What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

12/12 From Seed: A Different Way To Grow

munkie

Week 9 1/2

Week 9 1/2

Hey all, just wanted to update my 12/12 grow with some pics. This is week 9.5, Im thinking of starting a 2 week flush in the next day or two but Im not sure, any suggestions?

munkie

Yeah, did some LSTing in the first month or so.

Yep, 12/12 from seed! first 2 weeks under envirolites and then I upgraded to a 250hps.

Do you guys think 2 more weeks is long enough??
I checked the trichs, almost all cloudy, but didnt see any amber. (only looked at 2 plants though... in one section each)

G

i was definitely thinkin those girls were NOT 12/12 from seed(very bushy in comparison to hals)... excellent job

Lofty

hey munkie them r looking shu perb for 12/12, its really encouraging to c plants like that from seed, wat strain r they?

good job dude :yoinks:

G

Hey hal do you think the leaves may have retained a lot of the green due to the ocean forest soil. I think that you would be get better microbial activity rather than a soiless grow.

highonthechroni

C
Veteran
munkie said:
Hey all, just wanted to update my 12/12 grow with some pics. This is week 9.5, Im thinking of starting a 2 week flush in the next day or two but Im not sure, any suggestions?

High munkie, are you using organic or chemical nutrients?

Lofty

hey munkie, i dont want to fill up the thread with questions that shud b answered with the strain report but we're all impressed and hungry for info, how tall r they in that pic?

munkie

Bagseed, White Rhino, The Church by Munkie

Bagseed, White Rhino, The Church by Munkie

Hey Lofty, the tallest girl is probably a foot and a half from the top of the soil. Here is a pic I took last week, you can see the 12" ruler in the first pot.

highonthechroni Yes, Im using organic nutes, I decided to keep feeding this week and start the flush on Monday after speaking with a friend.

Ok, I procrastinated long enough, here is all the info!

1) your experience level...This is my second grow, started in October of '06

2) Lighting...First 2 weeks or so they were directly under a 125 watt envirolite (blue) I later upgraded to a 250 hps in a coolshade.

3) Container size...I have 6, 6.0 liter pots in my cab

4) Soil recipe/mix... I use BioBizz allmix, it says it already has 30% perlite, but I threw in more because it didnt look to be that much right out of the bag.

5) Watering schedule... I Water when the pots feel light and soil isnt moist. Late in flower I started watering every other day, but Im backing it down a bit as i think Im overwatering a little. Usually water until i see something come out the bottom.

6) Nutrients used... I just adjust the PH and throw in the recommended amount of Bio Flores from Biocanna (Living in the UK at the moment) Says 100% organic, pretty sure the soil is as well.

7) Time until sexing...Took about 3 weeks for some 4 for others.

8) Total flower time... So far its been 9.5 weeks, it looks like I will be harvesting at around 3 months. Keep in mind I did train and trim these alot, so Im sure I slowed their growth a bit.

9) Conclusion... I tried this method because at the time I had plants still in my cab that needed more flowering time and I wanted to get my next batch started. This time around I think Im going to veg for about 2 weeks before I flower. Id say if you have the time / space to veg, then do it, but if not then 12/12 works just fine!

10) Strains... 4 of the 6 plants are bagseed my friend gave me. The original stuff was potent and smelled really nice. 1 is White Rhino from Green House Seed Co. and the last is called "the Church" also from Green house seed co. Its said to be swiss sativa, skunk 1 and 2 and northern lights.

Last edited:

Lofty

nice grow munkie, it looks like they finished about 16-18" tall. y wud u veg, there must b something of an advantage or r u just guna experiment.

u've don a good job and i'm guna do som experiments myself this time. It'll b interesting to c the final report on yeild and quality. :respect:

ngakpa

Veteran
hi - afraid I don't have the time right now to read through all the preceding but will try later

on the subject of 12/12 from seed

I am reverting to growing this way exclusively, and devoting myself to finding strains which perform well this way

Malawi hybrids will perform fine IMHO

I have found they outyielded Dutch strains which had been vegged for 30 days plus in 7.5 litre buckets

e.g. the Triple Treat produced 2oz plus under 400W straight onto 12/12 from seed, started in 7.5 litres, up to 12 inch diameters asap

Malawi is just North of the equator and is nigh on year round 12/12 anyway to the best of my knowledge

I plan to experiment with the Columbian Red x Neville's Haze to see if this performs OK as the basis for more hybrids

I have some very vigorous Leda Malawi crosses here which had a few days of 14/12 in plastic cups (argh) before going into 7.5s under 400w 12/12 - they are already 1.5 - 2m and will yield 2 - 4oz each easily

when the day length is 12 plus Malawi hybrids can be given maybe 7 days veg that is enough

I would like to try this with as many equatorial sats as possible

cheers,

Namkha

Last edited:

chosen

Veteran
Nice info. I love the way this method sounds. 2-rooms 12/12 and no fluxuating power use. Hal & Atmosphere--
Thanks Again :headbange

H

Hal

Just a note to all y'all...I am going to devote one of the open post spots at the very beginning of this thread to Strain Reports, which will make them easier to access as a group. We should still lable our strain reports in the same fashion so that anyone wanting to type in the search box will get to the reports as well.

H

Hal

A question regarding CFL's....

Anyone ever bother to measure the light output of a brand new CFL to one that has, lets say, 900 hrs of use?

I'm wondering if part of the reason my recent harvest resulted in light airy buds was a diminished capacity of the CFL's that I was using....they were the same ones that I used on the previous grow.

G

i would have to say that they would deteriorate over time under usage the same as any bulb does...whether it has a major impact, a test needs to be done

got any plans for a new grow hal?

H

Hal

Hey rkrone...

Yup! Was initially planning on doing a 3 plant grow, with a variety of strains. Was going to sprout some seeds with the intention of getting 1 northern lights, 1 california orange bud (both from Nirvana seeds), and 1 called fruit bowl from sunshine seed co. Because of the shitty yield that I got from this last grow, though, I'm thinking about maybe growing 3 more northern lights since I already know that they yield pretty well with the CFL's. But I'm also thinking about replacing all the CFL bulbs with brand new ones, maybe adding a few more to the mix, and trying the 3 different strain grow.

I'll decide in the next couple of days. I wish I had the money to purchase a nice little 250 HPS set up for the next grow, but I can't swing it at the moment. When I make that purchase I'm definitely going to buy a digital...lumatek...so it won't be quite as cheap as the other 250's ya see elsewhere. Have to wait for the grow after this next one to get the HPS goin.

highonthechroni

C
Veteran
munkie said:
highonthechroni Yes, Im using organic nutes, I decided to keep feeding this week and start the flush on Monday after speaking with a friend

Good stuff, I was gonna say it's OK if you flush for 2 weeks, but that personally I'd go a bit longer. Cool :joint: