Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Outdoors > Plant Farm 2016

Thread Title Search
Plant Farm 2016 Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-06-2016, 11:51 PM #1
plantingplants

plantingplants is just really niceplantingplants is just really niceplantingplants is just really niceplantingplants is just really niceplantingplants is just really niceplantingplants is just really niceplantingplants is just really niceplantingplants is just really niceplantingplants is just really niceplantingplants is just really niceplantingplants is just really nice
Plant Farm 2016

Hey everybody. I wanted to share my garden with you. I also wanted to thank everyone for all of their help. The advice I've received here and all of the small tips I've learned just poking around has seriously contributed to my garden and for that I'm really grateful.

So here are a few photos. Just to describe what's going on here, I originally planned on doing smart pots but due to time constraints (bobcat rental), unforeseen difficulties flipping 300 gallon pots with a bobcat (many of them ripped), and underestimating the size of 2.5 yard mounds, I ended up with rows with sort of offset mounds. Thanks again to everyone who contributed to my threads about my rows and spacing. I ripped out every other plant, but as you can see below, they're still too close!

Last year was my first year growing outdoors, and ever. I learned from a ruthlessly practical and cheap but effective grower.. So last year I did what I knew how to do and bought some cheap lightly amended soil and fed them Grow More from a swimming pool. I had trouble finding property and didn't get in the ground until mid-July and did pretty poorly. This year, I was inspired by Shcrews' garden and wanted to feel better about what I was doing and try to get the results I saw there, so I went organic and bought 40 yards of the modified Coots mix he uses. Here are the soil test results and the corresponding thread, fyi (shout out to leadsled for my soil analysis). So here I am, a full 180 from synthetic to organic and I feel better for it. Luckily I'm at the same spot so I got a good start this year but that didn't stop a rodent from killing $300 worth of Bodhi seedlings.

As far as strains, I have my standby, Green Crack, along with Bodhi's Blueberry Hashplant, Dream Beaver, Legend OG x Snow Lotus (very nice so far), and two rando freebies from Barney's Farm-- Blue Cheese and Cookies Kush. My ten pack of Sky Lotus was disappointing, unfortunately.

Green Cracks, with some Bodhi towards the end:

To the left of the above picture is this Blue Cheese (freebie that ended up doing really well. second largest.) under an 8 ft orchard ladder (thanks to everyone who helped in my ladder thread!):

Here's the same row as above from a drone (low res but still cool):

Muscovy ducklings snacking on some delicious Super Sour Diesel:

Stay tuned. I'll have more photos soon! ..and maybe even a video of a drone pruning my plants haha.
plantingplants is offline Quote

11 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-06-2016, 11:53 PM #2
plantingplants

plantingplants is just really niceplantingplants is just really niceplantingplants is just really niceplantingplants is just really niceplantingplants is just really niceplantingplants is just really niceplantingplants is just really niceplantingplants is just really niceplantingplants is just really niceplantingplants is just really niceplantingplants is just really nice
Mushrooms underneath a BBHP. The caps look like popped popcorn:

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-06-2016, 11:58 PM #3
who dat is
Cave Dweller

who dat is has a reputation beyond reputewho dat is has a reputation beyond reputewho dat is has a reputation beyond reputewho dat is has a reputation beyond reputewho dat is has a reputation beyond reputewho dat is has a reputation beyond reputewho dat is has a reputation beyond reputewho dat is has a reputation beyond reputewho dat is has a reputation beyond reputewho dat is has a reputation beyond reputewho dat is has a reputation beyond repute
who dat is has completed 16 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
Subbed. Glad to see you figured something out for the plant spacing. It's already looking much better. Do you have any plans for getting cages/support on them soon? They are going to need the inners and lowers cleaned up very soon and then support cages before they get much bigger. I'm excited to see how this one pans out, especially for the Green Crack and the Legend OG x Snow Lotus. I have plans on down the line to use Green Crack in a cross and I picked up a freebie pack of that cross from Bodhi as well. I haven't seen anybody grow it out yet so that will be interesting.

