What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Harvest time?

Michael49

First grow. My plants are only day 42 Flower but have had issues throughout flower and I suspect I will need to harvest early. Here are a few trichome shots. What do you think?

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
Depending on the strain, at least another week or two.
And you need to grow in a cleaner environment.Your buds have pubes.

MrBungle

Yes a another week or so...

It looks like your pets hang out around your plants or somethin?

If you have a soft paint brush you can knock some of it off before you harvest...

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Hairy... It's why I use HEPA filters I build myself. :)

Chopping at 5-15% amber has worked very well for me, for quite a few years now. Check the flowers themselves, the sugar leaves poking out will have higher amber counts. 1 amber in 20 trichs is 5%, 2 is 10% and 3 is 15%. After 15%, most cannabis gets sleepy and I prefer to stay awake for life. :)

Michael49

Hairy... It's why I use HEPA filters I build myself. :)

Chopping at 5-15% amber has worked very well for me, for quite a few years now. Check the flowers themselves, the sugar leaves poking out will have higher amber counts. 1 amber in 20 trichs is 5%, 2 is 10% and 3 is 15%. After 15%, most cannabis gets sleepy and I prefer to stay awake for life. :)

Thanks!!

thejact55

6 weeks or so is really short. As others said, check trichs on buds. Hairs can be misleading. It looks close to being done, but the fact alone that is just been over 6 weeks would be enough alone for me to keep her going another week or two.
Really nice looking plant though.
My plants get pubes from time to time. Fucking animals. Hair burns real easy when hit with a lighter though, lol fuck it.

Michael49

I harvested 2 out of 4 plants yesterday - Day 51 flower. Cloudy trichs with multiple amber ones. I'm going to give the other 2 another week or so - they look like they need more time.

This was the 2 plants after harvesting and trimming. This was my first grow and I had lots of issues with my plants (wasn't sure they were going to make it) so I'm happy with this....

picture.php