What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tattoos

Rattrap

nice ink TBFY. so have u planed the next one yet? I bet you're thinking about it... Smokindog is right, its very addictive. I'm always looking at new ink i'd like to get.

G

Rattrap said:
nice ink TBFY. so have u planed the next one yet? I bet you're thinking about it... Smokindog is right, its very addictive. I'm always looking at new ink i'd like to get.

Yes I have another one picked out. But it will be sometime before I get it done. It will be a tiger head with the paws and claws wraped around my last name on my back. My last name is already there. Had that done last month. :lurk:

Mojave Dave

I am a retired tattoo artist with 31 years in the trade. You meet a lot of very decent folk when you are a tattoo artist. And there is a distinct difference between a "Tattooist" and a "Tattoo Artist". A good Tattooist is technically up to snuff but possesses no real talent for art. A Tattoo Artist is both technically sound and artistically talented. This is who you want to work on you.
Always ask to see the artists photo album of his work. If he doesn't have one go somewhere else. Any Tattoo Artist worth his salt will have at least one and will be proud to show off his work to you.
Never allow anyone with dirty fingernails to tattoo you. A proper Tattooist/Atist will have hands as clean a s a doctor's.
Never EVER let anyone tattoo you from their garage or bedroom. We cal these guys "scratchers" in the business. Ladies: be smart and place your smallish, tasteful tattoo in a discreet place where you can easily show it if you want to but the artwork is hidden from casual view.

And last but not least...DON'T PICK THE FREAKIN' SCABS!!!

G

Mojave Dave said:
I am a retired tattoo artist with 31 years in the trade. You meet a lot of very decent folk when you are a tattoo artist. And there is a distinct difference between a "Tattooist" and a "Tattoo Artist". A good Tattooist is technically up to snuff but possesses no real talent for art. A Tattoo Artist is both technically sound and artistically talented. This is who you want to work on you.
Always ask to see the artists photo album of his work. If he doesn't have one go somewhere else. Any Tattoo Artist worth his salt will have at least one and will be proud to show off his work to you.
Never allow anyone with dirty fingernails to tattoo you. A proper Tattooist/Atist will have hands as clean a s a doctor's.
Never EVER let anyone tattoo you from their garage or bedroom. We cal these guys "scratchers" in the business. Ladies: be smart and place your smallish, tasteful tattoo in a discreet place where you can easily show it if you want to but the artwork is hidden from casual view.

And last but not least...DON'T PICK THE FREAKIN' SCABS!!!

Thanks bro for the info. My guy is a tatoo artist. Has a very nice album showing his work and he wears sergical gloves when he tatoos someone. He is very professional at what he does and also will draw something special if you want him to. I gave him the rough drafts of the tats I wanted and he fixed them up to my likeing. And your right. "don't pick the scabs" and use A&d ointment to keep it moist until it's healed.

G

Tiger tat's

Tiger tat's

Does anyone have a good pic or drawing of a tigers head and claws?

kilacaLIbud

Mojave Dave said:
I am a retired tattoo artist with 31 years in the trade. You meet a lot of very decent folk when you are a tattoo artist. And there is a distinct difference between a "Tattooist" and a "Tattoo Artist". A good Tattooist is technically up to snuff but possesses no real talent for art. A Tattoo Artist is both technically sound and artistically talented. This is who QUOTE]

how can u be retired. tattoo artist?? i would like to see some of ur stuff

G

kilacaLIbud said:
i could draw one up for u.. what kind of style?? japanese"? or just reg ?
What i'd like to get is paws with claws on each side of my name with a tigers head showing his teeth in the center of my name but on top.Maybe I'll PM you and send you a pic sowing my tat of my last name. Would that give you a better idea? :chin:

Peace

I Used To Grow

I currently have 2 tattoos. One on each arm. I'm going to get a new one in honor of my nephew who was killed in Iraq. I think I'll get his name tattooed on my forearm.

G

I Used To Grow said:
I currently have 2 tattoos. One on each arm. I'm going to get a new one in honor of my nephew who was killed in Iraq. I think I'll get his name tattooed on my forearm.
Sorry to hear it bro. That would be a rightious tatoo.

Peace

G

Hello Ink Lovers. :wave:

There is a show on The Learning Channel about tattooing called Miami Ink. :woohoo: It airs on Tuesday nights. Please check your local cable company for the time and channel. Here is a link for those that want to visit TLCs web site.

Click Here

see ya there tonight.

love to all
annac

opening soon

G

Gotta love that Annac

Kat Von D baby!!!!!!! she's the shit when it comes to black and white portraits.

She is up here in Dallas one weekend a month, I have been thinkin of a pinup tatt from her.

I have a few but am a little wiggy about postin pics

I am a Kar Kulture kinda guy if that gives you an idea of what I might have. Ed "Big Daddy" Roth would have loved'm

Tex

I Used To Grow

that's a sweet ass tat sttb.

I've been thinking of getting 2 new tats actually..one of my nephew's name on my forearm and one of a Phoenix rising out of the ashes.

The whole Phoenix thing comes from my Astrological sign, Scorpio..they say Scorpios have the uncanny ability to rise from the ashes to make a new beginning. I also have my sign tattooed on my left arm..it's basically an M with a tail...kinda cool, but I got it at a young age.