What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HEADY BLUNTS -- 400w vert micro cab - 22.5" tall -- organic soil w/ blumats!

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
I'm a bigger fan of pruning and lst than of defoliating.

during my last run I let everything grow wild with zero pruning. I ended up with lots of larf in the shaded out spots, but the yield was pretty decent considering the obsticals I was dealing with.

from that experience I learned the penetration capabilities of my light, and anything that got shaded out last run will be pruned after stretch this time around.

I only really start taking off leaves at the end when they start dying to help prevent bud rot.

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
i had to cull 3 males this week. i must be asleep at the wheel!

here's what things looked like a couple days ago before i noticed. the canopy was pretty perfect. i'll have to keep my fingers crossed i can make full use of the space without all these plants.

both of my nigerian x bmr plants sprouted grapes. so did one of the to x bmr plants.

luckily i caught them before they got frisky, but i was looking forward to the smoke from them when i thought they were female.

oh well. the right bed is glad for any room, and the cherryhazes will have no problem taking up the empty space left by the nigerians.

i am in love with these cherryhaze plants. i hope the smoke is as nice as the growth!

anyway here's the beds after the males were removed.

i know it's crazy i haven't set up the blumats yet. the good news is i've been able to experiment a lot with my fermented plant extracts (fpe).

i finally got my hands on some horsetail, boiled it for 10 minutes, strained the material and kept the liquid concentrate. this is a great natural (and free) source of soluble silica---a valuable nutrient for plant health and disease resistance.

i also have been rotating in some camellia fpe i've made from the blooms. this provides a little boost of p and micronutrients and vitamins to help promote heavy budset.

everyone seems very happy!

now if only it would cool down so i could crank my light up to 400w.

temperatures in the cab have been staying steady at 6*f above ambient. as long as i keep the air circulating through my apartment, the cab stays comfortable.

unfortuntately when temps have been getting in the mid 80s while i'm at work, i have to leave the light dimmed so i don't do any unintentional roasting.

gdbud

I always like to see what you can do in your small space.
So you are doing multiple plants in each pot?

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
hey gdb.

ya i've been hoarding seeds like crazy so i was itching to explore some of them.

fanatically organic polyculture micro beds FTW!

well not exactly polyculture, since they're all cannabis, but you know what i mean.

it's an adventure growing a bunch of plants i'm unfamiliar with from seed in a space like this.

stick around it should get interesting.

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
but yea each container is about half of a #20 smart pot, so roughly 10 gallons of my recycled soil in each.

the left pot has three plants: cherryhaze 1&2, and punto rojo x afghani 4.

the right pot has 6 plants: to x bmr 1, punto rojo x afghani 1,2,3, and chemd x mat 1&2.

G

growingcrazy

Grow is looking great as usual HB!

Can't wait to see it in full bloom!

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
updates from saturday.

i'm pretty sure i started on a saturday, so these pics should be documenting day 14.

i thought i'd start with a back-view of the beds so y'all can see the training situation.

i've decided to only do LST during stretch. i'll be pruning a lot of the lower stuff in a couple more weeks.

left bed

right bed

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
so all this time i've been keeping my lamp dimmed down to 275w, and temps have been topping out at 86* on the hottest days (ambient of 80*+).

last run i left the lamp blasting at 400w all through the hottest parts of summer, and the worst handful of days peaked at over 100* in the cab.

i wanted to avoid evaporating all my precious terpines this time around, so i've been erring on the side of cooler temps vs. more light.

anyone care to argue for more light and higher temps? or should i stick with what i'm doing?

G

greenmatter

what is the normal rh in your area heady? anyone use swamp cooler where you are?

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
rh% can vary pretty wildly here.

if it's rainy or foggy it can be 80%+ ambient, but the summer can get pretty dry, sometimes crazy dry, like i've seen my hygrometer dip into single digits and then blank out "--" like that.

right now things are great. a pretty steady 55--60% rh in the cab as long as it's anywhere from 45--80% ambient.

my friend with the balcony i do my summer crop on kept talking about a swamp cooler as an option when we were thinking of building out his attic....

silver hawaiian

Veteran
rh% can vary pretty wildly here.

if it's rainy or foggy it can be 80%+ ambient, but the summer can get pretty dry, sometimes crazy dry, like i've seen my hygrometer dip into single digits and then blank out "--" like that.

right now things are great. a pretty steady 55--60% rh in the cab as long as it's anywhere from 45--80% ambient.

my friend with the balcony i do my summer crop on kept talking about a swamp cooler as an option when we were thinking of building out his attic....

Why was this abandoned?! :tumbleweed: :blowbubbles:

G

greenmatter

on those low rh days a swamp cooler (or at least that type of system) would work great as far as cooling goes, and you can shut the water off when the rh is high.

you could put something together pretty easy if your air intake for the cabinet has some space on the "in" end. the one problem would be stealth, but it looks like you are really good at making that happen

silver hawaiian

Veteran
heady, every time I swing in here, I marvel at what you're able to do in your space, .. Square footage is one thing, but you've got a serious limitation when it comes to cubes too. :D :respect:

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
:tiphat: thank you SH!

i think i played it a bit too safe on the veg this time. i could have let everyone grow another 4-6" to max out the cab.

i guess i was nervous i'd get some 3x stretchers and not have any room for them.

oh well! can't beat all the guesswork with a mixed seed run like this.

GM- the swamp cooler looks interesting. is that a DIY type thing? do you have any links or threads you would reccommend me to start with?

i think we'll have a pretty decent amount of low rh% days so i'm very interested.