What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Had this for years. What the fuck is it?

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
LOL, glad I could help. Keeping neem out of your cannabis gives you a 100% greater chance I'd be interested in you sharing it with me.

Thank you kindly. :)

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
I never thought about doing a picture search.
I have only tried to do a Google pic search 4 or 5 years ago. I took a picture of a signature that I couldn't read and searched and it just came up with a lot of different signatures. It's probably more advanced now and I probably wasn't using the best example. Haven't even thought about it since.
Now I'm gonna see what else I have that needs identifying.

RB56

Veteran
It's an optical slave light sensor for photography. :D

This is a link to an out of stock product which looks like a much newer version of your object...
https://www.keh.com/shop/nissin-syncro-eye-slave-pc-1.html

I believe this is a video explaining how this type of device works.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqDNxmMQ094

Exactly correct. I was a commercial photographer back in the day when we used film and a location shoot could easily take a van's worth of gear. Thousands of dollars worth of flash equipment would connect to the camera with a push on connector that goes onto the round piece you can see on the slave. This worked about half the time and I used to carry a brass tool on my key ring to reshape the connector. You used a slave like that when a cable would be in the shot or the strobe was too far from the camera to use a cable.

There was no Photoshop :eek:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Oh boy - we have some smart cookies around here - Doug Curtis being one of them.

Jolly good show old bean!

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
This worked about half the time and I used to carry a brass tool on my key ring to reshape the connector.
One of the many little things which made you a more desirable tech. It's the little things, ya know? :D

There was no Photoshop :eek:
lol I hear you. :) Still infinitely easier to get the shot 'almost' perfect and fix a minor flaw with photoshop. I'm sure you wouldn't be surprised at what people often think you *can* do with it. lol :D

Gypsy Nirvana said:
Oh boy - we have some smart cookies around here - Doug Curtis being one of them.

Jolly good show old bean!
LOL Thank you. :tiphat:

RB56

Veteran
lol I hear you. :) Still infinitely easier to get the shot 'almost' perfect and fix a minor flaw with photoshop. I'm sure you wouldn't be surprised at what people often think you *can* do with it. lol :D

No doubt - not decrying advances in technology at all. I do sometimes wonder if photographic evidence can have any impact any more, "napalm girl", etc. Other than that, I wholeheartedly embrace the change. If nothing else, eliminating the toxic processing chemicals from the waste stream is an improvement.Being able to do in minutes things that used to take hours or days isn't bad either.

Latest posts

Latest posts