What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NFL 2019-2020

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah, the guy working there said I could take them home and cook them or he could cook them in 5 mins, I opted for him to cook it. That one was their 7 meat version, it didn’t seem like there were 7 different meats on it though lol.
I used to really go for a good raspberry lambic but didn’t fancy paying $10-12 at a restaurant for it. Nowadays I just want a beer that tastes alright and has a good amount of abv.

Ur right, the chargers are really trying to take advantage of herbert’s cheap rookie contract now before they have to pay him 40M/yr. They might actually be a scary team next year assuming good health across the board. An all-LA superbowl might be cool to see, maybe not for other fans though.

I think the giants were interested in signing Trubisky because their new coach, brian daboll, was the Off Coor with the bills and liked what he saw when Trubs was josh allen’s backup. But Mitch decided to sign with Pitt instead because he thinks, with ben retired, that he’s got a better chance to start than being behind Daniel jones in NY.
I think Mitch is a decent QB if he uses his mobility a lot; his accuracy of course is inconsistent at best but if he can pick up 1st downs while scrambling that can extend drives and put up points, but if he’s too afraid of getting hit and doesn’t want to scramble then he’s backup material at best.
Dwyane haskins was on the steelers all of last season but he was #3 behind Ben and mason Rudolph, and we’ve seen him play enough to know why he’s a 3rd team QB in this league.
I heard the steelers like Malik Willis, the dual threat college QB who projects to be a poor man’s josh allen, but he might not be there when they pick at #20.

I think the rams only saved a couple mill when they cut hekker but maybe they needed the money. Even though hekker was named the punter on the all decade team (2010-2020) you can draft or sign a street free agent punter for like a few hundred thou and still be pretty good.

Good for Younghoe that he got paid, it’s 5M/yr for 5 yrs, 2 years guaranteed. I didn’t think he would make it back to the nfl after his disastrous chargers stint (got cut after 3 weeks) but he was good in the AAF and then caught on with the falcons and was pretty darn good, 2 years ago I think he led the league in kicker fantasy points, including one game where he had like 3 successful onside kicks(!).

Yeah, a lot of countries have feral dogs that will eat trash and shit and are considered basically vermin, like raccoons or possums here. Americans tend to anthropomorphize their dogs, treat them like humans, but when you own a dog you know how stupid they can be haha. Like my dog was pretty smart in some things but also a real stubborn bee-yotch in others, and that’s just how it is, they’re animals and will always have certain limits no matter how smart they are. Plus aren’t pigs considered to have intelligence at least equal to dogs and they basically roll around in shit and eat it and are raised for food and slaughtered like nothing, but because theyre not smaller and cute and furry and can’t be raised as pets people don’t care about pigs being treated as industrial meat-growing machines.

I think because Watson’s crimes were against women he’s going to get a hard time from the fan base of any team he gets traded to; there’s a lot of women NFL fans and some of them aren’t going to like what he did. But ur right, it apparently didn’t rise to the level of criminality (or at least it wasn’t provable beyond a reasonable doubt) and these women are going to get compensated well and hopefully both sides can move on with their lives.

I agree, goat is kind of a gamey meat, I much prefer beef. There’s some places that serve birria tacos around here ill have to stop by and try them out. Around here milenesa is like schnitzel, a piece of beef (or chicken) pounded flat and coated in breadcrumbs and fried crisp, served with beans and rice and tortillas on the side. I don’t often get it but I don’t think ive ever seen it wrapped in a burrito, although that would be fire as well.

So the woman had a hankering for some crawfish boil last month and decided to go to a nearby cajun restaurant; she didn’t end up buying crawfish lol but did load up on a bunch of other stuff: crablegs, shrimp, calamari, soft shell crab, garlic noodles, fries, cornbread. Not all that much food for what was spent (like $60) but that’s seafood for ya. Was pretty good fwiw.

20220220_151155.jpg
20220220_151152.jpg
20220220_151144 (2).jpg

Attachments

• 0 bytes · Views: 6
  • 20220220_151152.jpg
    20220220_151152.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 41
  • 20220220_151144 (2).jpg
    20220220_151144 (2).jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 27

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
fine malt lyrics for ye'; house of pain

