What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kali China

chiesesganja

from purpl pro
different light

Attachments

• photo_2022-02-14_19-02-23 (2).jpg
    photo_2022-02-14_19-02-23 (2).jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 111
  • photo_2022-02-14_19-02-23.jpg
    photo_2022-02-14_19-02-23.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 117

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks a lot for your feedback chiesesganja :huggy: Kali China phenos like the one you posted in your last pics are usually my preference for selections in this line. Hope you are enjoying there!

user128

​ Hi everybody !

Last review from my 2021 run :dance013:

I popped 6 seeds of Kali China (2021 feminized stock) and got 100% germination rate. I keeped the best 4 looking plants after 2-3 weeks of grow and transplant them, at the same occasion, from 1 to 3 gallons buckets.

Growing was a bliss :biglaugh:​ Kali China is a nice, healthy, somehow indica-looking plant, with a sturdy structure, immense leaves, average inter-nodes and a reasonable height. Branches are strong, tight, and solidify very quickly ; I actually broke one of them while doing my usual "bending" routine but it recovered nicely.

Plants appearance changed drastically during the 2-3 last weeks of flowering, developing beautiful color patterns on both the leaves and flowers. While the smell didn't strike me that much during grow, I have to say it is an all different story after only 6 weeks of curing. Terpene profile of Kali China is absolutely unique and I can't remember experiencing anything even remotely close to it in 20+ years of smoking. I'm not really good at descriptions but I happily concur with ACE about the incense, spices, mango hints and - well, I know it sounds strange but it's kind of relevant actually - meaty taste. Overall, a real treat for the seasoned enthusiast.

Yield was in the low average, of mostly small, dense, resin-coated buds. I would advice to do some selection/cloning when possible because of some variability on the flowers production (going from 1x-2x range) and smell (1 of the 4 plants just didn't "get it").

The first reason I went for Kali China was because of the Kali Mist lineage, which I loved as a really peculiar weed when it comes to the high. I was more than satisfied with the result, that I found to be quite close to my original experience (or, at least, what I remembered of it) : a clear-headed, mellow but not blurry, relaxing, peaceful, contemplative high, free from fatigue and confusion, taking time away before you can even think about it.

Outstanding work ACE :good:

TLDR; vigorous but average yielding strain, with an outstanding terpene profile and a powerful but clear, contemplative high, bringing back vivid memories of the glorious Kali Mist :kiss:

Last edited:

Cactus Squatter

I don’t know if I’ve mentioned this before and currently I’m too lazy to go looking through this thread to see if I did make a post about this already. pretty sure I haven’t yet…

Kali China is something really special when it comes to Headspace and working very well with PTSD issues. I’ve noticed it with both the straight Kali China I’m holding as a mom, and the KC x Nepjam I have. It’s definitely a stronger effect with the straight KC though and I’m hoping it’s a strain effect and not just my pheno… gonna find out when I pop some more KC sometime in the near “who the heck knows when” timeframe. Dubi, you give us such an amazing library to work with its hard to circle back to things quickly, but these girls really have “it”.

I work a lot with post 9/11 Military Veterans helping them transition between war and life and have really found that the calming yet blissful effects of KC combined with its body relaxation effect really seem to put people into a good place to talk through things and opens them up to new ideas easier. It doesn’t fog up your head or cause confusion/misunderstandings like can happen with some smoke.
We do a lot of 1:1 sessions as well as group work and I’ve found the sessions with KC involved are usually way more productive. It has also been extremely good for a few former infantry guys I know to very quickly bring them back from the red whenever something triggers them. We’ve also seen a lot of great help with friends that have non combat related traumas stemming from physical/mental abuse as kids as well as from accidents or crazy life events.

I’m probably going to end up with a tent just for Kali China runs to help my close friends who don’t grow out with it more, but long term I’m also thinking of working with a local Doc and one of the local medical/commercial grow houses to do a run of this specifically for veterans in order to do a larger scale study with it.

With the Zamaldelica x Kalichina cross I have only shared 1 pheno of it with a friend and it didn’t help the same way at all. That pheno had a cloudier head to it and isn’t a talkative smoke. I didn’t keep that cut around and need to test my keeper cut of this cross to see if it helps at all in the same way.

Love the Kalichina. I’ll keep you all updated as I get into this project and see how different Phenos work out for different people.

Legalcdn

I don’t know if I’ve mentioned this before and currently I’m too lazy to go looking through this thread to see if I did make a post about this already. pretty sure I haven’t yet…

Kali China is something really special when it comes to Headspace and working very well with PTSD issues. I’ve noticed it with both the straight Kali China I’m holding as a mom, and the KC x Nepjam I have. It’s definitely a stronger effect with the straight KC though and I’m hoping it’s a strain effect and not just my pheno… gonna find out when I pop some more KC sometime in the near “who the heck knows when” timeframe. Dubi, you give us such an amazing library to work with its hard to circle back to things quickly, but these girls really have “it”.

I work a lot with post 9/11 Military Veterans helping them transition between war and life and have really found that the calming yet blissful effects of KC combined with its body relaxation effect really seem to put people into a good place to talk through things and opens them up to new ideas easier. It doesn’t fog up your head or cause confusion/misunderstandings like can happen with some smoke.
We do a lot of 1:1 sessions as well as group work and I’ve found the sessions with KC involved are usually way more productive. It has also been extremely good for a few former infantry guys I know to very quickly bring them back from the red whenever something triggers them. We’ve also seen a lot of great help with friends that have non combat related traumas stemming from physical/mental abuse as kids as well as from accidents or crazy life events.

I’m probably going to end up with a tent just for Kali China runs to help my close friends who don’t grow out with it more, but long term I’m also thinking of working with a local Doc and one of the local medical/commercial grow houses to do a run of this specifically for veterans in order to do a larger scale study with it.

With the Zamaldelica x Kalichina cross I have only shared 1 pheno of it with a friend and it didn’t help the same way at all. That pheno had a cloudier head to it and isn’t a talkative smoke. I didn’t keep that cut around and need to test my keeper cut of this cross to see if it helps at all in the same way.

Love the Kalichina. I’ll keep you all updated as I get into this project and see how different Phenos work out for different people.

That is some great info cactus squatter. I work with 911 services on the EMT side and people look for this type of strain.

Thank you. Happy spring.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hola user128 your feedback and description on your Kali China experience is much appreciated, i really like how well and accurate you put it in words. Glad you are satisfied with the personality, terpenes and effects of the pack you grew. As you said, it's not a big yielding strain, but (imo) it really has a gourmet quality to its terpenes and effects, and probably it's the inbred strain i feel more proud of when merely considering quality and personality over all the other traits.

Dear Cactus Squatter, thank you so much for your beautiful and tender report. That's the most beautiful part of breeding and spreading genetics: when the genetics can make such a strong, positive and meaningful impact on others, especially when others are having difficulties. When i've been struggling with bad psychological stages in life and and most THC cultivars made me feel worst, Kali China was the only THC strain that made me feel better and provided psychological relief. Its effect has a kindness and well-being to it that is very hard to find in other THC genetics. I understand how can it provide psychological relief to your patients with traumas, it's really difficult to put in words, thanks a lot for your post, much love!

Congrats on your harvest Snipp! Is C5 Haze x Kali China, right ?

Snipp

Hi dubi
it is a C5.
and I would not say the yield is small :).
the buds are sativa typo and fluffier.
an those are only the bigger buds. Same or more in smaller stuff ( will make haschisch out if that).

Attachments

• photo2124899.jpg
    photo2124899.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 150
  • photo2124901.jpg
    photo2124901.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 133

Tranquilidade

Kali china with the rough trim.

Aromas: Tangerines (mid flowering), mangos, cream, incense, floral and anise.

Smoke: Hits immediately straight to the head with powerful visual distortions. Very trippy and clear head at the same time. No negativity is attached to this strain and very unique on its own. After smoking various hybrids throughout my life, this one really stands out.

The second plant (I couldn't take the picture) was greener and slightly more sativa dominant with a bit less yield. It had an incense and grilled meat aroma profile, but I prefer the one above.

I have a question for @dubi, when crossing Kali china to other strains, which traits are usually dominant?

Attachments

• IMG_7025.jpg
    IMG_7025.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 183
Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Beautiful and accurate feedback on Kali China Tranquilidade thank you so much! ;)

It depends on what you choose to cross Kali China with. My favorite KC crosses are inbred pure sativa x Kali China (reversed). After studying many hybrids of this type (in for example Thai Chi and Haze x Kali China) i found that such F1 hybrids show the sativa qualities i like the most from the mother, but with much more tamed behaviour (shorter size, stretching and flowering time, improved resins, flower density, terpenes, cold resistance and indoor adaptability) while KC usually adds her very complex terpene profiles, more compact structure and kind and quality effects you describe.

paisajedehierba

I want to add a few pictures of a Kali China girl thriving outdoors. The transport to the outdoor location has caused a few damages on the leafes. She`s discovering good. I hope she develops the "rounder shape" discriped in the catalog.

Attachments

• 2022-05-23_Kali China_branching.JPG
    2022-05-23_Kali China_branching.JPG
    5.2 MB · Views: 85
  • 2022-05-23_Kali China.JPG
    2022-05-23_Kali China.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 87
  • 2022-05-23_Kali China_upper part of the plant.JPG
    2022-05-23_Kali China_upper part of the plant.JPG
    5.2 MB · Views: 80

paisajedehierba

Kali China
pictures taken 2022-06-19 before watering. Hot weather since many day. More and more Cicadas are visiting Kali China and are leaving their marks.

Attachments

• KC 2022-06-19 (2).JPG
    KC 2022-06-19 (2).JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 103
  • KC 2022-06-19 (3).JPG
    KC 2022-06-19 (3).JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 87
  • KC 2022-06-19.JPG
    KC 2022-06-19.JPG
    837.2 KB · Views: 94
  • P1380150.JPG
    P1380150.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 90

Tranquilidade

@dubi I'd like to ask two more questions about Kali china. I've been smoking it for a month, and it became my favorite out of 8 other vendor strains. Whenever I reach my gold cabinet, I want to smoke Kali china. What I like the most is the initial psychedelic wave which lasts 30 minutes and then fades away to a comfortable, clear head high. I wondered if it's possible to prolong that sensation by crossing with another psychedelic strain. I have noticed that you've crossed with Zamaldelica, Thai Chiang Mai, and C5 and wondered if the psychedelic properties were improved?

Another question I would like to ask is about the Kali china breeders pack. Are there any other effects besides classic Kali china high, and which subline is your personal favorite? Also, is there any chance to find more sativa dominant phenos, in terms of structure and high?

I really want to dig this hybrid further.

Last edited: