What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Where do you get your seeds in AK?

SawdustGnome

Hey everyone, quick question. Where do you get your beans; local dispensery, online seed bank, freind? I want to try some new strains and have never ordered online. So far I have not seen any sold in the dispenseries we have in Fairbanks. Any help or suggestions would be welcomed.

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
Try Great Lakes Genetics. They have a decent web site and are located in Clio, Michigan so no worries about Customs stealing your order. Some of my orders from Europe over internet have been taken by Customs which makes me crazy. I have used GLG before and the whole thing worked well for me. Drag Boat Jeff up there is a good guy.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I’ve never used Drag Boats service but I can say that there are quite a few US based seed banks. A lot of them advert on insta.

wantaknow

ruger 500
Veteran
Search craigslist denver look for a cali area code, dude has solid genetics , his God bud is awesome, nice list too, prices can't be beat, shipping time in the states, 3 to 4 days

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
Canuk Seeds from our neighbors in Canada works well for me. Less than a week transit time and five orders without any problems.
European seeds took up to three weeks and one order (out of four) did not make it to me.
It never occurred to me to use American suppliers. I just do not trust American business folks to be honest.
Trickle down is not real, I know that but still have a deep wariness against America's business practices.

This is not politics, it is trust.

pumpkinpie eyes

Veteran
Canuk Seeds from our neighbors in Canada works well for me. Less than a week transit time and five orders without any problems.
European seeds took up to three weeks and one order (out of four) did not make it to me.
It never occurred to me to use American suppliers. I just do not trust American business folks to be honest.
Trickle down is not real, I know that but still have a deep wariness against America's business practices.

This is not politics, it is trust.

funny you don't trust USA sites. Dude, they outshine any euro sites and don't require hoop jump of cyber money. bought many from breeders indiv and on sites...can't go wrong.

SawdustGnome

Hey guys and gals, so I decided to go with Ocean Grown Seeds out of southern California. I placed my order and in two business days they arrived in my mailbox. Free shipping to AK. They take credit cards so no cyber currency bullshit. All their seeds cost $120 and are regular seeds. I got 12 beans in one pack. So far I'm 100% satisfied with my purchase. I haven't popped any yet but I'll check back in with an update.

moose eater

Hey everyone, quick question. Where do you get your beans; local dispensery, online seed bank, freind? I want to try some new strains and have never ordered online. So far I have not seen any sold in the dispenseries we have in Fairbanks. Any help or suggestions would be welcomed.

Mr. Rock-n-Roll off of College Rd in Fairbanks had some over-priced seed packs a few years back.

I've used JBSC (James Bean Seed Company), but not for a year or 2. Good folks, good stock, and lots of Bodhi stuff, too. Personal, prompt, affordable, and freebie deals.

They are also in the US, so no Customs inspectors. Just postal inspectors, but it's Christmas, they're overwhelmed, and I hear morale has been pretty low; all in your favor.

I assume they're still open and in business, but can't swear to it; no, I didn't check.