oh snap man! crab
me and the mrs have been craving crab lately but i havent seen any deals in the store and like you said, when you get it from a resturant its kind of spendy
that looks like snow crab, my usual go to
king crab is a lot meatier but almost 2x the price
how was the calamari? that is one of my favorites and the mrs loves softshell crabs
/i dont like the shell and dont eat them really, she will even eat shrimp shell and all sometimes
so ya like craw daddys huh?
when i was a kid and we lived in fla we lived by a cannal where we would catch those bugs by the bucket load
i dont like them but there was a neighbor who would give me and my sister 5c a piece for them!
/that was real money back then
always love me some good noodles? did you guys get this feast at an asian place?
we have a few cajun crab places close by, but like i said they are kind of expensive for what you get
/a bag of crabs/shrimp/etc in sauce but its almost $20 bucks; $60 sounds like a good deal for what you got
man, i might have to splurge and get some crab now
milenesa is like a snitzel, but when you get it in a buritto its all cut up and like i said, comes with beans (filler
thats why i ask for the beans on the side
its pretty grinding stuff
chargers do have a great team on paper, but i hope they get f'd in the end
/have i mentioned f'spanos
plus the afc.w is going to be red hot
hope you are hving a great st.patties day
having a stout right now and ready to have some jamisons
i dont like the dark stuff but traditions and all
cant wait for the weekend, the mrs says its the start of spring this weekend, but its felt like summer here the past few weeks
hopeing to get out to the desert a few more times before the sun gets too brutal
have a great day my man!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Everything was good, calamari was good, may have been marinated in buttermilk because it wasn’t too chewy. Softshell crabs were good, couldn’t really taste the shell it was so soft, only complaint I had was they were so small. It was a softshell crab combo meal and by weight it was like 95% fries and 5% crab lol.
The shrimp was shell-on and we peeled them before eating them. I know at some Chinese restaurants they like to serve shrimp with shells and youre supposed to eat them, I do it but don’t really care for it cause the shells are so dang tough/chewy.
Im not sure if ive ever had crawfish, maybe once or twice years ago but don’t really remember. Is it more like shrimp than crab/lobster meat?
The garlic noodles were great, very garlicky as you can tell from all the minced garlic on top. Im not sure but I think garlic noodles are a common side dish in cajun places run by Vietnamese people?
We have crayfish in lake Michigan, they live in the rocks around the piers and docks, one time I saw some kids catch them for fish bait, they would tie a piece of dead worm to a string and the crayfish would grab it and they would pull it up out of the water. Easy peasy. I guess if that dude you sold to ate the crawdads that was a good deal for him too, for $1 he could have 20 of them for the stewpot.

Im not sure if ive ever had milenesa in a burrito but that would be fire; also that’s a great hack to get it without beans so they give you more meat haha. Sometimes I try to get half steak half barbacoa at chipotle so they give me more than a half scoop of each, more like ¾ scoop of each but if the employee is experienced it don’t work.

Yeah, it would suck for spanos to get rewarded with a superbowl after screwing the city of san diego and all their fans. But y’know, they’ve got the chiefs and broncos with chef russ in their division and the raiders with carr aren’t bad either, so odds are they won’t be making a title run any time soon.

It's actually been pretty warm this past week, hit the 60’s a few times, even hit 69 (nice) a couple days ago, almost felt hot. Now it’s back down to the 40’s, and April is usually rainy, so the real nice weather might not come till May.

I totally forgot it was st patty’s day today. No wonder corned beef was on sale for $3lb at the supermarket. Here’s some corned beef that I sliced up into sammiches today. It was good. Later on I’ll have some beers, in honor of saint pat. No hard liquor for me, mostly because i dont have any but also want to cut back on the hard core consumption.

20220317_153426.jpg

Attachments

• 20220317_153426.jpg
    20220317_153426.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 35

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
joe walsh: turn to stone

we had corned beef on wed
they had them on sale at costco so i got one and we had it with air fried potatoes and pan fried cabbage
it was grinding and i love corned beef
i was going to make corned beef hash this morning bt after an early morning walk was more in the mood for oats and vodka
/i sweat my ass off this moring
so it looks like the raiders are going all in this year and have picked up d.addams from the pack for a couple high draft picks
this is good news for d.carr seeing as how the raider nation is w/o a #1 pick this year ( and i think #2 went to gb)
the big story is in cle with them throwning all kinds of shade on baker
some mean words about how he needs to "mature" or something like that
he took that franchise and put it back in the playoff picture
/even if it was just drawn in with crayon
i kind of liked mayfield but i guess cle is not too happy with him right now
they still have his this season unless they can work out a trade, but then who would they bring in to lead the browns
/this dumpster fire is going to get hot
at best he plays there another year, balls out and then they try and tag him?!? i guess
i think im going to cut the rest of the corned beef up and have sandwiches later today
that sounds super good and i love a good ruben, i have the sour kraut and will sub in thousand island instead of russian
i think a big part of the chargers problems are in the front office and i dont believe in their leadership so i say f'them
kc knows how to win and i like andy reid
and lets not sleep on denver
i think they could be fun to watch with the addition of rus
craw daddys are like loster i guess, mud bugs more than shrimp i hear
i wouldent know because i dotn eat the nasty things
cant wait for the season to start cooking
plus we get some minor league football here in april i think
rock and roll brother! have a great friday

