What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

the Quintessential Joe Rogan thread

h.h.

Veteran
I just wasted 38 seconds cause I watched twice trying to make sense of it.

Cool Moe

Veteran
Joe Rogan interviews Kanye West in a lame-ass Roganesque attempt to legitimize a tragedy of a mockery of a sham candidate. Shades of Tulsi Gabbard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxOeWuAHOiw

Kanye~"God visited me in the shower two days before the Michael Jackson music awards and told me my destiny is to be the leader of the free world"

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Joe Rogan is bat shit insane. I sincerely hope nobody looks to him for anything besides entertainment.

Cool Moe

Veteran
He seems to have a very open minded and likes to hear all sides of everything. How is that insane?

Giving insane people like Alex Jones or Kanye a platform to promote their mental illness seems irresponsibly reckless at best and purposefully malicious at worst. In hosting them Rogan legitimizes their insanity. Should he give David Duke a platform too? Where do you draw the line? Toxic pollution of our gullible masses, brought to you by Joe Rogan.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
He also interviews great people such as Joe Salatin, Dennis McKenna, Wim Hoff, Paul Stamets, Hamilton Morris and many more.

I would say his shows do far more good than harm. And honestly. It does not help people such as Alex Jones or Ted Nugent seem any smarter. It just helps show how flawed much of what they say actually is.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
He seems to have a very open minded and likes to hear all sides of everything. How is that insane?
I've known of Joe Rogan since the NewsRadio days man. It's pretty obvious he's not all there. People listen to crazy people all the time for entertainment. Heck show me somebody in talk radio who would be classified as "sane" :D I've just seen people take crazy shit he says as gospel and act like it's reality. You can be so open minded your brain falls out. I think I saw that on a bumper sticker someplace.

mcattak

Giving insane people like Alex Jones or Kanye a platform to promote their mental illness seems irresponsibly reckless at best and purposefully malicious at worst. In hosting them Rogan legitimizes their insanity. Should he give David Duke a platform too? Where do you draw the line? Toxic pollution of our gullible masses, brought to you by Joe Rogan.

No lines for me thank you.

He would tear david duke apart. It would be a great interview.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran

thats why he is so great, he fights back against the censors and book burners of the 21st century. he won't submit to threats of cancelling. he knows, the answer to bad speech is good speech, not censorship, thats the road to fascism.

bad ideas should be exposed as such to the widest public, not hidden away like some kind of goodies. sunlight is needed, exposure. last thing a sensible person would do is force insane people to hide together in secret. thats just asking for bad results.

some people are attracted to the forbidden all the more. all the great thinkers agree, free speech is an essential part of civilized society. repressing it does 10 times more harm then allowing idiots to speak and show their idiocy. we already have laws on the books, all they have to do is abide by them, and let their sites function as a neutral utility for communication like the phone, finish. let them advertise and sell data, but no censorship, no selecting what gets to trending and what disappears.

Cool Moe

Veteran
thats why he is so great, he fights back against the censors and book burners of the 21st century. he won't submit to threats of cancelling. he knows, the answer to bad speech is good speech, not censorship, thats the road to fascism.

bad ideas should be exposed as such to the widest public, not hidden away like some kind of goodies. sunlight is needed, exposure. last thing a sensible person would do is force insane people to hide together in secret. thats just asking for bad results.

some people are attracted to the forbidden all the more. all the great thinkers agree, free speech is an essential part of civilized society. repressing it does 10 times more harm then allowing idiots to speak and show their idiocy. we already have laws on the books, all they have to do is abide by them, and let their sites function as a neutral utility for communication like the phone, finish. let them advertise and sell data, but no censorship, no selecting what gets to trending and what disappears.

I see he has Alex Jones invited back for a Nov. 3 election day special, I guess so Rogan can expose more of those bad ideas and hate speech

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
I see he has Alex Jones invited back for a Nov. 3 election day special, I guess so Rogan can expose more of those bad ideas and hate speech

Joe Rogan Experience #1555 - Alex Jones & Tim Dillon

[YOUTUBEIF]jdVso9FSkmE[/YOUTUBEIF]

they are just freinds shooting the shit, you take Rogan way more seriously then he takes himself.