What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

home security video.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Spend well and be mindful “ paying peanuts gets monkeys” ,,
If it’s your home then make it like Fort Knox ,,,,
We have cameras,,,video entry and cctv everywhere,,
All pro fitted and covert but the bad guys would know it’s there,,, s2

thailer

i was originally looking at trail cams but I don't like the battery aspect. what is going on is an ex from 9 years ago found out i grow and has been sending me messages saying that they're coming to my house. well they finally showed up, sat in my driveway and called my house till i answered and then left. this has been going on for a couple years now but they've never come on my property. I got a cheap harbor freight driveway alert that beeps when motion is sensed that works ok minus the squirrel who knocked it over. it does run on batteries but it should last a long time whereas i don't know how often i will be needing to charge cameras.

if i go to charge them up or replace batteries, then i have to reangle and set them up. i'm guess since this is requiring a lot of battery to take pics, i may need to do this a couple times a month. the frequency that the ex harasses me is every six months or so and i get comfortable after a month and would get lazy charging the cameras i feel. the Ring camera is POE and connected to power at all times.

i looked into the night vision aspect and the reviews said it works better than other top brands you can buy at a box office store like Best Buy. Theres three styles of cameras for outdoor security and two come with lights which people say help a lot and make it as good as day if theres any ambiant light out to help the infared pick up a better picture. so paired with a motion light if you want to keep the camera hidden or you can buy one with a motion floodlight but it's almost a hundred bucks more.

thanks for the help!

Dr Watt

Who What
Can't Steal Wot U Can't See

Can't Steal Wot U Can't See

This could be good for personal activated defence. To my mind your heavy burglar won't car about cameras, if they know there is somethiing to be got, but you do see their body type and if you can contact police it is a start :)

Fake cameras would very effective at the one thing exposed CCTV's do - keep people away :joint:

A small dog could be useful both overnight and if you have to leave doors/windows open during summer. The driveway alert idea is good imo - also just for visitor forewarning - animals at night after night negate much value there but suck it and see.

Smokeshield in the Grow activated from bed and lounge - by the time they make the Grow it will be covered - I think the smoke lasts for minutes so possible a burglar could just grab you and wait :watchplant: In the Tobacco store attempt the employee hits a button and there are strobe lights aswell - which looks effective.

Not much of a robbery this one 30sec https://youtu.be/mPZ6k3RBF9k

Better example (video quality can be upped) 1min https://youtu.be/a4iZTuFnluI?list=PL8Vwiiotnu62TTy3mYiGll6EM5lIglFMz

Last edited:

thailer

so i think after reading reviews for a few days on the Ring and Zmodo cams, then i looked into brands of cameras that are known for surveillance, while teaching myself about this tech, i think i've found something that could be helpful to me, a personal grower who wants enough added protection to capture license plates but doesn't need four cameras or commercial grow protection. theres a lot of companies i looked at that provide cloud service for $3-10 per month and the only video copy is on a cloud that needs to have a great connection to internet and without, reviewers complain it doesn't work or they have to buy a booster signal and then that doesn't work. that seems very unreliable to me and our wifi connection isn't all that great. Theres also ones that use a NVR to record but the system is a couple hundred bucks, which i don't have and wasn't expecting an expense like this during christmas gift season. this camera i want to buy is only $80.

So i found a company with free cloud service options to record video, with a decent camera that should be able to capture license plates when they get 20' or so from the camera really well that runs on POE and doesn't require wifi to operate the alert system or software. the reviews are all great on amazon and people who have problems say great things about the customer service and the company, Microseven comments on reviews and seems quite active. i really like that the company seems like it will solve any problems. it records with a micro SD card which will autowrite over old footage just like a NVR and also to the cloud for back up thats free 24 hours or you can pay $7 month/$70 year to keep it for a week, etc. the microSD card should store it for a while so i don't think i'll need the service unless the camera is stolen which holds the SD card but i'l know about that within 24hrs for the free cloud service OR i can use a free service software Zoneminder.

so all i need to do is hook up a ethernet cable to my comcast modem and it will power and connect to the internet/software.

i hope i am understanding that clearly. if not please let me know. thanks! I'll post some example pics when i get it up and running. i will order it in a couple hours after i go to the bank. lol

Built-in Web Server. Free Microseven Software for Windows & Mac. Full HD: 1080P/30fps resolution with Sony CMOS Sensor, 5MP 1.7mm lens provides 170 wide-angle along with digital zoom. Built-in with 3 arrays support up to 50ft clear night vision, the arrays shows red light at night to support black&white night vision. Working over Power Over Ethernet 802.3af (Stabler Connection Compared with Wifi Cameras) or Regular Wired, all metal casing IP66 rating waterproof.Microphone & Speaker Built-in: The built-in microphone and high-power speaker allows you Listen & Talk back with just a touch via phone, tablet with M7 App and PC M7 Software.Free 24Hr Cloud Storage for All Microseven Cameras & 128GB MicroSD Card Storage: Camera can record video on M7 cloud download to your phone, record video to the computer, SD Card (Up to 128GB), hard disk drive and NVR. Allows 4 motion alerts zones selected to prevent the false alerts. It can share live stream as webcam and broadcast to Microseven.tv with no charge! M7 Cloud Subscriptions also available at $7.00/Month, $70.00/Year , 30 days Cloud Storage Up to 3 Cameras! You can cancel anytime!Motion Detection Alerts: Push notifications to your mobile phone with video clips, send email notification with images when motion is detected, the camera also can do FTP to send video clips and images to an FTP server, PC or NAS Sever. You can view and playback from your phone / pad / PC anytime anywhere.Standard ONVIF POE Camera: Work with Microseven NVR, any Onvif NVR or 3rd Party Software like Milestone, Blue Iris, and NAS, ZoneMinder. Microseven provides free software for Windows, MacOS and free app for iOS and Android also provide most potent customizable configuration features in the camera Firmware. Quick setup via iOS or Android device via M7 App, Or PC via M7 Software Microseven 1080P HD POE Outdoor Camera, Alexa, Two-Way Audio Wide Angle, Motion Detection, 128GB SD Card Slot, Night Vision Bullet IP Camera, Free 24hr Cloud Storage, Waterproof Security Camera, ONVIF

Wow that was a lot to learn quickly! :laughing: this video really helped me figure out the quality i need to have to see license plates in detail on a reliable basis https://youtu.be/KTzPrh7SOhI

thailer

I started exploring a bit more on the microseven camera and i wasn't sure if the app and setup is very user friendly. i found one guy who had a review and afterwards, i decided that maybe i would be stuck with a camera that i wouldn't be able to get help with due to a variety of things. anyways, i dug a little deeper and bought a Reolink camera that ended up being higher resolution and lower in price. the reviews on the app for Reolink were better than the microseven too.

I bought it on amazon originally priced at $60 but theres a coupon you can use that took off $9 and then they said i could apply for a credit card and get a $50 instant gift card to use towards the purchase so it ended up costing me $5.43 in the end. i will get some pics or video up if anyone is interested. i will need to buy a switch because comcast doesn't have a POE port on the modem. then its just plug and play after that....hopefully.

4MP HD & 100FT NIGHT VISION & WIDE VIEWING ANGLE: 4MP 1440p Super HD camera, long-distance night vision range 65-100ft with 18 infrared LEDs, up to 80˚ wide viewing angle, capture more clearer and sharper images and video, great for driveway, hallways, etc.
POE OUTDOOR & INDOOR: PoE with only one Ethernet cable (up to 330ft), no power adapter needed, optional PoE switch or injector, easy setup with plug and play, waterproof camera, fit for indoor and outdoor, residential areas, retail store, business.
SMART MOTION DETECT & ALERT: Schedulable Motion detection, motion recording and real-time motion alert via email, app push notification to mobile phone, FTP upload snapshots and videos, motion sensibility adjustment - accurate and smart motion detection less false alarm.
FREE & VERSITLE APPS & REMOTE VIEW: Free and intuitive Reolink Client and mobile app for iPhone & Android, PC Windows & MAC, no monthly subscription fee, support at least 8 camera sources, live view, remote view, motion detection, live stream control, and recorded video playback.
SD Card or NVR RECORDING: Comes with SD card slot( SD card not included), support up to 64Gb micro SD card for recording. 24/7 HD video recording and storage with Reolink PoE network video recorders (support up to 16 cameras and with built-in 3TB HDD).

Hydro8

Make sure you don't livestream your grow operation.

A large percentage of DYI camera installs never change the default password or the default ip address. So hackers can just scan the ip address then enter the default password. Websites started posting the hacked cameras live streams one website before long had 73,000 camera streams going.

Woman started finding out they were being watched all evening in their panties for months along with who knows what else.

shithawk420

Veteran
Oh boy.installings cameras today after I got robbed.unfortunatly they are old and I need to run them to windows xp.better than nothing I guess

shithawk420

Veteran
Thanks zeez.stole my mini bike that my dad and I built.loved that bike.just put a 212 cc predator motor on it.hope I can catch these fuckers now.

shithawk420

Veteran
I'd like to add that it was fucking rough.and cold as shit but we had to do two cameras in god awful conditions.i wish I could explain but I'm too tired.fucking hate thieves.and it was old expuitment so we spliced and did a shit ton of work.even with shitty equipment it would probably cost me $1000