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
-clicks link, something smells really bad...
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co.. .g-allegations/

wait what?! a dbl dose of pops knoggin in the same day
/yes sir, can i have more
the mrs isnt feeling well but im doing just fine...
/makes stoner face and rattles ice in drink

reads latest nfl news and gets glazzed look in eyes
oh yeah...let the fun begin
-clown cars screeches to halt out front
sweet! the entertainment is here: ques the midget strippers

mr bungle:

whohoho! shit just got hot and nasty up in here
/cracks the window and sprays air freshner
the browns just dropped one on the nfl and forgot to flush
the browns wanted a grown man with his hands all up under center at qb
/or whatever position he prefers
sounds good
so what do they do?
what did the browns do now?!
hahhaha, lets bring in d.wattson
/hey keep your hands to yourself
the contract looks ok for the team but he may still be facing penalties from the league so who knows who will be under center this next season
and you know baker is motivated to play for a team that just called him a big baby
maybe if heprovided the extra service he would still have a job, but i would not be suprised if he gts some kind of toe owwie or hurts his back" and cant play
they should trade him for a boat load of picks (i think hes worth a #1 &#3), sea... im looking at you (or maybe atl)
/hopes baker goes to the playoffs this season on another team and lives a long and happy life

this dumpster fire just got good! lets just be be glad we arent browns fan

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Ah, corned beef hash, that’s a great idea. The woman loves beef hash, im going to have to remember to make it for breakfast this weekend.
Yeah, it was kind of surprising that the packers traded Adams to the raiders for 1[SUP]st[/SUP] and 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] rd picks. I heard that they offered the same money or more to Adams but he preferred to play with the raiders, I think that was his team growing up in Norcal and Derek Carr was his college QB at fresno state. Also he just bought a house in vegas next door to Carr so I guess theyre now BFF’s. Aaron Rodgers said he wasn’t interested in coming back to the packers if they were rebuilding but now having lost his #1 WR (best WR in the game over the last 3 yrs) he cant be happy. But there’s a lot of WR’s in this draft, and with two 1[SUP]st[/SUP]’s and two 2[SUP]nd[/SUP]’s the packers could draft a nice young and cheap receiver or two.
Yeah, I don’t know what’s going on with baker in Cleveland, he wasn’t happy that they wanted to trade for Watson and now he’s asked them to trade him to Indy or Seattle. He had a promising rookie year and 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] year with them (won a playoff game) but his 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] yr was awful and 4[SUP]th[/SUP] yr (this past year) was not good as well, though he was injured for most of it. I watched one game of his in the last month of the season, shortly before he shut it down for the year, and he looked good on some throws and off on others, just his consistency wasn’t there with the injury to his non throwing shoulder.

The AFC west is really loading up on talent, Denver has Wilson, chargers have jc Jackson (patriots cornerback) and Khalil mack, Raiders have davante and chandler jones (AZ def end) and KC is KC, plus they signed JuJu smith Schuster for 1 yr 10M. JuJu has been hurt a lot recently but he’s at his best when he’s a #2 WR, and with Tyreek drawing #1 cornerbacks and double coverage maybe he’ll feast.
Should be interesting in that division to say the least, maybe they’ll win 2 out of 3 wild card spots like the NFC west did last year.

Yeah, deshaun Watson going to the browns was surprising, I heard he was all set on atlanta (he grew up in Georgia) but I guess when Cleveland agreed to extend his contract and give him more money he was like “How much?!? Sheeeee-iiiiittt, I’ve always loved north central Ohio” haha.

He already had a 44M/yr contract with the Texans he signed a couple years ago, now he’s got a 46M/yr contract that’s fully guaranteed for 5 yrs with the browns. He still comes in under aaron rodger’s 50M/yr deal but that’s only guaranteed for 3 yrs, then again Rodgers is like 12 yrs older too (26 vs 38).

Texans also got the browns next three 1[SUP]st[/SUP] rd picks and a 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] and 4[SUP]th[/SUP] in future years. Not a bad haul for them, cleveland’s pick is #13 overall this draft so Houston will have #3 and #13 in the 1[SUP]st[/SUP] rd. Plus I think they like davis mills, their rookie QB they picked in the 4[SUP]th[/SUP] rd out of Stanford, he kept getting better as the season went on so with better talent on offense they might be more than ok.

Ur right, Watson will probably be suspended at least 6 games to begin the year, maybe baker starts those games if he’s still on the team or case Keenum starts. Im not sure Cleveland wants to trade him within the AFC so maybe Seattle is a more likely landing spot for Baker, but I guess it also comes down to who offers the most compensation. U think he’s worth a 1[SUP]st[/SUP] and a 3[SUP]rd[/SUP]? Wentz got traded from the colts to the commanders for a 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] rd pick swap (so colts got a 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] rounder that was 5 spots higher than the one they sent back) plus colts got a 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] rounder this year and a 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] rounder next year that could bump up to a 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] rounder if wentz plays 70% of snaps this season.
One analyst said baker could be worth only a 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] rd pick. That seems somewhat low to me but we’ll see. I guess one thing the browns could do is wait till training camp/early season starts and if a teams starting QB gets injured they might get desperate and throw a bunch of picks at CLE for baker, especially if baker plays well while filling in during watson’s suspension.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
oh snap! i did not realise the full extent of d.watts trade; the turds are giving up that much for him?!
the #1 picks alone is worth it and i cant see how anything will go wrong from here
/cle drafts a bunch of russinas with all thier #1s
that is some sweet money and i bet the girls of O-hi-O are rubbing their hands together (greasing them up)
hahahhaha
AhHahahahah
the dumpster fire is going to get red hot, we are talking surface of the sun hot here
/watts sits half next year and then shits the bed the rest of the time= pay me!
we will see what they get for st.mayfield; i hope theu only get a #3 and some late round stuff over the next couple years
/the nfl might throw in a compensatiory pick, but hey thats just more russian tallent to be drafted
juju smith going to knis big news like you said man, now thill has another burner on the other side of the field; this plays right into mahommies hands
/can you say long ball?
we made this type of sopapilla today (spelling is all messed up)
last tienm we and the mrs went to tx, her and my sister got all into this fry bread shit
light and fluffy it was prety good if you like cinamon toast

