What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Brothers Grimm C99 and 630w CMH, in dwc!!!

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
you should have named this thread copper chem not C99.
I have C99s going now, the title head-fakes me every time.:biggrin:

They do look great though, great job.

When this thread started, I was chasing the pineapple fast blooming c99 pheno. Good call on the back row ruby :biggrin:. While my chosen c99 pheno isnt exactly pineapple, it's a tropical fruity goodness when fresh. Speaking of which the two c99 #3 in the veg tent are getting huge. The tangerine kush and orange glue aren't far behind. I'll be getting the c99 into the bloom tent today. They should take 7 to 8 weeks to finish bloom. The tangerine kush and orange glue will get an extra week in the veg tent. The hard part is figuring out which beans to start next. I've got to start the seeds to fill the aerotable next.

4 plant Undercurrent harvest results:
2.55 pounds (1159g)
1.65 grams per watt (700w de cmh)

I'm finally out of trim jail! This is my new record for a single light fixture. Crazy part is there is room for improvement. I'll post some more pics later.

Thanks sign! I try to keep this thread updated with the current goings on of my little garden. Speaking of which I got both c99s, tangerine kush, and orange glue into bloom in the undercurrent setup. It's going to be one fruity bloom on that side of the tent.

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
I do not have a rosin press. I do have a hammer style press for making hash pucks though.

You should get one. Best taste you can imagine especially with those strong fruity strains. I am trying to build a few different versions for some scaled up squishing but I am going to pick this one up to upgrade from the 5x5 one I have been using. If you have a press just get some heated plates but if you have to buy the hydraulics this one is hard to beat on specs and price wise. Gotta to have a compressor though.
http://www.rosinpower.com/extractor...pro-30-ton-complete-pressing-starter-kit.html

Last edited:
So here's how the new girls in the undercurrent side look! Right front and right rear are c99. Left front is tangerine kush. Left rear is orange glue.

picture.php

The canopies on the undercurrent side and aero side have filled out well enough. The aero side will probably be a little lighter than average. Not a big deal as the goal was pheno hunting a keeper ccf2. I've got a short pheno that has the density I was looking for. So with that said, I pollinated 2 branches on that pheno and onetall fluffy pheno as well. The tall one is a look alike of cc#4. So here is how the canopy looks now.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
4 plant Undercurrent harvest results:
2.55 pounds (1159g)
1.65 grams per watt (700w de cmh)

I'm finally out of trim jail! This is my new record for a single light fixture. Crazy part is there is room for improvement. I'll post some more pics later.
Those are some good looking plants, FF. :tiphat:

That 2.55 pounds is wet, right?

Those are some good looking plants, FF. :tiphat:

That 2.55 pounds is wet, right?

No, that's dry weight. Most of it dried to a crisp for blasting. 4 plant scrog with the right genetics can do a little better. I'm probably not going to be anywhere close to the last run weight wise. C99 isnt a heavy yeilder.

The heavy yield was a nice surprise. I'm still dialing in the setup. Every grow I try to learn a little more by trying new things or adjusting variables to see how it changes things. My goal is pretty simple. I want to grow happy plants from start to harvest. Sometimes that happens, sometimes there are issues that pop up.

Anyhow I've got more seeds I started yesterday. These will be the next plants going into the aerotable:

SG= strawberry glue (gg4×strawberry diesel). From dark horse genetics.

PK= purple kush. Hermie seeds from a buddy. These are super finicky plants that are mag whores in bloom. Very hermie prone, but are worth looking for a keeper. Original seed plant source unknown. Previous plants grown all look identical to Pakistani chitral kush.

Gdp= grandaddy purps. S1 seeds from a buddy. Originally from ken Estes gdp. Mother plant reeked of dirty gym socks and cheese.

Fiona= c99 #3(brothers grimm)×hulk smash #5(dark horse genetics). This is a feminized cross I made. First time growing a c99 cross, so this should be interesting. Each plant that was crossed with hulk smash has yeilded above average so far.

CH= copper hulk. This is an unfeminized cross I made. Copper chem #3 male (greenpoint seeds)× hulk smash #10 female (dark horse genetics.) Last copper hulk grown was a super yeilder that was short with donkey dick colas. Only downsides were she has very little by way of smell, and took 11 weeks to finish.The late bloom clones i took are not taking, so I'll pheno hunt for a similar or better plant. I believe I'll find the keeper I want.

picture.php

My first keeper cut, tangerine kush! She is starting to build buds. I'm seriously looking forward to how she turns out. The stems seem stronger this time. I wonder if it will be able to finish bloom without extra supports.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

greenjoe

I read this whole thread.....excellent work
And i agree on the smoke reports from your testers....
I am on my second run now with BG C99....and cloning this time around....i should be taking cuts in about 10 days....
Reason why i am doing another run is the first was top notch...
Both times are fem seeds....
Keep up your great work..

I read this whole thread.....excellent work
And i agree on the smoke reports from your testers....
I am on my second run now with BG C99....and cloning this time around....i should be taking cuts in about 10 days....
Reason why i am doing another run is the first was top notch...
Both times are fem seeds....
Keep up your great work..

Thanks for the compliment! I agree bg c99 is some top shelf stuff for multiple reasons. Post up some pics of your c99! How many days do your keeper cuts take to finish flowering? Any pineapple and/or purple phenos?

'Boogieman'

Lol, I keep clicking this every time I see it looking for C99. How did it turn out many say not like the original?

I never grew the original. From the research I have done, the new release is different from the original. Lots of people seeing purple coloring, me included. What is similar to the original is the fruity (sometimes pineapple) smell, structure, clear sativa high, and fast flowering time. Be warned some phenos smell like rotten fruit as well. I've got a permanent spot in my garden for my c99 bonsai mom. I have 2 c99 clones from Said mother currently in bloom. They are scrogged out in my undercurrent setup. I'll post up some more pics of them later.

greenjoe

I have 1 very indica looking .........i can't remember if i had 1 like this last time...
And frozenfire.....i had a pineapple, smelling one last run....but it tasted fruity floral.....with no pineapple taste ....