What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Please Help ! My distill is so stink but very clear !

Noperuiy

As the title said . This is my first run of fractional distill . I used the oil which run from rotovap vap first to seperate alcohol . Then i run it through fractional distill . The result come out quite clear and light yellow but it ... stink ? Any one experience with this problem ?
Your help is much appreciate !

From my understanding there could be many reasons, maybe you didn’t let the path ways clear for a bit before you started collecting thc, or you haven’t hit thc yet before you started collecting. Are you using a 3 port cow? If so?

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
What JJJ said. Either your vacuum level is not low enough or you are allowing the terpene fraction to mix with your thc. Also, if your material was sprayed with pesticides or other chemicals then perhaps these are making their way into thc fraction as well.

Noperuiy

Thanks , guy ! Im using 3 cows. Edward rv 5 vacuum so it should enough pressure . Im waiting for the controller coming .
Anyway , i think i switch the flask to early and thc contaminated .

Thanks , guy ! Im using 3 cows. Edward rv 5 vacuum so it should enough pressure . Im waiting for the controller coming .
Anyway , i think i switch the flask to early and thc contaminated .

Do you leave all the receiving flask on the 3 port cow during the whole process? That could be a problem since it could contaminate the 2 main receiving flask with the smell from the contaminates and if your leaving the receiving flask with the contaminates on while collecting the main body it could also be a problem.

Noperuiy

@jimmyJamieJames : yes ! I changed the flask when i saw it drip . But propably i may changed it too early before the thc hit . I may change it a bit later to see if it happen again . Do u have any hint when to change the flask .

If your change flask as soon as you see it drop then its most likely the problem as those compounds look like thc but isn't, just wait it out, if reaction stops a bit after you change flask then you most likely didn't hit thc yet, the thc fraction reaction should be constant till the end, take a lost on product if you have to just wait, but as Summit suggests you should be capping off the cow joints that aren't being use then once you collect all your contaminates remove that flask then cap off that joint then connect you main receiving flasks to the other joints

Noperuiy

@jimmyjames: I really appreciate your time for sharing here . It helps a lot . I will do it in next day or so .

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
As the title said . This is my first run of fractional distill . I used the oil which run from rotovap vap first to seperate alcohol . Then i run it through fractional distill . The result come out quite clear and light yellow but it ... stink ? Any one experience with this problem ?
Your help is much appreciate !

Sounds like you didn't distill off all the first fraction before switching.

Latest posts

Latest posts