/they had it with honey cinnamon and sugar
so we hade some this weekend and it cam out pretty good
i thought it would make a great chaluppa type taco shell and am petitioning for this hard
hope you had a great weekend brother and are ready for a new week!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Well, cleveland’s pick is #13 overall but the two first’s in 2023 and 2024 might be in the 20’s if the browns do well with Watson at QB. If theyre still looking for a franchise QB it’s hard to get one without a top 10 pick, although lamar Jackson was drafted in the 20’s, so was aaron Rodgers, dak was a 4[SUP]th[/SUP] rd, chef russ was a 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] rd….
In comparison, the 49ers gave up three 1[SUP]st[/SUP] round picks last year to move up from #12 to #3 in the draft to get trey lance: their #12 plus two future 1[SUP]st[/SUP]’s to get the dolphins’ #3. Their 1[SUP]st[/SUP] rd pick this year is only #29 since they made the nfc championship game, but it’s uncertain whether lance is going to be an elite QB (or even a good one, really) unlike Watson.
But ur right, they needed to restock draft picks because of the disastrous trades bill o’brien made before he was fired.

Ive heard of fry bread, it’s kind of a native American Indian kind of food, right? Basically just fried dough, if you sprinkle sugar and cinnamon over it it’s like an elephant ear (food that you would find at a state fair) but you can also use it as a taco shell (Indian taco). Sopaipilla is the latin American version of fry bread, I think they’re big in New Mexico also. Did you stop by Albuquerque at all? I think sadie’s is a well known chain there that serves sopas.

The local supermarket chain Jewel-Osco has a deal on Fridays for a 2.5lb bucket of wings for $10, ordinarily it’s like $17. Pretty good, they come in spicy and bbq flavors, and the spicy is actually pretty hot. I think the wings have changed though the last couple years, they used to not be so heavily breaded, maybe they changed it to keep the weight the same and food costs lower so they don’t have to raise the price like most food nowadays is more pricey than it used to be.

Click image for larger version  Name:	wings bucket.jpg Views:	0 Size:	95.9 KB ID:	18104933

Attachments

• wings bucket.jpg
    wings bucket.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 30

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
baba how ya been brother
hope you are having a great week, its been summer time hot here and things are rocking and rolling
whats going to ahppen to baker?
it looks like the colts picked up matty ice, then the falcons sign mariota
/i dont thing the falcons will eb that good but baker could have cooked in indy
saints are sticking with crab legs
so what is he to do
/man im going to lose sleep over this tonight
seattle! they need a qb and he would fit into their system of weak pass protection and winging it
the braowns might try and keep him for a few games, until watts comes off his suspension but i dont think he is going to be at his ebst
im relooking my thesis and i think hes dropping in value like faster than the ruble
those wings look grinding! that one of my fav parts of the bird
/im a thigh man as well
thats cool they have two flavors, would they do a half and half for you, then you would got some spicy bbq wings
man i could snmach on somewings right now, maybe mix them in some buffalo sauce or even a terriaki
its spring timeand we are planning onn hitting up the desert for some primitive camping here before it gets too hot
im hoping for a wet srping because we get some great blooms in the desert, plus we go to primitive spots to camp out of where there arent a lot of crowds so we cn drive into the cool spots and then get away from the crowds
but this weekend i want wing... or whatver the mrs wants to feed me
/happily eats burnt toast
i dont know if you are a god fearing man, but pray for baker

dolly parton, bargain store

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah, it’s funny, after the nfl combine 2 weeks ago I read an article saying that the QB trade market wasnt as active as people thought it would be. At that time only Russell had been traded and Rodgers was re-signing with the packers. But then free agency started and now everyone’s moving.
Like u said, matt ryan got traded to the colts for a 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] rounder, which I thought was light compensation but honestly he hasn’t been that good the last couple of years. But to your point, he’s also been on a pretty bad roster so maybe he’ll have a resurgence with the colts.
The falcons are paying Mariota 7M this season to be their tank commander (with an option for 12M next season) – next year is when the alabama and Ohio state QB’s are draft eligible so maybe they go with a rookie than another year of Mariota. I don’t expect him to start the whole next season anyway, the man is an injury waiting to happen.

