What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Growing indoor in winter

Hi there !

i'm having low temp issues in my grow tent.
The tents are in a sleeping room, with door and window, but in the basement where it's not heated. So outside the room, it's cold it's 6°C. Outdoor it's about 0°C.
So in the room, i've got a dehumidifier and a CO2 meter.
My flowering tent has an exhaust fan with 2 knobs, 1 for the exhaust level ( from 0 to 100 %) and 1 knob for the temperature threashold, with one probe inside the tent. So if it's too hot inside, exhaust runs at 100%.

My light is 400 W HPS for 1 square meter tent.

My main question is about the exhaust settings.

If i set it to 0% and 25 °C, the temperature inside can go up to 25 °C and then exhaust runs 100% but i think that most of the time the fan is off, so the temp is maybe good but it's very humid inside before exhaust runs. So it's often humid.

If i set it to 20% and 25 °C, the RH is maybe good, but it never reaches the 25°C. It's about 23 °C and i think it's too low.

The result is that it does not grow well, it's slow and it's does not stretch a lot, and it should stretch.

So what is best ? Exhaust all the time even if it a little cold or exhaust only when it's too hot, even if RH is high? I know i can put a heater but i'd prefer do without.

Soon i will start another grow in the same room maybe it will fix some things, but before that what settings are best?

I add CO2 in the room manualy with a gaz heater.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Keep the bedroom @ 20 deg C. Even at 10 deg C would be an improvement. I run my grow in my den (in the basement). It's basically my lung room. AC in summertime and heat during winter. Lights on at 10pm-10am

Latest posts

Latest posts