What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

KC Brains?

Had a bunch of KC36 last year. I had about 3 different phenos, as usual with KC's gear. They were ready for harvest around mid October with little to no mold at all.
The nugs aren't the most dense but the smell after a few weeks of curing is very fruity/spicey. Potency is ok, kinda sativa leaning in my opinion.

I think KC's stuff is excellent for first time growers or people who like to select special phenos for clones.

The prettiest KC 36 I had last year, not a big yielder but stunning colors!

GreenMAX

Grown KC-33 out and Mango indoors.
KC-33 was monster even with late transplanting,nice sativa high,will grow her again.
Mango indoors was easy to grow,but high is to indica for me(matter of taste-I love sativas).
But all KC seeds are dirt cheap,and breed mainly for outdoor...
Nice colors on Mango indoor.
Yourtimehascome2013_zps79022d59.jpg

Koondense

Veteran
I'm checking KC33 and Leda Uno for me and a friend who seeks for good outdoor genetics(lost his strain to hemp pollination).
Will not buy from seedbanks, who knows how long their seeds stay on shelves and in what conditions...will get them directly from the man!

Biosynthesis

Veteran
Most folks say "who" if you mention his work. Not very popular although some of his strains have been around for well over 20 years. I bought TNR & MANGO ten yrs back. Didnt care for the MANGO so phased it out. I ended up running TNR Outdoors and Indoors for a few years. Does anyone know what TNR stands for? I suspect the T stands for Thai as it is a Thai cross. Very stable strain with great mold resistance.

I've been growing KC Brains for donkeys years now.
All his work is good, his seeds are priced fairly and all his plants yield big. I have not tried the female range but his regular seeds have always been top class.
A few other seed vendors could learn from him regarding work put into strains and price!
I would particuarly recommend his Leda Uno, Brains Choice and Mango, we still have a clone going of his mango from years ago.

KC Brains is a genuine Canna mate, cares about the plant!
:)

MOJO Bx

I used to run KC-36 and california orange both impressive grower's (done in dwc) but i was disappointed with the strength,But agree with the other's saying his beans are well priced and i should add everyone of them germed (around 30 of them)

festerous

Veteran
I think he lost a bunch of respect due to the "k.C.Brains seed fiasco" of 2004? I ordered several pack's of Leda Uno, and they were delayed so long that I ended up moving before they arrived.

Koondense

Veteran
Could anyone who grew KC's strains rank them by potency? I need a not too potent strain for an old friend(not couchlock) and LedaUno(or some other) for me:)

Also, did you get the beans from seedbanks or from KC himself? I will try to buy them directly, but there is no email or net-store. Don't have a fax machine and to phone is a weird option... Any tips?

MOJO Bx

His California special is a mellow nice evening smoke .I got mine from the Tude few years back.i would try his Mango if I was to run his gear again.

jessethestoner

care to explain the fiasco? massive delay or what?

Could anyone who grew KC's strains rank them by potency? I need a not too potent strain for an old friend(not couchlock) and LedaUno(or some other) for me:)

Also, did you get the beans from seedbanks or from KC himself? I will try to buy them directly, but there is no email or net-store. Don't have a fax machine and to phone is a weird option... Any tips?

yeah thats part of the reason i made the thread, his website is crazy outdated

Buddle

Veteran
He's been around for a while. It seems people either love him or not. Most of his stuff is bred for outdoors. I've seen lots of varied reports, some glowing, some not. He does have a pretty good following and his Mikado was known for being a big producer of quality disease resistant, tasty herb. Leda Uno was another popular strain. His prices are good, so it's not like you're out a ton of dough if you're not happy with the results.

I thought Mikado was a Federation strain? I think KC rocks for the price.Tons of hybrid vigor.I have only grown his Mango but one of my favorites was a cross of sensi star and leda uno.

festerous

Veteran
care to explain the fiasco? massive delay or what?

Went something like this.... alot of seeds were promised to be in route so A massive sale was announced. However, the promised amount of seeds never arrived, (some may have) creating lot's of angry customers. After claiming they were "in the mail", KC Brains went MIA for a bit and then refused to give them up. Or something to that effect

My memory is not what it used to be, but that is how I remember it.

Plant Whisperer
Veteran
Went something like this.... alot of seeds were promised to be in route so A massive sale was announced. However, the promised amount of seeds never arrived, (some may have) creating lot's of angry customers. After claiming they were "in the mail", KC Brains went MIA for a bit and then refused to give them up. Or something to that effect

I thought plural of mongoose was to blame for that? The seeds came and sat in a box was my understanding :ying:

festerous

Veteran
I thought plural of mongoose was to blame for that? The seeds came and sat in a box was my understanding :ying:

I had ordered the seeds about two months before moving to a extremely isolated area with the intentions of growing them at the new location. My account of the tale ends when I moved, by the time I had internet access again OG was gone.

Doobie Nyce

upsetting the setup
ICMag Donor
5 years ago, I grew out some leda uno f2's.... selected one female in veg and put her outside.. Great vigor, early finish, and UNREAL grape juice flavor! Now I'm thinking about snagging another pack...

G

GoodyTwoShoes

Originally Posted by festerous View Post

I thought plural of mongoose was to blame for that? The seeds came and sat in a box was my understanding

From what I remember the other Dutch breeders were telling Kc that he was selling his seeds too cheaply, and should charge more.
So I think he asked Gypsy for more money for the seeds and Gypsy wouldn't pay more, so KC wouldn't send the seeds till Gypsy agreed to pay him some more money.
And then Gypsy said he would never stock his seeds again.
That's what I remember happening, although I didn't pay a great deal of attention to it at the time.

Koondense

Veteran
I gotta get some seeds and would really appreciate suggestions.

Undecided between KC Brains 33,LedaUno and Mandala#1... which would you prefer to grow outdoors?