What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1Toke's DIY Tinkerer's lounge

ColoraDro

yes 1Toke very good to have thread like this...

i am looking to grow a few plants in soil without spending alot of cash on soil & ferts....

i have like 2 bags of scotts soil in the shed and a bottle of both iguana juice Grow/Bloom...

was wondering what else i would need or if that would even work...
just wanna try soil out and fill in a few empty spots i have in my room... :chin:

Here is a few pics of my monster plant i call "The Hulk"

These babies may be getting pulled wednesday... :woohoo:

enjoy and i cant wait to see update pics...

G

Wow awesome 1 toke I love the tour at the beginning! I wish I had a room like that of my own to store the ol' stoner accesories and set up a few cabs. In fact I think I see a pipe in one of the pics that I was interested in buying til I ran outta money :pointlaug . Anyways your other thread had some beautiful buds comin out of it so I can't wait to see what starts poppin outta this!

1TokeRedeux

:wave: BG - honored to see ya stop by! Long way to go with the sativas, so we gotta fill in with Swt#3, Sour Saver 1.5, Sour Saver 2, Cappucinno, Schrom and SAGE! :pointlaug

Hey Dro - lookin good bro! :joint:

Heya massholebmx - good to see ya. Thanks fer the kind words bro! :wave:

Be sure to check out the last post, to avoid duplicate text I inserted the pics when I got them uploaded. Continueing my rant.......

Let's see how the veg cab is doin....

The ECSD mom

Sour Savers

And the flower closet action:
Schrom mom

Sour Saver front & center, Cappucinno behind it, to the right and left front is the Sweet SAGE, behind them in the back corners are the Johnny Blaze x Swt#3

Continued.............

G

Outstanding job, I really love your setup. I've noticed that you work well for what you got. I really like what your doing with the Sativa. Your really working well with the space that you have. Outstanding job for sure Toke. Really love the closest that you have. Nice looking setup and looks to work well for you. I was wondering what your turn around rate was? What are you harvesting at? How many weeks for every harvest. I know with the different strains. It's alittle hard to nail down, but was wondering what your average was. Great job and great thread. Looking forward to the Sativa you got. Looks to yield well.
Take care,
BG

1TokeRedeux

:wave: Heya Jay! Beautiful mornin in the neighborhood. :pointlaug

Hey BG - the goal is a small plant every week or so. I screwed up the moms by gettin cuts off to so many so quick, but wanted everyone to have them in time for outdoor patches. So, decided the cured stash was big enough to be able to wait for the moms to reveg and recuperate a little. Took couple cuts of each, rooted them and popped them into the veg cabinet, the swt#3, SAGE and Schrom will come in long before the haze. So, the perpetual got interrupted a few weeks. ATM Schrom should be ready in a week, Sweet SAGE a couple weeks later, cappacinno and sour savers were just flipped.

The Sweet SAGE has stopped stretch and is about half-two thirds of about 70 days done, the Sweet Blaze has about 2 months left.

Yeild is harder to figure, have to go by curing jars and normally get a dozen quart mason jars of nugs each plant, cures to about 7-8 jars each. If I remember right flower room efficiency came in at about half a gram per watt with the SAGE, Swt#3, Trainwreck, Killer Queen and Sweet SAGE harvest. The goal is double that with the 1k light upgrade in the flower closet and 400w in the veg cabinet (assisted with two 100w MH + 150w HPS).

Flower closet: 1000W Veg cabinet: 750W Clone cabinet 320W floros

Total wattage for entire grow: 2070W

Average yeild: 225 grams

(Last harvest was 225 gms under 400W in the flower closet).

Have no idea what kind of yeild will come of the Cappucinno and Sour Savers, first time flowerin them. And when a strain busts loose with surprises the veg cabinet is pressed into service and flipped into flower, while the clone cabinet takes over veg duties.

Much more to come with rumors of silver haze and a hawaiian mom entering stage left soon. We'll have more goodies to sample as more growers are added to our local circle (7 atm) and strains are added to our stock.

See ya in chat! :woohoo:

ColoraDro

nice 1toke im really interested in the sour savers and the cappuchino or however u spell it :pointlaug

so expect a million questions from me about em :chin:

1TokeRedeux

:wave: Hey Dro - we'll see how they smoke, they look like good candidates fer the flavor of the week club.

MMM - hey bro, doin the best we can, they seem to be growin in spite of me! :wave:

Was gifted a nice cabinet pantry that I turned into a propogation cabinet, and promoted the old printer stand cabinet to the keeper of the stash.

Quick update, will get pics up later, playin with new pots and potting up all the clones right now.

The Michigan Growers' Co-Op :pointlaug met again last night and new candidates were added to the strain roster from the ganja gods.

First up is a choice Deepwreck male F2 for a breeding project with the Trainwreck mom.

Also a V.B.S. x Ak47 has taken a position in the veg cabinet, and a couple of her clones joined the DW in the cloner cabinet.

To finish off the cloner we got a Laughing Buddha x Super Skunk cut rooting. Some nice additions and interesting possibilities....

And the cuts saved from the fungacide disaster 2 cappucinnos

Let's check on the sativa closet

Yup, it's still there. :pointlaug

Veg cabinets #2 and #3

Continued...........

Last edited:

2buds

Hey 1toke,
Its amazing you get those thing to reveg looking like they do. Everytime I cut one back that much it just turns brown and dies. Tokster you got the green thumb man.
Maybe one day I can try out the trainwreck, it sounds like a great keeper.
So which name you going with man? Maybe DG could merge your galleries?
As usual the garden is looking good.
Peace

G

:wave: Heya 2buds! Never thought of mergin' the galleries if it could be done, but as 1TokeOverLine I can't access it either. :bat:

Thanks fer the kind words. Poor babies just grow, in spite of me! I have too many friends in need of these wonderful strains, took way too many cuts way too soon - and they keep comin back for more. :pointlaug

Dutch has done so much already, lets let her catch some beauty sleep (not that it's needed by any means!) and concentrate on takin care of Gypsy instead. Cheers! Gypsy, yer a lucky fella. :wave:

In memory of the old gallery, lest we forget - this spring harvest was promising :pointlaug

And lest we forget the SAGE

And of course the honored trainwreck

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
1Toke what a fine place to call home. All those baby's to take care of and all those strains to smoke,what a life enjoy the summer and

Thanks For Sharing
Mr.Wags

KingRalph

reveg mania! great stuff in here 1toke :) i'm to do that soon with the revegs also... have some cuts also from some early flowerin plants. last time after a full flowerin full plant reveg, took about a month to get lots of new growth back... have ya picked up any tricks for speeding up the reversal/regen process?

alrighty, tagged now that i've found ya! great glimpses of the garden man... an i always love your smoke room shots! always a multitude of pieces around hehe way ta be! take care toke

K

kokua

nice jobs on the reveg 1toke :) How long have they been reveging for now? Thanks for sharing :)

G

:wave: Heya Schneider - good to see ya stop by my humble digs. :wave:

Well, Trainwreck. First, nugs are so tight and sticky that you need to forget the grinder and use nips. The first toke is toxic, if you overdo inhale you're on a half hour coughing jag. Amazing expectorant quality, tokin this ain't fer the new smoker - accusations will be made that it's spiked with something.

When you can calm down and get a decent toke held in, the draw is strong menthol/incense taste and heavy. Your sinus and eye ducts immediately feel it, even before you exhale. Another toke and the flavor starts to take on shades of spices and you feel a brandy head rush. After the third toke you realize it's too late, yer baked and it's hard to keep your balance without a conscious effort. Stay on the couch or watch out for accidents.

The buzz is rock solid for a long time, and if you hit tolerance nothing will get you high. The flavor and experience are almost narcotic, easy to get hooked on it. Pleasant head buzz mixed with heavy muscle/nerve couchlock.

