What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bubba Kush

highroller614

I grew out a Green House Seeds Bubba Kush last year outdoor. Maybe it was a bad bean or something because I got about as high as hemp rope would of got me. I would love to grow some of these prized clones your speaking on. Not sure I'm sold on S1 genetics. If there is a good S1 could someone steer me in the right direction.......Thanks.

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I grew out a Green House Seeds Bubba Kush last year outdoor. Maybe it was a bad bean or something because I got about as high as hemp rope would of got me. I would love to grow some of these prized clones your speaking on. Not sure I'm sold on S1 genetics. If there is a good S1 could someone steer me in the right direction.......Thanks.

Try Peyote Purple :)

BennyBlanco

Can It All Be So Simple!
Veteran
Yeah I was going to metion peyote purple .... Whenever I try to buy sum beans there always out though

I've only worked with the pre98, it's incredibly tasty smoke. Very complex... kushy, coffee, earthy, spicy, patchouli, etc are all in there... Right now I'm flowering out some plants from a cross a friend and I made with some nl5xhaze males (mr nice seed co.) and the bubba, hoping for good things.

Bubba:

picture.php

picture.php

wow nice awesome buds

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Great thread, I've just got the pre 98 Bubba cut too verdant. I put her into flower yesterday with lot of other stuff. Gonna be a wild Christmas ;)

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
so what do folks think about the genetics/origins of the bubba kush?

ive heard that its bubbblegum x og kush but tbh i find that hard to believe as both of those are hybrids and the bubba kush looks like a pure indica to me - the horseshoe shape where the leaf fingers meet is a trait ive only seen in Deep Chunk and Herijuana - both of which are pure indica. (i could believe that OG kush was bubba crossed to something else but thats just impotent speculation on my part)

the other story ive heard is that it was an old northern lights crossed with a pure kush which i find it easier to believe...

but im no expert so anyone know??

draztik

Veteran
Go to you tube and type in The History of Bubba Kush. There's an interview with some dude claiming he created the buku.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah i saw that - hes the one who says he had the cut (just) 'bubba' that got crossed to an old kush that hermied creating the bubba kush - plausible but who knows.

if i were to take a guess i would put my money on it being an outstanding pheno from an old kush / ghani line. it looks like a pure breed to me - not a huge amount of vigor and it doesnt stretch that much. also it reportedly breeds pretty true...

fabvariousk

Veteran
so what do folks think about the genetics/origins of the bubba kush?

ive heard that its bubbblegum x og kush but tbh i find that hard to believe as both of those are hybrids and the bubba kush looks like a pure indica to me - the horseshoe shape where the leaf fingers meet is a trait ive only seen in Deep Chunk and Herijuana - both of which are pure indica. (i could believe that OG kush was bubba crossed to something else but thats just impotent speculation on my part)

the other story ive heard is that it was an old northern lights crossed with a pure kush which i find it easier to believe...

but im no expert so anyone know??

:deadhorse

and the nine pages of arguments over the origin of og kush begins!!!
I was enjoying the pics of the Bubba but fighting over answers no one knows (for the millionth time) is cool as well.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
well lets not pre-empt and argument before it's happened. i just asked out of curiosity. im sure people will play nice in my thread - at least i hope so.

VG

smokefrogg

Veteran
...oh boy, i was gifted a nice bubba kush clone, we have no idea if it's pre98, katsu, something entirely different, i have smoked the finished product before and it was awesome, lots of good info in this thread, can't wait till it gets bigger and flowers fully so maybe i can figure out wtf kind of bubba it is haha

lipsmcgee

How does BOG's Sour bubble compare to the pre 98 bubba to all those whom have tried both?

DD

I was wondering when someone would bring up Sour Bubble. I've had a couple of phenos that really have that have the look and smell associated with the Bubba. There's a few threads in BOG's forums where people seem to liken some of the phenos of Sour Bubble to the Bubbs. I, unfortunately, have not had a true Bubba in my garden so I couldn't say how close Sour Bubble is to Bubba Kush. Maybe someone who has grown and smoked both will show up here to give a better perspective.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
From what I know...there are old timers that KNOW what Bubba Kush is, but they sure aren't telling. What I have been told and can verify, the mother of LA Confidential, was the same mother to Bubba Kush...fwiw...no clue on the male.

dank.Frank