Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Grow Diaries > Side by Side Grow Experiments > Spider Farmer SF4000 vs 2 Mars Hydro SP250s

Thread Title Search
Spider Farmer SF4000 vs 2 Mars Hydro SP250s Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-28-2020, 10:24 AM #111
wvkindbud38
Elite Growers Club

wvkindbud38 has a reputation beyond reputewvkindbud38 has a reputation beyond reputewvkindbud38 has a reputation beyond reputewvkindbud38 has a reputation beyond reputewvkindbud38 has a reputation beyond reputewvkindbud38 has a reputation beyond reputewvkindbud38 has a reputation beyond reputewvkindbud38 has a reputation beyond reputewvkindbud38 has a reputation beyond reputewvkindbud38 has a reputation beyond reputewvkindbud38 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars Hydro Led View Post
Maybe because we add uv and more red chips?
Mars Hydro has a lot of smart people making there lights. It's hard to not buy one since I already like the SP 250s. But I need the best light and deal I can find. I don't have a lot of money but try to put it in the garden!!!
wvkindbud38 is offline Quote

Old 06-28-2020, 02:02 PM #112
Sunshineinabag

Sunshineinabag has a reputation beyond reputeSunshineinabag has a reputation beyond reputeSunshineinabag has a reputation beyond reputeSunshineinabag has a reputation beyond reputeSunshineinabag has a reputation beyond reputeSunshineinabag has a reputation beyond reputeSunshineinabag has a reputation beyond reputeSunshineinabag has a reputation beyond reputeSunshineinabag has a reputation beyond reputeSunshineinabag has a reputation beyond reputeSunshineinabag has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by GET MO View Post
This next text is a copy paste from my ig, I got to writing and felt this should be shared here too, or really here more than there but i typed it there first so whatever. Lol.

Closer look at some trichomes on sp250 side..

View Image

I noticed the trichomes on the sp250 side get a lil mo amber a lil earlier than under the sf4000. I think this 2 has to do with the uvb in the sp250s. My educated guess from this side by side is that the sf4000 will yield more and the sp250s will be slightly higher quality. The addition of the uvb makes for slighly more resin, but since we have both sides on equal wattage the percent of the light that is uvb is the same percent more that the sf4000 side will be putting into bulk. While substituting a lil quality for quantity may seem like the way to go, my research tells me that uvb isnt needed for the whole flowering cycle or whole lights on, so it might be more efficient to get separate uvb bulbs to run for 2 hour intervals during only the last 2 weeks of flower and produce higher quality without loosing quantity. Of course this takes away from the ease of a single light producing these results, if I were a light manufacturer I would try to come up with uvb diodes with independent controller/timer that can be switched on only during the needed time to save power and produce optimum results. That said both these lights are doin better than I thought and I dont see myself ever going back to hps lighting. .

Anyway thats my 7 week assessment, will see how this finishes out, they are on a diet of bat guano n a lil chitosan for for the next week then a week of straight water.

Heres a good thread on some uvb, a lot of bs in it too and opinions but some good info too for anyone interested.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=260046&page=6

N heres a lil side by side with the lights off...

View Image

View Image
curing in jars works

Old 06-28-2020, 05:48 PM #113
PetFlora

PetFlora has a reputation beyond reputePetFlora has a reputation beyond reputePetFlora has a reputation beyond reputePetFlora has a reputation beyond reputePetFlora has a reputation beyond reputePetFlora has a reputation beyond reputePetFlora has a reputation beyond reputePetFlora has a reputation beyond reputePetFlora has a reputation beyond reputePetFlora has a reputation beyond reputePetFlora has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvkindbud38 View Post
Mars Hydro has a lot of smart people making there lights. It's hard to not buy one since I already like the SP 250s. But I need the best light and deal I can find. I don't have a lot of money but try to put it in the garden!!!

Mars and Smart people is an oxymoron, unless you mean they have been smart enough to sell lots of crap lights to unsuspecting/ignorant customers

Example of how smart they are NOT: They are using what is essentially a baking pan (useless sides) as almost 100% of leds fire directly at the canopy, what little light that spreads beyond the perimeter edges is inconsequential

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=329619

Just because you weren't taught something doesn't mean it's not true, and vice versa
PetFlora is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-28-2020, 09:27 PM #114
Crowmax

Crowmax is a name known to allCrowmax is a name known to allCrowmax is a name known to allCrowmax is a name known to allCrowmax is a name known to allCrowmax is a name known to allCrowmax is a name known to allCrowmax is a name known to allCrowmax is a name known to allCrowmax is a name known to allCrowmax is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by GET MO View Post
This next text is a copy paste from my ig, I got to writing and felt this should be shared here too, or really here more than there but i typed it there first so whatever. Lol.

Closer look at some trichomes on sp250 side..

View Image

I noticed the trichomes on the sp250 side get a lil mo amber a lil earlier than under the sf4000. I think this 2 has to do with the uvb in the sp250s. My educated guess from this side by side is that the sf4000 will yield more and the sp250s will be slightly higher quality. The addition of the uvb makes for slighly more resin, but since we have both sides on equal wattage the percent of the light that is uvb is the same percent more that the sf4000 side will be putting into bulk. While substituting a lil quality for quantity may seem like the way to go, my research tells me that uvb isnt needed for the whole flowering cycle or whole lights on, so it might be more efficient to get separate uvb bulbs to run for 2 hour intervals during only the last 2 weeks of flower and produce higher quality without loosing quantity. Of course this takes away from the ease of a single light producing these results, if I were a light manufacturer I would try to come up with uvb diodes with independent controller/timer that can be switched on only during the needed time to save power and produce optimum results. That said both these lights are doin better than I thought and I dont see myself ever going back to hps lighting. .

Anyway thats my 7 week assessment, will see how this finishes out, they are on a diet of bat guano n a lil chitosan for for the next week then a week of straight water.

Heres a good thread on some uvb, a lot of bs in it too and opinions but some good info too for anyone interested.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=260046&page=6

N heres a lil side by side with the lights off...

View Image

View Image

Both sides looking great GET MO, hard to tell which one i prefer so far!

What lens did you use for that nice macro shot?
Crowmax is offline Quote

Old 06-29-2020, 12:38 AM #115
GET MO
Registered Med User

GET MO is a survivorGET MO is a survivorGET MO is a survivorGET MO is a survivorGET MO is a survivorGET MO is a survivorGET MO is a survivorGET MO is a survivorGET MO is a survivorGET MO is a survivorGET MO is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowmax View Post
Both sides looking great GET MO, hard to tell which one i prefer so far!

What lens did you use for that nice macro shot?
Thanks! That was with a nikon 105mm macro. Most the wide shots been with a tamron 15-30mm g2.
GET MO is offline Quote

Old 06-29-2020, 01:10 PM #116
wvkindbud38
Elite Growers Club

wvkindbud38 has a reputation beyond reputewvkindbud38 has a reputation beyond reputewvkindbud38 has a reputation beyond reputewvkindbud38 has a reputation beyond reputewvkindbud38 has a reputation beyond reputewvkindbud38 has a reputation beyond reputewvkindbud38 has a reputation beyond reputewvkindbud38 has a reputation beyond reputewvkindbud38 has a reputation beyond reputewvkindbud38 has a reputation beyond reputewvkindbud38 has a reputation beyond repute
Oh shit this SP 3000 is gonna be what I'm saving for. Hopefully in a month or so I'm gonna treat myself for my birthday. I thought they were talking about the TS 3000. But Mars Hydro has this new SP 3000 I've gotta get

WV's this and that!!! on going flowering thread
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=368874

Mars-Hydro SP 250 grow just finished!!!!!....back going!!!!
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=362317

Silverbacks complete threads
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=299104

My Albums
https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?u=65286

TerraBloom
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...QaZKmHQ57WSI9K

www. mikrobs.com

https://microbialapplications.myshop...ollections/all
wvkindbud38 is offline Quote

Old 06-29-2020, 01:30 PM #117
THC123

THC123 has a brilliant futureTHC123 has a brilliant futureTHC123 has a brilliant futureTHC123 has a brilliant futureTHC123 has a brilliant futureTHC123 has a brilliant futureTHC123 has a brilliant futureTHC123 has a brilliant futureTHC123 has a brilliant futureTHC123 has a brilliant futureTHC123 has a brilliant future
Yeah I am also getting 2x SP3000/ Main reason is the addition of extra red and blue, which I already had been doing with my sf4000 because for some reason my plants freak out if i don't supplement with red and blue. The yellowing and light stress goes away with extra red and blue. And of course cool that it also includes uv.

Quote:
Mars and Smart people is an oxymoron, unless you mean they have been smart enough to sell lots of crap lights to unsuspecting/ignorant customers
Well then i guess it's not only Mars that sells crap to ignorant customers ey???? Mr Snakeoil salesman!!

(if you want to react send me a pm lets not pollute this thread, I am talking about your snakeoil for pets which I was so foolish to buy).
THC123 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-30-2020, 07:40 AM #118
GET MO
Registered Med User

GET MO is a survivorGET MO is a survivorGET MO is a survivorGET MO is a survivorGET MO is a survivorGET MO is a survivorGET MO is a survivorGET MO is a survivorGET MO is a survivorGET MO is a survivorGET MO is a survivor
A couple lights out camera phone pics, bout a week n few days left to go.

Cremé de la Blue

Vibranium

Sometime in the near future I wanna get a 40ft storage container and turn it into a grow. Was thinking 10 2x4 tables for flower, 4 for veg, and an entryway for nutrients and maybe reservoirs. Was thinkin 10 sp3000s would the way to go for the flower portion, thatd be 3000w flower, could prolly harvest a good 6 lbs a run.
Anyway heres a lil concept visualization...

Wuts yall thoughts?
GET MO is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-30-2020, 09:41 AM #119
Mars Hydro Led
Garden Partner

Mars Hydro Led is a survivorMars Hydro Led is a survivorMars Hydro Led is a survivorMars Hydro Led is a survivorMars Hydro Led is a survivorMars Hydro Led is a survivorMars Hydro Led is a survivorMars Hydro Led is a survivorMars Hydro Led is a survivorMars Hydro Led is a survivorMars Hydro Led is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvkindbud38 View Post
Oh shit this SP 3000 is gonna be what I'm saving for. Hopefully in a month or so I'm gonna treat myself for my birthday. I thought they were talking about the TS 3000. But Mars Hydro has this new SP 3000 I've gotta get
that will be a very nice birthday gift.

New Arrival SP3000 video.

Grow Diaries:
SP 250 test/grow
TS1000 test/grow
Unclefishstick's Journal!
GMT tested TSL2000
TSW-2000 test/grow
BlackBerry kush with TS1000

Welcome to talk with me here
Worldwide stock in US, UK, EU, AU, Canada

Mars Hydro Led is online now Quote

Old 06-30-2020, 09:42 AM #120
Mars Hydro Led
Garden Partner

Mars Hydro Led is a survivorMars Hydro Led is a survivorMars Hydro Led is a survivorMars Hydro Led is a survivorMars Hydro Led is a survivorMars Hydro Led is a survivorMars Hydro Led is a survivorMars Hydro Led is a survivorMars Hydro Led is a survivorMars Hydro Led is a survivorMars Hydro Led is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by THC123 View Post
Yeah I am also getting 2x SP3000/ Main reason is the addition of extra red and blue, which I already had been doing with my sf4000 because for some reason my plants freak out if i don't supplement with red and blue. The yellowing and light stress goes away with extra red and blue. And of course cool that it also includes uv.

Well then i guess it's not only Mars that sells crap to ignorant customers ey???? Mr Snakeoil salesman!!

(if you want to react send me a pm lets not pollute this thread, I am talking about your snakeoil for pets which I was so foolish to buy).

SP3000 sold out in two days. You can preorder on our site.

New Arrival SP3000 video.

Grow Diaries:
SP 250 test/grow
TS1000 test/grow
Unclefishstick's Journal!
GMT tested TSL2000
TSW-2000 test/grow
BlackBerry kush with TS1000

Welcome to talk with me here
Worldwide stock in US, UK, EU, AU, Canada

Mars Hydro Led is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.