Our wreck is too potent for the missus, she prefers the mellower SAGE. The gem of this strain has to be the kief, the taste is the closest I've come to Lebanese Blonde in a long long time. Incredible toke that must be toked slowly and with care to fully enjoy this wonderful experience. I'm told by friends that when they shared the smoke they were treated like ganja gods and told it was seriously the best they've smoked in a long time - closest to old school they ever had. I tend to agree, this is top shelf personal stash and shared with honored friends.

Not the best, but up there somewhere until the holy grail comes along. A permanent and honored place in our grow. I'm thinking great things could happen with the deepwreck male F2 pollen.....

This pertains only to the arcata cut that I grew out and cloned many times over. It is clone only, everyone tries to make beans - I succeeded in germin 2 beans from my Sweet Tooth#3 x Trainwreck (Sweet Wreck - think someone out west did Texas Mystic?), what kind of name is that. :pointlaug

Anyway, mine damped off after successful germination and during rooting in soil-less mix. A bean was found in a couple branches that I gifted a friend, and he sprouted it and has returned it to me in a beer cup. So far it's lookin healthy and may just make it! :woohoo:

Wild growin plant - frost from the trunk all the way up the plant. One of the most stinkiest yet, finished at about 70 days with heavy tight dense nugs. The mom gave us about 3 quart mason curing jars. A little goes a long way, this is the smoke you keep setting down and forgetting, and every time you light it and toke the high seems to build on the last. I haven't noticed a ceiling and I've smoked myself silly with it. I'm sleeping before I can experience the next level...

Did I miss anything, fellas? I'm pretty bombed on kief. :woohoo:

Mr. GreenJeans, mrwags, KingRalph - always an honor to have ya visit. Thanks fer the kind words guys, we're doin the best we can with what we have. :joint:

KingRalph - kokua - 2-3 weeks seems to be average from cloner roots of flowerin cuts before normal leaves return. I've been experimenting and one theory was to chop nugs so the plant could devote more effort to reveg rather than finishing those nugs. Back to the drawing board, the only thing that seems to help the process along is transplant into moist peat after you've flipped back to less than 10 hours dark. I been using 18-6. I have noticed that most of the solid reveg branches poke out of those nugs that I would have chopped, starting out of the center of the nug and exploding after 2 nodes of reveg leaves and normal leaves pop out. Floros seem to work better than the HIDs at this point. I've burned tender reveg shoots of new growth under HIDs, but under floros they stay green and happy until the new growth hardens a little.

Subject to edit when I land. :woohoo:

Got pics tonight but after that long wind I'm beat. Time to get off to bed, I'll get pics up tomorrow and update.

Last edited:

Devilock

Man you mean i gotta wait even longer for pics. hahaha j/k dude. Love the spring harvest pics. That sage looks like a great yeilder. Can't wait to get some of that flowering. Keep up the great work. Peace and *bong* :friends:

G

:wave: Heya Dev - good to see ya postin again, not long until we get back into chat! :pointlaug

Sorry, got kinda baked last night and the kidneys decided they wanted to kick my ass with a little exteme back pain. Okay, where did we leave off - nothing spectacular happening yet, the Johnny Blaze is doin well fer sativa indoors, the Sweet SAGE is a disappointment (may chop those two and make room for the Sour Savers and couple cappacinnos).

Busy week, got new pots to test - 8" dia. and about 18" deep. Got everything repotted with fresh mix....

First up we have the Sweet Tooth #3 fully recovered from reveg and veggin nicely

And a Schrom in recovery

Think this is the ECSD mom recoverin, with a SAGE clone in front and center

Wreck reveg in front, ECSD clone behind it

ECSD clone

SAGE clones

Sweet Tooth clone

v.b.s. x ak47 from local ICer

and Sour Saver from same grower

That takes care of Veg Cabinet #1, moving on to the flower closet full of Johnny Blaze and Sweet SAGE

Front and center is cappacinno in the back and sour saver front and center

continued...............

Latest posts

Latest posts