Should I feel sorry for baker? I guess I feel sorry for him, as much as you can for a man who’s going to make 18M next year wherever he plays. As a former #1 overall pick, though, he would have secured a 40M/yr contract if he was consistently good. I heard the colts were never that interested in him for whatever reason, and not sure if the seahawks are pursuing him all that much. Panthers still need a QB and they don’t seem interested either. Is there something wrong with him? He makes good commercials at least. Maybe he’s on social media too much for a team’s liking, but his wife was an insta-thot so comes with the territory I guess.

So you do desert camping when it’s cool and mountain or highland camping when it’s hot? You ever see scorpions or snakes in the desert? Are there rattlesnakes or poisonous snakes in your area?

So the woman had a hankering for dumplings recently and wanted to make some homemade ones: here they are, made with chive tofu shrimp and kimchi. The pre made wrappings we got were a little small but worked ok. Steamed them in a bamboo steamer for like 15-20 minutes until glossy. The one mistake we made was not laying down some cabbage leaf first, the dumplings all stuck to the bottom of the bamboo so it was a mess eating them. Also the amount of work involved was more than i like to put into a meal, but that's just my laziness talking.

dumplings.jpg

Attachments

• dumplings.jpg
    dumplings.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 31

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
doobie brothers

/wtf do i know

happening my man! its cooler today than its been and we are starting off the day super foggy
lets get the weekend started!
yeah, we only camp in the desert for about 6m of the year, then it just gts too hot to be fun and you move to other spots
we still have a couple months for desert camping, but the temps are already in the 90s
/we are having some santa anas so the heat is there
we also camp in the mountains during the hotter months, the elevation makes it nice later in the day and the nights can get downright cold
once its gets to be summer all bets are off and you just deal with the meat where ever you go
these past couple years ive seen more snakes, a lot more
at least twice last year i was way closer to rattlers than i would like to be
the worst was on a hike near the coast where i dident see the snake but stepped close enough to piss this thing off something fierce
the rattle sounded like someone tearing velcro and i could tell it was a big one
close enough i could feel it
/ youever know you were going to get hit so you kind of expect it, it was that close
luckily i froze enough and ushered the mrs behind me enough so once she was clear i jumped like a deer and was out of there
ive seen scorpions in the desert and even would bring this uv light with me at one point to spot them
they are more like spiders and dont really attack you if you dont mess with them, but not something you want to mess with
those dumpings look grinding! my mom makes a mean dumpling, but nto iwth kimchee
im going to have to try that!
she would steam them sometimes, but other times you put them in a pan of hot oil (just a few drops) to brown them u[p on the bottom and then hit it with some water so it steams up and put the cover on the pan
it kind of gives you a brown crispy bottom but a steamed top
/super grinding!
you are right about baker being a media darling at one point, plus his wife is kind of hot
cant wait for d.watts to start doing the progressive ads!
--opens on browns stadium; prius pulls up and skanky looking chick pulls out massage table
--cuts to b.watson and something about home auto and health
i think he is a good qb and will end up somewhere at some point, but at bargain prices
the browns are a dumpster fire right now and i cant wait to see how this plays out
colts have pittman at #1 and maybe ty on the other side of the field
i i like their defense
ryan has a strong arm and can hit the open man down field
carolina could still look to baker and hope he balls out and puts them back in the playoff picture, but i dont see that happening
sea is a rebuild team from where im sitting and could use someone to bridge the gap until the can rebuild their roster
/esp the defense

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Im not very heat tolerant and especially without a way to cool off (swimming or showers) im not sure I’d have a lot of fun camping in the heat. But as long as youre smart about it (stay in the higher elevations, stay in the shade) it shouldn’t be too bad.

Man, that’s wild that you had two close encounters with rattlers. I’m assuming you were wearing some sturdy boots or shoes so as long as they don’t bite too high up you have a good chance of not being injured. Plus the vast majority of rattlesnake bites aren’t fatal, fwiw: about 8-15 deaths every year from 8000(!) bites. Still, they can mess you up bad even if it doesn’t kill you, and the anti venom treatment is ridiculously expensive.
But you seem like a pro at hiking and are smart enough to not take unnecessary risks with injuries, etc. Me, I’d be stupid enough to try to make two scorpions fight each other like people do in movies. Probably get my ass stung doing that. But even I wouldn’t be stupid enough to mess with a rattler. Although what if you see one on a trail, would you try to move it off the trail so other hikers don’t step on it, use a long branch or something like that?

That’s a neat trick with the dumplings, pan fry them with a bit of oil and then throw some water in to create steam and put the lid on to let them cook. I also don’t mind them deep fried, it’s unhealthy but delicious but they tend to break apart in the oil and then you got a bunch of filling swimming around and that sucks.

I heard that teams aren’t interested in Baker because of his salary for next year, a guaranteed 18M. Which is weird because if he puts up say top 15 numbers that’s a steal for a QB, but maybe the teams that need a QB are strapped for cap space. Experts are actually saying that that the browns would have to ADD picks to the trade instead of getting back picks for a Baker trade, so essentially baker has negative value – “you want me to take Baker off your hands? Send me a 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] rd pick”. Like brock Osweiler a few years ago when Houston send him to the browns and included a 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] rd pick.
It’s a far cry from the end of last season, when baker led the browns to the playoffs and their first playoff win in 30 years. He had a good but not great yr, 3600yds, 26tds 8 ints. Josh allen from his draft class got a massive extension but Mayfield and the browns couldn’t work one out so they picked up his 5[SUP]th[/SUP] yr option (18M) instead. In his defense, lamar Jackson was also from the same draft and won a damn mvp and still hasn’t agreed on a new contract with the ravens, but they have all this next year to work one out (ravens picked up his 5[SUP]th[/SUP] yr option too).
I think there were rumors last off season that the browns were willing to extend Baker at like 34M/yr for 4-5yrs, but he rejected it and wanted something in the 40 range like Dak, Josh and Mahomes were getting (rodgers and watson too now). He bet on himself and for now he lost, but if he gets traded and plays really well he could get a fat extension...

Here's a pizza I picked up for the superbowl, it’s an example of what’s called ‘tavern-style’ pizza around these parts. Basically a thin crust pizza, somewhat like NY style but not as foldable because it’s a little more crispier, especially at the edges. Cut into squares, they call it tavern style because if your local bar serves pizza it’s most likely this style.

Click image for larger version  Name:	tavern pizza.jpg Views:	1 Size:	133.2 KB ID:	18109656

Attachments

• tavern pizza.jpg
    tavern pizza.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 28

shithawk420

Veteran
Howdy boys! That looks kinda like a Rossatis pizza Baba.everyone thinks Chicago just has deep dish pizza.well we have good thin crust too.havent been paying too much attention to football lately cause it's all wishy-washy.my buddy who's 68 says he's not gonna watch football anymore cause of the dumb politics.hes a grouch anyway.if your ever in Lisle Baba check out Papa Pasero's.lots of good places in DuPage county

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
oh man, that pie looks great! looks like a nice crust to topping ration
/ive been on a low carb kick lately opting for thinner crust pizza
did you guys get the works? i see a bunch of meat plus some veggies
my mom would only fry the bottom of the dumplings and then steam the est to cook the filling and give the top that nice chewy texture
that is a great point about bakers $$ being a sticking point
18m isnt chump change but its not that bad looking at some of the toher deals that have been handed out,being on his 5th year does that mean any team that is interested in picking him up will most likely have to renegotiate a new conttact at the end of the season?
looks like v.miller found hiself a nice landing spot in buf, another playof calibre team
good for him and i hope he can put up another season of big numbers
/he did pretty well in la for the gmaes played
im pretty heat tolerant and do very well in hot dry climates
im getting better in the cold and no longer assiciate cold with pain, its just cold
i would be more inclined to touch a snake than a scorpion
im not running out and touching any wild animal i find but i dont mind spiders and am not really afraid of snakes
scorpions are another matter, those are bugs and i dotn want anything to do with them
most of the snakes you see in the trail dont stick around and usually move off into the brush pretty quickly
ive seen them sunning on boulders and rocks but once they know you are around they skeedaddle
depending on the snake, it would have to be a pretty big stick, they can strike like 1/2-2/3 their body length and are lighning fast
the thing to worry about scorpions and spiders in the desert is them crawling into your shoes or gear and then you come in contact with them
i usually wear like merrial hiking shoes but am going to get myself a paif of those low top 3/4 ones this year
they still would not provide much protection from a snake bite but they will help protect my baby ankles as im running at top speed in the toher direction
hope you week is off to a great start and you are kicking all the ass you can

get that beach bod ready, summer is just around the corner

shithawk420

Veteran
The beach? We don't go to the beach around here pops! We could go to lake Michigan but it's pretty cold.id be more worried about spiders and scorpions too.i remember when I was a kid in Georgia I found a dead scorpion by my bed.ive never seen or heard of scorpions in Georgia ever sense.kinda of scary when I think about it.ive seen millipedes crawling around too.thats about the only thing I like about the midwest.dont have to deal with poisonous shit like that

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Hey Hawk, good to hear from you. So you don’t have much of an opinion on the Bears’ moves? The new coach (eberflus, former Def Coor from the colts) and GM (poles, who was with the Chiefs)? Trading Khalil mack? Allen robinson signing with the rams? Everyone’s saying the bears are in for a rebuilding year (or maybe 2) now, which I can see. Just have to further develop the players we have now, especially justin fields, and hope to hit on more talent in the draft if they want to be a top 10 team.

Are there still politics in football? For the most part I think the league has moved past the whole BLM and kneeling during the anthem stuff, you hardly see anyone doing it anymore. Im sure the league has lost some fans because of it but ratings were up anyway last year, league is about to sign tv deals for like 2-3x what they were before, theyre not hurting for money.

Rosati’s is solid food, especially for the diverse menu they have (every Italian dish, sandwiches, burgers, salads etc) and as many locations they have. I do love a good stuffed pizza or deep dish but I think I prefer a thinner crust most of the time, the stuffed pizza is like a cheese and salt bomb especially if there’s a lot of meat in it. But all types of pizza are good, it’s bread sauce cheese and meat/vegetables, cant really go wrong with that.
I rarely if ever get out to the far western burbs Hawk but for sure there’s some good eats out there. Took a look at that papa passero’s joint and it looks fire, reminds me of a place near me called Moretti’s, a good sit-down Italian restaurant with a large menu and full bar and good food specials. But that passero’s place has a buffet as well, with fried chicken and pizza and pastas and sides. Man, I would love to kill that, even though I’d be done after 2-3 medium size plates.

Hey Pop, we got what they called the ‘garbage’ pizza which yeah is basically the works/all their toppings, except I omitted the hot peppers since when I’ve gotten this before they put too many peppers on and it’s hard to taste anything else. Actually this one wasn’t that great they usually put more of each topping on it but it was cheap and I had a coupon so it was acceptable.

Yeah, Baker will need to either be extended or let go after this season so that’s another reason teams don’t want to trade any draft picks for him, it’s either a 1yr rental or if he balls out you gotta pay him a big contract to stay. Even if he has a so-so season he’ll probably want 30some M/yr to stay.
I was a little surprised that Von got 20M/yr from the bills (about 2.5yrs guaranteed) he’s 33 so you would think he’s gradually going to get worse but I guess the bills needed an edge rusher. There was some talk about him re-signing with the rams but ur point is valid, he scored another payday, has 2 rings already and might get another one with the bills this season.

Yeah I figured snakes are usually pretty shy of people, and scorpions too unless they crawl into your empty shoe thinking it’s a hole or something. U ever find a scorpion in your gear in the morning? I guess if all your stuff is in a tent not much chance of a scorpion finding its way in. I don’t think I’d mess with a rattler even with a long stick, if you had a professional snake handler tool (and lots of experience) to grab it around its neck then maybe but the risk doesn’t seem worth the reward. Rattler on the trail? Dip into the woods and go around it. You’re on a narrow path on a cliff and cant go around it? Well, guess we’re turning around and finding another trail haha. I remember that steve Irwin guy would pick up poisonous snakes by the tail and smack them on the head and stuff and wouldn’t get bitten. Crazy.

Hawk I don’t see too many millipedes around but centipedes scare the bejesus out of me, don’t like em one bit. I think in warmer climates like down south the bugs can get crazy big, haven’t been south in a while but I remember seeing something that looked like a 3 inch long mosquito down there, thing looked like it could bite through a leather jacket. Im pretty sure it wasn’t an actual mosquito though. I hope at least.

shithawk420

Veteran
To be honest Baba I got more on my plate than the Bears right now.im kinda mad they got rid of Cohen.other than them getting rid of everyone I haven't really kept up.my dad keeps up with it but my older buddy just complains about it and he says he's done but we'll see.he always changes his mind.

As far as tents go I woke up in GA covered in spiders.i don't know how they got in but they find a way.i hate spiders.the movie Arachnophobia messed me up when I was a kid.snakes don't bother me much.and it probably was a mesquito Baba.they can get big.i wouldn't even want to travel the Bayou's.or Florida for that matter.

I've heard of Moretti's.looks good for sure.i think there's a Giordonos somewhat near me.they are decent.ive had frozen deep dish pizza from Walmart but it's kinda shitty.i might have to order some Lou malnatis.they will send it in dry ice but it was $60 10 years ago.probably more now

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
msc clip:

is rosttis a chian place? it sounds ginding; I-tal'ian plus burgers and sandwiches
i would totallt go for a garbage pizza and ask they go heavy on the olives and onions
i used to crush those all you can eat places, but since covid have avioded them
i like the idea of buffet style food but with all that food sitting out...
im still kind of sketched on it

you even check out racciopio?
/would insert link but am...
too lazy

FO8pmyaVgAISiLJ?format=jpg&name=large.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	FO8pmyaVgAISiLJ?format=  jpg&name=large.jpg Views:	0 Size:	126.5 KB ID:	18111711

the baker thing is just another tire on cle dumpster fire
i cant wait to see how they turn out
baker might be a hard sell and i could see how cle would want to unload him and the rest of the nfl knows they could get him cheap
if he plays so amny games for the browns arent they held accountable for part of his salary?
bills will look good this year and i like their swaggar
snakes dont really want ot be around you any more than you want to eb around them
ive seen some centipedes/ milipedes over seas and they were nasty creatures!
half as long as your arm and the seems kind of aggressive, the would come at you when other bugs would go the other way
f'them, boot to the head and game over
i just dont like bugs and try and aviod them as much as i cna
i hear they have scorpions down osouth hawk and i would freak out if i found one near my bed
ive swam in lakes before and like the mellow feeling, not like the ocean
when it warms up you know the saying, suns out guns out brother!

kick ass guys, hope you both have a great week!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
How is life btw Hawk? Hope you’re doing well. I know a while back you had some biker gang (?) after you but it seems like that situation has been resolved now, thankfully.
Yeah, Tarik tore his acl in Sept 2020 and should have come back sometime last season but I guess his knee never felt that great even more than a year later. Im just glad the dude signed a contract extension literally the week before his injury so at least he got paid some. He hasn’t been picked up by any team yet, if he can show he’s fully healthy I think he’d be very useful to a team as a punt/kick returner and receiving back.
I hear ya, it’s been hard to be a bears fan, they’ve literally had one good season in the last decade and next season doesn’t look to be a winning one either but im still interested to see if fields and their other young players develop.
$60 for one pizza to be shipped to you on dry ice is a ripoff, I agree, unless you’ve got a real craving for it. I actually like the home run inn frozen pizza you can find in grocery stores, it’s not deep dish/stuffed but the cheese is thick and the crust buttery so it’s a decent approximation of the experience. And I think Gino’s east sells a frozen deep dish in grocery stores too, not sure ive ever had it though.

It's universal then, everyone hates bugs haha. Not a big surprise there. What freaks me out about centipedes is that they’re so darn fast, Pop. If you try to stomp one and miss or don’t kill it it’ll scramble all over the place trying to get away. That’s when I run away screaming like a little girl lol. Plus they’re poisonous, right? Not enough to seriously injure you but maybe like a bee sting?

Yeah, Rosati’s is a chain place, I looked it up and theyre actually in like 15 different states, including AZ (12 locations) and TX (6 locations). So it’s something you could try on your next road trip east Pop. It’s definitely solid Chicago style deep dish and stuffed pizza, if you’ve ever had them before, but if it’s too out of the way for you I hesitate to say it’s worth the trouble. That’s just me, I love food but im not looking to spend a lot of time or energy getting it when there’s lots of other good choices that are much more convenient. When I was younger I used to be willing to drive an hour away to try out some new restaurant I heard of but after doing that a few times and not being super impressed I decided it’s not worth it.

Baker Mayfield’s salary is guaranteed for the year so if no one trades for him the browns owe him his salary regardless if he plays or not. They do need a QB to start during watson’s upcoming suspension (6 or more games, hasn’t been given yet) but I think both sides want to move on, baker doesn’t want to play for them and the browns don’t want him in the locker room.
Im not sure what will happen with garappolo, his 25M salary for the year isnt guaranteed so the niners could cut him and only pay a 1.5M cap hit (last year of his deal). But I guess he had surgery on his throwing shoulder early in march, apparently he hurt his labrum during the playoffs, so a team wont trade for him (give up picks and take on his salary) unless theyre sure he’s healthy, which might not be for months.

Speaking of Rosati’s, had a coupon a couple months ago so ordered a stuffed sausage, it was good if a little light on meat imo, if I were to order again I think I’d add more toppings.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Rosati 1.jpg Views:	2 Size:	153.4 KB ID:	18112037 Click image for larger version  Name:	Rosati 2.jpg Views:	2 Size:	177.3 KB ID:	18112039

Attachments

• Rosati 1.jpg
    Rosati 1.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 25
  • Rosati 2.jpg
    Rosati 2.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 23

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
living the glamorous life brother!
sheila E

oh man that pie looks extra good! ive heard of pizza with the sauce on the top like that but havent had one
do they put the cheese on the bottom on top of the crust, ive had pizzas like that and it was super good, the cheese melts and makes this extra chewy layer right near the bread, plus the toppings seem more pronounced in the flavor profile
i would go for a stuffed crust pizza and im going to ave to look for the rosatis for my next road trip like you said
when we drive i dont mind going a little out of the way to find cool new things and im sure there are some off the major routes, (the 40e or the 8e)
yeah i would not pay $60 for a pizza to be shipped to me no matter how good it is
we found this seafood place recently and want to order up some lahwbstahs
https://www.local130seafood.com/prod...-whole-lobster
not a bad price but still kind of spendy
i think jimmy.g is kind of broken all the time and he has not played a full season in a while...
/is this right?
kind of a lot for a part time starter
he always seems to get hurt for a fewe games out of each season but can ball out when he gets hot
i dont really know if i would trade for broken qb
i guess baker was hurt last year and instead of getting fixed he kept playing
i think the rams are on the verge of a slide but should still be competative and we will see how they manage their limited ability to bring in new players ( no draft picks0 for the next couple seasons
i would like to see them draft a lineman with their first pick (i think a #3rnder); you can find some good value at that position if you scout it out right
the bears are rebuilding and they play in the same division as gb so thats a tough place to win the division
what would you like to see in the draft?
i tihnk it was hawk who had problems with the bikers
ive been living the good life and just getting better
if not for the $6/gal gas prices i would say everything is peachy

Latest posts

Latest posts