What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ulkokasvatus 2017

Janari

@rlsmooth

FD is still a strain under construction. It's not finished yet.

Therefore there will still be a couple of Auto's in a batch of seed, but the aim is to end up with exclusively fast flowering Earlies.

Plants that are on the above plot of mines and in Suomi-Prkl 's plot are all fast flowering Earlies.

The project was started in 2013.

Here is a piece of history that I copied from an other site:

How many generations away from the Finola are you? Does not work like that. > Because in open pollinations everything goes different as in manually pollinated 'one on one' breeding projects. And don't you worry about the Lowryder auto gene eating your share of earlies away if you inbreed this once or twice more? Yes. The auto gene sure appears like a pain in the ass, but practically in the field they don't seem to matter that much. > Because of very large numbers of seed being very densely sown on for my standards very large plots, True earlies will out compete the Auto's rite away and do remain to appear largely abundant still. Whole idea is based on a numbers game and patience.

If True Earlies would tend to rapidly disappear, then I will pull out some gear I still have laying around that's more Early dominant. There's never a problem really, just so long I can tap from large numbers and a large gene depot.

*Finola-X project* = Finola + Dieselryder + Aak + Pehku ruder = Fin DrAakPe = Finn Dragon Perkele.

(Draak means * Dragon * in Dutch language)

The Perkele only got there because of Bad Tickets & Suomi-Prkl's original efforts on the Aak x Pe. ^ ^

But that's all such a long time ago already, that now we can easily ditch the Perkele. Say Thanks with a capital T to BT and Suomi-Prkl for their efforts, and opt for only Finn-Dragon or FD... Unless strictly necessary... :)

Year 0. > Created 'Yo Momma' in a plot of several thousand Finola females and hand pollinated her with pollen from several dozens of my best Diesel Ryder males.
Used her seed on a 15 sq meter plot with 50% Diesel Ryder seed and 50% 'Yo Momma's seed, and selected for Auto's and Earlies.

'Yo momma'
View Image

Year 1. > Grew 1500+ Finola females, pollinated them with several hundreds of Diesel Ryder males.

Selected 3 best females for seed.
View Image

Year 2. > 50% Diesel Ryder seed + 50% original seed from 'yo Momma' + the True Early seed from her off spring, + the seed from the 3 Finola/Diesel fems from the year there after and sew em out on the 15 sq meter plot again. Open pollination. Selected for Auto's and Earlies.

Year 3. > Made a second Finola cross plot of 4 sq meter. Sew it in with above mentioned Finola crosses 'Auto and True Early gear' + Late Early AAK/PE. Open pollination. Selected for Auto's and Earlies.

Sew in the 15 sq meter plot with True Early Finola crosses + Late Early AAK/Pe exclusively and selected for Auto's and Earlies.

Year 4. This year, there were mostly Earlies so I did not have to bother with the Auto's.

Year 5. 2018. Suomi-Prkl is sitting on some FD x PehkuThyphoon seeds and is going to make them rock because weather will be 'like in sauna. ;) :D

And how it goes now sounds promising,We hope to get seeds in Estonia too then !! :woohoo:

Latest posts

Latest posts