What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Female Seeds C99

I am really stoked about these! I love the clear headed energizing sativas and I hear this strain is top notch for that. Not to mention you can get pheno's that finish in under 60 days :)

DoDad

I am really stoked about these! I love the clear headed energizing sativas and I hear this strain is top notch for that. Not to mention you can get pheno's that finish in under 60 days :)https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=67078&pictureid=1593795View Image

Uh huh. Wait until you get a load of this stuff.

Veg for 30, flower for 60 and you'll do just fine.

There are plenty of reviews and some of them are dead ass on.

I find, no ceiling, no tolerance build up. Trippy, giggly buzz. Social weed, creative, Wake and Bake. I blaze and hit the 5 am gym without issue.

Hermie resistant, can be trained anyway you want. Good yielder and not too finicky about nutes, grows in anything and finishes under 40". Little to NO odor when growing and mine has little to no odor when I smoke it. Stealthy as hell!

I have been running it for a year now and am a HUGE fan.

These are my fs c99 clones getting ready for the flower tent as I type this.

Good luck and I hope they work out for you.

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 32

LostTribe

Premium user
Another C99 fan here and those pics dd has there look like the originals for sure! I never tried these but hear good things....

DoDad

BTW, I run my clones at 24/0, then when ready to flip I leave them in total darkness for 2-3 days then go 12/12.

What I found this time was when I opened up the tent after 3 days, the clones had pre-flowered.

I don't remember the pre-flowers last time but I do remember leaving them in the dark for a few days did speed up flower time.

Harvest time has been tricky. Last time I tried to let them go 10% amber but they never seemed to make it and finally stalled I think. I could have had light leaks or some other anomaly but the 10% amber rule still escapes me.

This last batch that I tried to let go amber gave me cottonmouth worse than the batch I chopped early. The trichromes were cloudy and curling but not amber.

I supercrop instead of topping and grow my plant close together. I let them tangle to hold each other up. They do fine lolloping as long as you don't remove too much at any one time.

Here are those same clones I posted earlier in this thread. They are now transplanted and happy in the flower tent. 2 months from today I will be looking to chop.

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 28

LostTribe

Premium user
BTW, I run my clones at 24/0, then when ready to flip I leave them in total darkness for 2-3 days then go 12/12.

What I found this time was when I opened up the tent after 3 days, the clones had pre-flowered.

I don't remember the pre-flowers last time but I do remember leaving them in the dark for a few days did speed up flower time.

Harvest time has been tricky. Last time I tried to let them go 10% amber but they never seemed to make it and finally stalled I think. I could have had light leaks or some other anomaly but the 10% amber rule still escapes me.

This last batch that I tried to let go amber gave me cottonmouth worse than the batch I chopped early. The trichromes were cloudy and curling but not amber.

I supercrop instead of topping and grow my plant close together. I let them tangle to hold each other up. They do fine lolloping as long as you don't remove too much at any one time.

Here are those same clones I posted earlier in this thread. They are now transplanted and happy in the flower tent. 2 months from today I will be looking to chop.

Those leaves totally remind me of GNo3 Cinderella for sure! I might have to grab a pack of these as this breeder is supposed to be the one that Gypsy commissioned for the the gno3 project! I do have 2 packs of new original C99 and just popped 6 though so if I don't find what I am looking for here those are my next choice.

FireIn.TheSky

I think Dutchgrown did the breeding for GN collection. Now that you've got Bro Grimm how could you need anything else.

DoDad

I might have to grab a pack of these as this breeder is supposed to be the one that Gypsy commissioned for the the gno3 project!

I don't know how these compare to Mosca's, Joey's or the original brother grimm but I do know I'm not the only one who's happy with the Female Seed version. It's hard to find anything to complain about.

I found shipping was stealthy, fast and costs were low as reported by others. 100% germ rates, 100% clone rates and being Hermie resistant, makes it an easy one to recommend.

LOW/NO odor, growing or smoking or drying, so if you savor the taste and smell of cannabis, this may not be one for you.

This strain is often mentioned in low odor growing threads and now I know why. True, it's low odor growing but what surprised me is how low odor it is when burned. Really, at no time does it reek with the typical smell of pot.

I'm growing a few plants at a time right now trying to build up a good amount for my long term personal medication so I can't comment on commercial viability.

I'm an older guy with health issues and live on social security. I can grow cannabis cheaper than I can buy it at my dispensary is the only reason I grow.

When you are over 65 I think you should be able to grow your own medicine as long as it doesn't infringe on the rights of others, just sayin'...

DoDad

I supercropped this morning and thought you guys might want to look. Supercropping kicks ass.

In a day or two, all these tops will turn towards the light and grow a dense hedge of flowers.

You can see here where the plants are starting to tangle. I grow all my plants as one organism and let the plants hold themselves up. I fold down tops that keep popping up or supercrop again. It's kind of like a SOG without the screen.

Supercropping allows you to keep canopy even and your lights close without slowing down growth like topping does. It does so much more than that so if you are interested, google for more.

