Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Vertical / Colosseum Growing > The Compound...

Thread Title Search
The Compound... Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-27-2020, 12:55 PM #411
swapmeet

swapmeet is a glorious beacon of lightswapmeet is a glorious beacon of lightswapmeet is a glorious beacon of lightswapmeet is a glorious beacon of lightswapmeet is a glorious beacon of lightswapmeet is a glorious beacon of lightswapmeet is a glorious beacon of lightswapmeet is a glorious beacon of lightswapmeet is a glorious beacon of lightswapmeet is a glorious beacon of lightswapmeet is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by BYF View Post
So would you do more larger plants to get the 2 lbs yield like the thread you mentioned or more smaller plants.

Best of luck on your investments
The overall goal would be to do larger plants... A bit larger even than the biggest of these.... you really need to veg them vertically for a couple weeks, then in donut formation for a week or so... Then Flower with stacked bulbs....maybe with the stacked bulbs, the plants will need to be far enough away to fit 12-16 buckets in a tight circle around the bulbs...

It would fit inside a 4'x4' square, making the plants around 16-20" away from the bulbs (depending on their inward lean.

So you veg vertically to get that height and node stacking, then let them bush out for 7-14 days in donut formation before flipping...then they will continue through the stretch period... That will produce some crazy bushes that will have big-ass colas all over them.

Stay tuned because that is how I am setting up part of my flower room at the new place.... With the racks going on in the other part...

How many of those donuts/racks there are will depend on my investments... whether its production or personal use.

Swap

Welcome To The Compound
swapmeet is offline Quote

Old 06-27-2020, 02:56 PM #412
BYF

BYF is a glorious beacon of lightBYF is a glorious beacon of lightBYF is a glorious beacon of lightBYF is a glorious beacon of lightBYF is a glorious beacon of lightBYF is a glorious beacon of lightBYF is a glorious beacon of lightBYF is a glorious beacon of lightBYF is a glorious beacon of lightBYF is a glorious beacon of lightBYF is a glorious beacon of light
What’s the difference between a donut and a rack?

Is a rack just some metal shelving you put around the lights in a square ? Like the old “Stadium”
BYF is offline Quote

Old 06-27-2020, 03:21 PM #413
swapmeet

swapmeet is a glorious beacon of lightswapmeet is a glorious beacon of lightswapmeet is a glorious beacon of lightswapmeet is a glorious beacon of lightswapmeet is a glorious beacon of lightswapmeet is a glorious beacon of lightswapmeet is a glorious beacon of lightswapmeet is a glorious beacon of lightswapmeet is a glorious beacon of lightswapmeet is a glorious beacon of lightswapmeet is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
What’s the difference between a donut and a rack?

Is a rack just some metal shelving you put around the lights in a square ? Like the old “Stadium”
pretty much.... Like a stadium, but just vertical rising, not back... so more like one of those giant plastic Colosseum cylinders. from the older days... I circle would be ideal, but hard to find giant cylinder shelving.... so giant square it is...

Swap

Welcome To The Compound

Old 06-27-2020, 03:34 PM #414
BYF

BYF is a glorious beacon of lightBYF is a glorious beacon of lightBYF is a glorious beacon of lightBYF is a glorious beacon of lightBYF is a glorious beacon of lightBYF is a glorious beacon of lightBYF is a glorious beacon of lightBYF is a glorious beacon of lightBYF is a glorious beacon of lightBYF is a glorious beacon of lightBYF is a glorious beacon of light
It was really popular to do an octagon shape with raised beds and soil in Humboldt back in the day.
BYF is offline Quote

Old 06-27-2020, 03:47 PM #415
BYF

When you grow the plants with overhead lighting and then switch them to horizontal lighting do you try and adjust the quarter to half of the plant that’s growing outside the “donut” to face in toward the light or just plumb cut it off?

I tried to think about how I’d deal with the back side of the plant and I feel like I’d end up just cutting about 1/4 of it off because I wouldn’t be able to redirect the branches 180 degrees
BYF is offline Quote

Old 06-28-2020, 08:41 AM #416
swapmeet

Quote:
When you grow the plants with overhead lighting and then switch them to horizontal lighting do you try and adjust the quarter to half of the plant that’s growing outside the “donut” to face in toward the light or just plumb cut it off?

I tried to think about how I’d deal with the back side of the plant and I feel like I’d end up just cutting about 1/4 of it off because I wouldn’t be able to redirect the branches 180 degrees
A lot of the growth tips will grow towards the light naturally, even better with some guidance. anything not getting enough light to produce bag appeal gets chopped... Cutting the back off basically.

I have the rolling wardrobes to hang reflectix on and get any penetrating lumens reflected back onto the backside.

If you have a bit more space and budget you could layout 4 donuts with a light in middle like 5 on a die... and you could hit the back sides with light too...

Swap

Welcome To The Compound

Old 06-28-2020, 03:15 PM #417
BYF

With that light set up I’ve always wanted to just grow 4 huge trees like outdoor plants inside
BYF is offline Quote

Old 06-28-2020, 05:40 PM #418
swapmeet

Quote:
With that light set up I’ve always wanted to just grow 4 huge trees like outdoor plants inside
Yeah.... If you had the room and could pull a couple bows off of them, then that's always an option as well.

Swap

Welcome To The Compound

Last edited by swapmeet; 06-29-2020 at 02:16 AM..

Old 06-29-2020, 03:55 PM #419
BYF

What do you think the ideal room size for 6 plants is?

How many lamps would you run on 6 trees? 8,000w? I was thinking a 14x30 room so you could have A 4x4 square per plant
BYF is offline Quote