hence the 95+% soil humidity. It will lower once the water spread in the whole soil mass.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Thank you!
I am ready for it man! As you can see they might stay even more compact than i was hoping..

Mattbho

150w thats nuts .... shooting for 3gpw ? Will it have the penetration power? Im subbed for these beasts

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
150w thats nuts .... shooting for 3gpw ? Will it have the penetration power? Im subbed for these beasts

Actually it's 138 real watts at the outlet. The reason I wanted to keep them low and bushy is to have enaugh power and penetration to finish them right. So far it seems the light does it's job.
I am shooting for anything over 1 gpw, I like to be surprised when the grow is done so I don't throw out big expectations. We'll see how it goes. Also it's been all organic nutes till now and I am not feeding more than they need to be healthy. Maybe more can be achieved in terms of yeld with salt based nutes, but I like the results I get this way and I will try to keep it like that.
Welcome to the thread! :wave:

aliceklar

I must say I am very high and I took most pics in macro mode on my camera so I only had 4 usable photos....

:laughing: lols! I relate to this...
Still looking great, man! Look forward to more bud shots as these beauties mature. Keep up the good work.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Good to hear I am not the only one.. :D
Can't wait to see them with full buds as well!

Later.edit:
They received a watering of 500 ml water + seaweed extract each. Temp and humidity are very stable. All seems to go well for now.
picture.php

Last edited: