What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DON'T read if you've spent money on "Girl Scout Cookies"....

Team Microbe

Veteran
Word on the street is there's some questionable aspects to the real GSC. Things like where the cherry pie really came from, and why they never produced a seed stock from the original F1 stock???

Things just rub me the wrong way, it's coming off as a hype-strain with some shady roots rather than a respectable one. Anyone know anything about this? And why everyone's riding Berner's D?

oh and I love how we can't write out Girl Scout before the word Cookies... which brings up my next point of how this strain is tainting the water so-to-speak with this dominator-style, egotistical bullshit that has everyone arguing over whether or not their cookies are "real" or not. We should be spending time helping each other learn and grow this plant rather than whipping out the ruler and our cocks to compare! It makes me sick sometimes, how focused everyone is on this.

Let me hear your 2 cents everyone

Last edited:

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
yea fishy things going on, ive been following GSC from its inception and was lucky enough to know berner and some of his brokers, and saw all the first batches. there are secret questions that even those close to cookiefam are skeptical about. at first everyone was saying GSC was cherry pie x florida OG, it wasnt even called florida back then it was nicknamed another OG name.

GSC didnt come out for almost 2 years after cherry pie first came around, yet cookiefam claims they were both created at the same time.

theres also speculation that they lost their original thin mint cut and that forum, animal, platinum have kind of taken over. also speculation that OGKB is the closest to, if not THE original. but in order to protect their upcoming seed release, every single cut not held by them is called "bagseed"....even though their original cut is bagseed itself.

trying to keep this short, you will only be upset if you bought GS cookies from bcbuddepot or caliconnection. most of the other breeders are using forum which is at least close to real GSC and can be sold as real GSC in any market, regardless on what cookiefam says about the originals of forum cut.

people know where cherry pie comes from thats no secret, its SF bred but found its way up to mendocino where alot of guys started growing it, so some folks are mistaken in thinkin that CP comes from mendo. no idea why they didnt sell seeds, but i did some small breeding projects with CP and had hermies so scrapped the project. alot of GSC projects are also coming up hermie regardless of what male is used, not just with my tests but also with big names like rare dankness and gage green. RD told me he had 30 cookie cross testers hermie out of 200+ testers so he hasnt released them either. i also had around a 15% herm rate as well, some werent too bad, just pluck the pods and the end result looks fantastic.

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Fucking Cookies BLOWS....

BOGS SourBubble is BETTER. WAY better.

I tried 4 different Cookie samples at the cannabis cup - MEH - one was actually good - but ironically Cherry Pie was right next to it - and was 10x better. Wayyy more Kush-y...

Its sad how weed has turned into an ego thing now-a-days... Nothing is the best and all the Hype around certain strains is a clear give away on WHAT NOT TO GROW.

all my opinion

but i agree OP

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
its all subjective, ive grown many phenos of sour bubble as well as cherry pie and would have to disagree. the right gsc cut, especially animal or forum grown by the right grower is some of the prettiest and tastiest herb on the planet. alot of GSC samples i saw at the cup were bushloaded and artificially bulked up, also lots of fake or watered down hybrid cookie cuts out there.

cherry pie is a good strain but indoors its not as good as GSC, but outdoors cherry pie does better.

theres just too many factors with strains and grow techniques to claim that one is the absolute best, or worse. you may think GSC sucks but maybe you just saw bad samples and have a different palette.

wantaknow

ruger 500
Veteran
hermis from cali connect ,you must be kiddin ,here we go again ,white snake plain in the background ,

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
It wasn't like the cookies I picked up from a dispensary last year.

That was the cookies you described. very well said 215.

We can only hope there will be a world wide consensus one day - but till then its best to just smile and move on

BlackBuds

Im stealing this quote "white snake plain the background"....too fuckin funny.

A dispensary by me claims to get their supply from Berner. They have at least 10 cookie crosses and all the swag that Berner is peddling that says "cookies" on it. Also his Sherbert goes for 70 and eighth. A real 'I dont care giver'. Almost all of the crosses look and smell the same.
IMO hermi bagseed.

Team Microbe

Veteran
its all subjective, ive grown many phenos of sour bubble as well as cherry pie and would have to disagree. the right gsc cut, especially animal or forum grown by the right grower is some of the prettiest and tastiest herb on the planet. alot of GSC samples i saw at the cup were bushloaded and artificially bulked up, also lots of fake or watered down hybrid cookie cuts out there.

cherry pie is a good strain but indoors its not as good as GSC, but outdoors cherry pie does better.

theres just too many factors with strains and grow techniques to claim that one is the absolute best, or worse. you may think GSC sucks but maybe you just saw bad samples and have a different palette.

Wow great post up top man, thanks for stopping in to inform us all a little bit more about what's good with the cooks! Many valid points made...

I have to agree with you too, there are way too many factors in gardening to have an ego... and if you do it's out of sheer ignorance IMO lol

I'd love to smoke some real TLO GSC, it's a shame what some growers put in their flowers and expect it to just flush out at the end of flowering :/ we need to educate more people about organics and how counter-productive synthetics are! Be easy bud :tiphat:

SativaBreather

Veteran
Im stealing this quote "white snake plain the background"....too fuckin funny.

Also his Sherbert goes for 70 and eighth. A real 'I dont care giver'. Almost all of the crosses look and smell the same.
IMO hermi bagseed.

Sherbert? Can you tell me any more bout this strain? I ask because I am hunting for a pheno in Old Timer's Lot 5 that I called Fizzy Orange Sherbert. Its the only herb I have ever had that the flavour fizzes on your tongue - is this the case with this Sherbert?

forum, animal, platinum have kind of taken over.
OGKB is the closest to, if not THE original.
even though their original cut is bagseed itself.

most of the other breeders are using forum which is at least close to real GSC and can be sold as real GSC in any market,

alot of GSC projects are also coming up hermie regardless of what male is used, .
Agree with all of this.

From what I read the platinum is the best cut.
Followed by OGKB.
The Forum cut would be next.
Not sure about the animal.
Best meaning most resin, most yield and most potent. Anyone else have real world experience feel free to chime in.

If the original was because of a hermi, then it carries that gene in it's makeup and that is why you see hermi's in it's offspring. Similar to the hermi issue with blueberry.

BlackBuds

Sherbert? Can you tell me any more bout this strain? I ask because I am hunting for a pheno in Old Timer's Lot 5 that I called Fizzy Orange Sherbert. Its the only herb I have ever had that the flavour fizzes on your tongue - is this the case with this Sherbert?

Didnt get a fizzy sensation from it but it did remind me of orange sherbert with a little of the GSC scent to it. Smaller pine cone shaped buds. Bland high IMO, not as good as the GSC.

I have a Platinum x Cherry AK that is kickin my ass right now, a week into cure. No hermi

indabonga

Cannabis ****
Veteran
we need to educate more people about organics and how counter-productive synthetics are! Be easy bud :tiphat:
pfffff...i'm a bit bore about the organic myth: cannabis it's a fast plant..if u like the taste of the horse shit uses organic...if i want to feel the real taste of my weed i have to give just what she needs.

ThaCollieMann

gsc and cherry pie were created at same time from what I hear.... some Asian cats were growing the gdp and flo ridah og...when they through a new clone probably stolen..labeled f1 durb in the mix...being newbs and not knowing whats going on they hermed the durb onto the gdp and flo ridah...aka triangle kush....aka crippy ...anyways....the seeds off the gdp sparked cherry pie...the seeds off of the flo ridah the cookies....ogkb stands for ogkushbreath a member on these threads...its a cut he got from buying herb from a clinic in sf and found a seed...if im not mistaken...