Instagram @whodatisco
Who grows Glue better than you. (current)
who dat is is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-06-2016, 11:59 PM #4
FoothillFarming
Banned

FoothillFarming is a splendid one to beholdFoothillFarming is a splendid one to beholdFoothillFarming is a splendid one to beholdFoothillFarming is a splendid one to beholdFoothillFarming is a splendid one to beholdFoothillFarming is a splendid one to beholdFoothillFarming is a splendid one to beholdFoothillFarming is a splendid one to beholdFoothillFarming is a splendid one to beholdFoothillFarming is a splendid one to beholdFoothillFarming is a splendid one to behold
Nice. Tagged. Plants look great!
FoothillFarming is offline Quote

Old 07-07-2016, 12:07 AM #5
_tessarecting

_tessarecting has a brilliant future_tessarecting has a brilliant future_tessarecting has a brilliant future_tessarecting has a brilliant future_tessarecting has a brilliant future_tessarecting has a brilliant future_tessarecting has a brilliant future_tessarecting has a brilliant future_tessarecting has a brilliant future_tessarecting has a brilliant future_tessarecting has a brilliant future
Plant Farm FTW

:

Old 07-07-2016, 12:10 AM #6
Stone House

Nice garden, I think you'll be glad you thinned them out.
Mine have been growing like crazy the last few days,Yours should be also I think the lower temps help.
You might be able to run netting/wire the entire length of each row on both sides instead of circling them.
Did you ever try to transplant any of the ones you thinned out?

Old 07-07-2016, 12:17 AM #7
theJointedOne

theJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant future
right on

theJointedOne is offline Quote

Old 07-07-2016, 10:10 AM #8
Biosynthesis

Biosynthesis is a name known to allBiosynthesis is a name known to allBiosynthesis is a name known to allBiosynthesis is a name known to allBiosynthesis is a name known to allBiosynthesis is a name known to allBiosynthesis is a name known to allBiosynthesis is a name known to allBiosynthesis is a name known to allBiosynthesis is a name known to allBiosynthesis is a name known to all
Very nice. I love your seedplants. Will be subbed for this one. Thank you for sharing.
Biosynthesis is offline Quote

Old 07-07-2016, 04:28 PM #9
plantingplants

Thanks everyone! I sprayed them with frass extract + micropak (5ml) + albion Ca (5g)/gal last night. They had micronutrients irrigated in a couple days ago (although some of them didn't dissolve and are sitting at the bottom of the pool? Mostly Mn I think). As far as IPM, all I've done is release Lacewings. I'll release more soon, and come flower, trich wasps. Coming up I'll be doing a drench with RootShield Plus and Spectrum Extra.

I'll get some photos up of the Bodhi's. In the meantime, here's a praying mantis hangin' out:

Quote:
Originally Posted by who dat is View Post
Do you have any plans for getting cages/support on them soon? They are going to need the inners and lowers cleaned up very soon and then support cages before they get much bigger. I'm excited to see how this one pans out, especially for the Green Crack and the Legend OG x Snow Lotus. I have plans on down the line to use Green Crack in a cross and I picked up a freebie pack of that cross from Bodhi as well. I haven't seen anybody grow it out yet so that will be interesting.

The Green Cracks are some of the best in there. They're from HSO. I'm looking forward to the LOGxSL (I read online it was possibly called Jade Dragon..), too. I took clones yesterday (which I'll be reversing and collecting pollen from. I'll be giving updates on the chucking experiment later.) and I can't tell if it just has massive pistils or it's actually starting to flower?? Two of them are doing that. I'm just going to ride it out if so.

Anyway, I'm pounding conduit today. I'm still trying to figure out exactly how to prune. I overdid it last year with lollipopping so this year I'm erring on the side of doing nothing at all. I'll definitely be training the ones that are already growing together though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone House View Post
You might be able to run netting/wire the entire length of each row on both sides instead of circling them.
Did you ever try to transplant any of the ones you thinned out?
I'm going to play it safe and box in each individual plant except for a few sets that are pretty close together. I did transplant a few big ones. They're still playing catch up unfortunately and haven't regained the vigor they had. It's ok though because the spacing was more important I think. Some plants are growing fast, some are growing kind of ok, and some are pretty sad.

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-07-2016, 04:46 PM #10
_tessarecting

_tessarecting has a brilliant future_tessarecting has a brilliant future_tessarecting has a brilliant future_tessarecting has a brilliant future_tessarecting has a brilliant future_tessarecting has a brilliant future_tessarecting has a brilliant future_tessarecting has a brilliant future_tessarecting has a brilliant future_tessarecting has a brilliant future_tessarecting has a brilliant future
Sweet shot...take a pic of what you think may be flowering...generally you see the tip start swelling where there should only be new leaf growth. If you got some doing it...perhaps stress from getting moved around