What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Any one been to Colombia ?

corky1968

Veteran
I've never journeyed out of my country.

But would like to check some real Cannabis sources one day.

I hear Colombia is not the place to be a tough guy.

People get kidnapped there all the time.

Good Luck

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
i visited 20 different countries/islands around central America in 09 trying to see if the local weed had better effects on my illness than California's mmj.

Columbia was the only country where I felt really unsafe trying to buy weed, Panama was sketchy also and had the worst weed.

the best I found is the picture I use for an Avatar, got it on Barbados at the big open weed market on Reed street in Bridgetown.
it was as potent as top shelf Cali or old school thai.

Docteur

central america is not the same

central america is not the same

i visited 20 different countries/islands around central America in 09 trying to see if the local weed had better effects on my illness than California's mmj.

Columbia was the only country where I felt really unsafe trying to buy weed, Panama was sketchy also and had the worst weed.

the best I found is the picture I use for an Avatar, got it on Barbados at the big open weed market on Reed street in Bridgetown.
it was as potent as top shelf Cali or old school thai.

colombia is the less sketchy country to buy drugs in south america amigo less sketchy and best quality in south america, less sketchy than argentina chile and brazil for sure you dont need to go to a barrio or ghetto just go see the corner street artisan he will hook you up

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
It's such a large country that I think it's hard to really speak as if we have a complete understanding of it. Even in the United States there is so much I haven't seen.

I met some people through a friend that asked if I was interested in smoking or grabbing any flowers. I passed because I tend not to smoke when I travel. It's just a personal preference. If it was friends of my family, that would be a different story.

One of the major advantages is that I speak the language. I've seen that there are several events that are happening in Colombia based around Cannabis. Mostly in Medellin, Bogota, or Cali. I'm planning on taking another trip down there next year possibly around the same time of year. It's a beautiful place and I really enjoyed not just the atmosphere but the people as well.

corky1968

Veteran
all the time ?

nah you get kidnapped its because youre rich or just doing something wrong

im in medellin right now and i´ve been travelling through all the country its more safe than detroit or other places in usa

I bet some latina chick would have me handcuffed to the wall in her dungeon with me wearing a leather helmet in no time at all. :laughing:

djimb

Veteran
I bet some latina chick would have me handcuffed to the wall in her dungeon with me wearing a leather helmet in no time at all. :laughing:

and that's bad? :laughing:

seriously, I heard more stories about people getting drugged in bars and robbed in Ecuador than I ever did in Colombia. Admittedly, I lived in Quito for a year, and spent half my time in Colombia working at a hostel in the cloud forest, far away from any bars. But really, as long as you're friendly, and a little suspicious, you'll be fine... Of course it also helps if you're 6'2" and taller than anyone around.

corky1968

Veteran
and that's bad? :laughing:

seriously, I heard more stories about people getting drugged in bars and robbed in Ecuador than I ever did in Colombia. Admittedly, I lived in Quito for a year, and spent half my time in Colombia working at a hostel in the cloud forest, far away from any bars. But really, as long as you're friendly, and a little suspicious, you'll be fine... Of course it also helps if you're 6'2" and taller than anyone around.

Doesn't matter if your 6'2". They have guns and are not scared to use them.

djimb

Veteran
Doesn't matter if your 6'2". They have guns and are not scared to use them.
Fair point. I just figure there are people with guns looking to victimize people everywhere you go.

If you'd rather not got to Colombia, some stranger on the internet isn't going to convince you. That's fine.

There are places that carry less of a stigma in the public's opinion, and I would just like to encourage anyone to experience whatever parts of Latin America they're comfortable with. Maybe that's Cancun, maybe it's Buenos Aires, maybe it's an eco lodge in the Panamanian jungle. While vastly different experiences, these are all good options. I happened to really enjoy my time in Colombia, and look forward to more visits.

A few fond memories:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 64562_10151326281882162_275947137_n.jpg
    64562_10151326281882162_275947137_n.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 92
  • 206060_10151338849132162_633455406_n.jpg
    206060_10151338849132162_633455406_n.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 91
  • 206640_10151329569522162_1906366862_n.jpg
    206640_10151329569522162_1906366862_n.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 86
  • 431218_10151354376672162_602692395_n.jpg
    431218_10151354376672162_602692395_n.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 94
  • 603024_10151354418197162_1504230216_n.jpg
    603024_10151354418197162_1504230216_n.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:

Abja Roots

Veteran
What's up all. Just got back from Colombia. Spent two weeks between Santa Marta and Cali. Both were great. I had been to Santa Marta once before and made it up to Taganga. This time I went to Copa Farallones in Cali and it was cool to see all the changes that have happened over the last few years. The flower has gotten much better, saw some really nice solventless rosin, and overall more brands being built. The recent allowance for cultivation and exportation of THC flower is certainly a game changer. There's an event in Medellin in November, the Jack Herer Cup. I've heard it's pretty corporate, but for me it's a chance to see more people that I know.

If anyone is going to be out there, let me know.

There will also be an event called Copa Caribe in Santa Marta in February. I will be out there for that one as well. For me I want to see how I can expand my breeding work down there long term.

Abja Roots

Veteran
Went back again. This time to Medellin and Santa Marta. Lots of good things happening. I think rec is coming at some point in the next 18 months.
20221106_144534.jpg
20221105_182115.jpg
20221103_112630.jpg
20221103_112830.jpg
20221106_144828.jpg

Attachments

• 20221106_071249.jpg
    20221106_071249.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 72
  • 20221107_160226.jpg
    20221107_160226.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 74

grayeyes

Contrary to some comments in this post, Red Rider has been down there for the last almost 20 years. Having investigated the licensing, strains and growing conditions in his greenhouses he definitely knows Colombia.

Listen and you will learn something.

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah I did work with a licensed cannabis company and even registered 9 of my selected strains with the government. However commercial cannabis is not my thing and now I'm doing something else. I try not to know many people in the legal biz cause they're only interested in money and boring hype strains. As far as living here, I think some people would like it but most wouldn't. Myself I am planning to retire here next year and just do my thing privately.

red rider

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cannabis cups
I've been to a few cannabis cups here in Colombia over the last few years and I must admit that it's a great party and nice to see what people are up to here. I'm not a real sociable guy and prefer to work quietly but I understand the mechanics of these events. We all got to eat. However I was disappointed that there's absolutely no interest (that I observed) in Colombian genetics or growing bio regenitive outdoors.
It was all about indo and the lastest fab genetics fueled by chem nutes and LED lights I guess that's what it's all about, moving product. From my perspective it seems odd to grow with lights in Colombia. But I guess some people want to come to beautiful Colombia and burn indo Kush instead of sun grown mountain sativa. That's not me.

red rider no