I'll post back when the tops turn upwards.

Attachments

• IMG_1007.jpg
    IMG_1007.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1006.jpg
    IMG_1006.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 35

LostTribe

Premium user
I supercropped this morning and thought you guys might want to look. Supercropping kicks ass.

In a day or two, all these tops will turn towards the light and grow a dense hedge of flowers.

You can see here where the plants are starting to tangle. I grow all my plants as one organism and let the plants hold themselves up. I fold down tops that keep popping up or supercrop again. It's kind of like a SOG without the screen.

Supercropping allows you to keep canopy even and your lights close without slowing down growth like topping does. It does so much more than that so if you are interested, google for more.

I'll post back when the tops turn upwards.

Looks Classy Bro!

Right on DoDad :)
I'm a big fan of supercropping,though I have messed up a couple branches from breaking through the outside layer. But man when you do it right they explode with growth and you get shorter internode distance. Right now I have a Goji OG plant I scrogged in a 4x4 tent and it must have over 50 tops. I supercropped every branch in multiple places.

DoDad

Right on DoDad :)
I'm a big fan of supercropping,though I have messed up a couple branches from breaking through the outside layer.

Try a pair of needle nose pliers. Just a little pinch and those branches lay over without ever breaking a branch off. If you do break that outside layer and it's still attached, just use a piece of scotch tape to hold the stem together. If it's 10% attached, it will still grow and grow well.

Oh yea, supercropping rocks as you know. It's a Sea of Green with a lower plant count.

Another thing I learned. I clone from flowering tops or what some call monster cropping.

Essentially, you reveg the flowering tops in the clone room and when those clones reflower, they really explode in growth. There are other advantages too, like not having to keep Mothers and more.

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=monster+cropping

I do another little trick in the clone room. I encourage the clones to stretch so I can plant them deeper in the flowering pots in an attempt to build up roots from the bottom of the container to the top of the container. I grow in tall 1 gallon containers for that reason.

BTW, I don't recommend lollipopping FS c99 although you see here it works fine. I tried it both ways and find it better to only do a minimum amount of bottom cleanup is best because if you remove too much, it will stall growth and on a plant with a 60 day flower cycle, you don't want stalled growth rates. Popcorn vapes too and while it may not be a lot, it's better than stems or leaves and considerably better than nothing at all AND you don't slow down the growth of the rest of the plant.

Attachments

• aa5.jpg
    aa5.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 29
  • aw0.jpg
    aw0.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

DoDad

It's been 48 hours since I supercropped. The tops all turned up and now reaching for the light.

I measured these plants just now and they are 17" high from the top of the soil to the top of the canopy with many many tops. Too many to count actually. The growth is explosive.

Attachments

• IMG_1101.jpg
    IMG_1101.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1102.jpg
    IMG_1102.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 26

DoDad

I cloned today and might as well show that too.

I cloned 60 days out, that will give me a two week window to grow roots and 6 weeks of veg on these cuttings before they replace the ones that I just supercropped in this thread.

Cloning is easy with this c99. Take the cutting, cut at an angle and place in a Rapid Rooter. Keep 1/2" of PH'ed water in the bottom of a tray and place the tray under a couple of CFLs 24/0. I usually have 100% clone rates using this method.

In 14 days, I'll have roots, then I'll place them Perlite grow cups and give them full strength Maxibloom from day 15 until chop.

Here's a clone tip. I have 8 pots but grow 12 clones. Not all 12 will be super healthy so after the veg stage, I pick the strongest 8 plants that grew from the 12 clones and put those in the flower tent.

Attachments

• IMG_1104.jpg
    IMG_1104.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1105.jpg
    IMG_1105.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 22
Wow that's a nice canopy :)
Thanks for the heads up on lollipopping. I have heard good things about monster cropping!
Haven't seen it in action yet.
Here is a recent pic of my c99. Definitely different pheno's. The one with the bigger leaves on the left sprouted after the other one but has been growing faster. Wonder which pheno's they will be.

DoDad

Wonder which pheno's they will be.

I thought I might be able to tell one pheno from another by the way they grew but after I tested, I couldn't tell any difference in taste or buzz so I gave up. I took my clones from a mother with the thickest stems and the one that produced the most bud per plant.

For some reason, they still grow at different rates which I haven't figured out why. They are all clones from the same mother plant and are treated exactly the same but some still grow slightly different.

Supercropping with pliers works better for me than just pinching with my fingers. Not only do I think the plants grow better but I loose less tops from breaking them off.

All lollipopping did for me is grow more leaves. Trying to keep those bottom leaves off was nearly a full time job. I grew a LOT more leaves than Bud that run and it stalled the growth several times.

I tried a few different mediums and nutes and the best I found with the lowest level of effort, fastest growth, lowest cost while growing the most bud with the least amount of headaches was the Hempy / K.i.s.s method.

These two threads will teach you the Hempy Kiss method in case you didn't know. IMO, the Hempy Kiss is the easiest way to grow.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=98419

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=191645

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 17
Last edited: