What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What I'm up too at the moment.

GGNo2

Nice jungle you got going there! ++

Its crazy. I'm going in tomorrow to set the thermostat fan switches, trim some of the bottom growth put and to put canes in the pots.
I'm definitely going hydro next time. 36 handwatered in soil is a work load

mr.brunch

Veteran
Hand watering lots of plants is hard work, fair play to you mate... don’t think my back could handle it these days!!

GGNo2

Hand watering lots of plants is hard work, fair play to you mate... don’t think my back could handle it these days!!

I'm only just managing it, on my knees in there distributing 125 litres of water a litre at a time.
I kept getting a cramp in my ribs the other night with all the lifting and twisting while bent over.
Hopefully it will all be worth it.

superx

Veteran
Its always worth it mate...

Just think you could be lying somewhere in the Caribbean in the coming months scratching your coconuts :biggrin:

I also hear you on the hand feeding.. I am using the IWS at the moment for the draining part.. At least your not in coco and then you would know what pain is my man with all that hand feeding once or twice a day then having to deal with the run off :biggrin:

Enjoy the rest of your weekend :ying:

GGNo2

2 friggin hours I was in there tonight and only managed to trim and cane half of the plants before my legs and back went numb.
Another 2 hours tomorrow night it is then.

It has given me a bit of extra room and watering will be easier with all the bottom growth out of the way.

superx

Veteran
Once you get the rest of the girls staked and the bottom thirds off its plain sailing really...

Are you using a pump and watering wand for feeding? if not it makes the job a hell of a lot easier.. It will not be to long before you see that light at the end of the tunnel...

Atvb.

GGNo2

Once you get the rest of the girls staked and the bottom thirds off its plain sailing really...

Are you using a pump and watering wand for feeding? if not it makes the job a hell of a lot easier.. It will not be to long before you see that light at the end of the tunnel...

Atvb.

A pump and watering wand? What this magic you speak of lol.
Nah I'm using a 0ne litre jug and dispensing from 25litre Jerry cans..
I didn't even get to trim the other half last night as when I went in they needed watering. There's only so long I can stand being in the tent.
Will get them Finnished tonight.

Its already a lot easier to water the plants I've tidied up.
I'm going to look for the watering wand though.

superx

Veteran
Good grief man your using a jug? your on the path to suicide if you keep that up. Jesus i feel your pain then, your body will end up S shaped if you keep that up. Labour of love is it? lol

Get your self a watering wand you can pick one up for roughly a tenner mate, B&Q or any half decent garden centre will have one.

Then get your self a submersible water pump, the first one i bought was Hailea HX 6650 "Chinese shit" cost 20 quid or something it lasted me over 4 years. During the summer i purchased a pond sump pump for 25 euro from Aldi it moves over 700 litres per hour. All these pumps have 13mm connectors on them and they go up to 19mm.

Last but not least get your self a 120 litre black bin and a roll of garden hose "12.5 mm - 13mm" now simply connect one end of the garden hose to the pump which will be submersed in your bin "nutrient mix" and then simply connect the other to your watering wand and of ya go mate. you can sit on your hunkers in the middle of your room and be able to access all your plants from that position using your wand, its how i use to feed my garden, i could feed 40 plants in 12 litre pots of coco in less than one hour mate.

I avoided my local grow shop for the submersible pump because he was asking for silly prices, check out the local garden centres for a sump pump, its what they use in garden ponds. Though your local grow shop might even have them at a better price than what my one charges

GGNo2

Good grief man your using a jug? your on the path to suicide if you keep that up. Jesus i feel your pain then, your body will end up S shaped if you keep that up. Labour of love is it? lol

Get your self a watering wand you can pick one up for roughly a tenner mate, B&Q or any half decent garden centre will have one.

Then get your self a submersible water pump, the first one i bought was Hailea HX 6650 "Chinese shit" cost 20 quid or something it lasted me over 4 years. During the summer i purchased a pond sump pump for 25 euro from Aldi it moves over 700 litres per hour. All these pumps have 13mm connectors on them and they go up to 19mm.

Last but not least get your self a 120 litre black bin and a roll of garden hose "12.5 mm - 13mm" now simply connect one end of the garden hose to the pump which will be submersed in your bin "nutrient mix" and then simply connect the other to your watering wand and of ya go mate. you can sit on your hunkers in the middle of your room and be able to access all your plants from that position using your wand, its how i use to feed my garden, i could feed 40 plants in 12 litre pots of coco in less than one hour mate.

I avoided my local grow shop for the submersible pump because he was asking for silly prices, check out the local garden centres for a sump pump, its what they use in garden ponds. Though your local grow shop might even have them at a better price than what my one charges

Lol I work with the tools given lol. This grow is funded by another. I will mention the watering wand to him but to tell you the truth now I've Finnished lollipopping watering ain't an issue and seeing as we're going hydro next time i will just struggle through this next 8-9 weeks.

Ive got long orangutan arms and I can easily reach all plants now there's no bottom growth.
I lifted intake tonight too and ducting which has given me an extra ft of room along the sides of tent
Shuffled the plants and lights,moved floor fans and things look a lot better.

I will snap off a picture tomorrow but because of the layout I find it hard to get the whole room in. As I said before I've a 3m x 3m tent in a 3.4x3.2 shed,not much room to manoeuvre at all.

I gotta say though I've come a long way in the last couple of years. My plants look great with not a blemish on the leaves at all. Going from struggling to keep 4 plants in perfect health to 36 looking like super models is an accomplishment for me and I pat myself on the back everytime I open that tent and I'm greeted by the sight.

I just hope it carries on this path through flower. I'm hoping for 100-120 oz but Ive learnt not to count chickens.

superx

Veteran
Excellent G, there is absolutely nothing wrong with your growing skills. "no doubt about that, you have already proving that" i recall your last journals, You had dodgy water or something from what i recall which was giving you issues." did you ever get to the bottom of that?"

When you switch to hydro do you have a system in mind mate? I am really liking Growells own system they designed, pretty straight forward and looks the business i might bite the bullet and go for it myself after Xmas....

Orangutan arms? i bet those come in handy lol

Yea mate deffo do not count your chickens quite rite, i always look on the low side myself so any thing extra is a Brucie bonus in my book especially when i am running from seed, at least your using clones which you have experience with and have nice wattage so realistically speaking you should be in and around those numbers somewhere "fingers crossed mate"

GGNo2

Excellent G, there is absolutely nothing wrong with your growing skills. "no doubt about that, you have already proving that" i recall your last journals, You had dodgy water or something from what i recall which was giving you issues." did you ever get to the bottom of that?"

When you switch to hydro do you have a system in mind mate? I am really liking Growells own system they designed, pretty straight forward and looks the business i might bite the bullet and go for it myself after Xmas....

Orangutan arms? i bet those come in handy lol

Yea mate deffo do not count your chickens quite rite, i always look on the low side myself so any thing extra is a Brucie bonus in my book especially when i am running from seed, at least your using clones which you have experience with and have nice wattage so realistically speaking you should be in and around those numbers somewhere "fingers crossed mate"

Cheers bud,
Nah never figured out what was going on with past grows. Constant lockout problems and hermies.
Things got better once I started using biobizz.
That's why I was worried about using canna this grow but it's pretty good so far.

Thinking wilma systems because it's all self contained and looks easy. I've looked at auto pots but I really want to use clay pebbles as a medium so that ruled them out.
Still looking at systems though I will check out growwells system cheers

GGNo2

picture.php
picture.php

GGNo2

I snuck into the tent a few minutes before the lights come on to snap a few pictures without the hps flicker.
This is day 15 12/12
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

GGNo2

Nice green field!

Aye she's coming along nicely. Still battling the temps. I've got two radiators in there on max setting with a little computer thingy which means they're basically on 24/7 and both fans are on controllers so they're both on slowest speed. Still lights off temps are only 15c.

Still the plants look great. Not even a burnt leaf tip.

superx

Veteran
:woohoo:

Welcome to the jungle :biggrin: class mate

Looks like you have a little bit of room to spread those fine ladies out a little bit more, or is that your walk way for feeding. " can you gain access by feeding them through both sides of the tent rather than entering it? "

Look forward to seeing this unfold...:ying:

Stay safe mate...

GGNo2

:woohoo:

Welcome to the jungle :biggrin: class mate

Looks like you have a little bit of room to spread those fine ladies out a little bit more, or is that your walk way for feeding. " can you gain access by feeding them through both sides of the tent rather than entering it? "

Look forward to seeing this unfold...:ying:

Stay safe mate...
Yeah that's the walk way between the girls for me to work in. I have no access to the tent from the sides. Literally I have about 20 inches at the front of the tent to the door of the shed. It's packed in there.
I'm gonna have to do some defoliation to get the light penatration I need.
I told the matey 4 plants per light but because he got the kit with 36 pots he wanted to use them all.
Infact the 37 plants in there as we had a spare clone and he insisted on growing it. I named that one hindrance as its always in the way.

GGNo2

Ffs I've jinxed myself.
Most the plants have brown spots appearing on the leaves. Exactly the problem I had a couple of years back.
Never did find out what caused it but it went away when I started using biobizz and didn't come back.

Now I've started using chem fertilisers and adjusting pH again boom 3 weeks into flower and they're there again.

I ain't too worried, I always got some nice buds with it but it don't look smart is all.

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
Imo that's probably a calcium deficiency with some K toxicity possibly.

I dont rate canna nutes, never liked em. Biobizz is much better it seems to me..

Possibly your environment is slightly helping the Ca def if the VPD isn't great for chunks of time. :2cents:

Latest posts

Latest posts