What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Rocky Mountain Ring of Fire

This is my AK-47 x White Widow early version harvested at 10 weeks.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

A few months ago I mixed amendments into my soil. I only mixed the amendments and old soil, not the peat. The peat starts breaking down once mixed , so I started using the soil\amendment mix as a base. When I need to get some for planting I mix it with a bunch of peat and medium & small perlite and it's ready to go. This has been working quite well.

Over the last couple of years my garden had not been performing well like it should have been. It took me a long time to realize that as I kept adding more worm castings, and as the peat I began with changed from peat to compost, the ratios had become badly skewed.
I have come to realize that the physical structure of the soil is far more important than the nutrient profile, except in the case of toxicity. Nutrient can be easily added, but if the aeration\peat is not propper the plant wont be able to access it, whether it is in a water only soil or in an add as you go soil.
So now I make sure the soil is very light and fluffy, and the plants seem to like it.

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
This seems like a no brainer if your eyes are as bad as mine, yet I wish I did it years ago. Same thing with the 30ml measuring cups.:shucks:

picture.php

I started working this stuff into my waterings. I'm going for maximum diversity. It takes a teaspoon which is a lot, I like quarter teaspoon products better. It also doesn't stay suspended in water very well. I'll be looking at other yuccah products to see if I can improve on those factors.:chin:

picture.php

After trying this straw for a mulch layer I've gotta say I like it. It's surprising how thin of a layer will work. It kind of makes a mess in smaller pots so It's just for the 3g and larger.
As each leaf is pruned I scoot the straw aside and build a new mulch layer with the leaf.:canabis:
picture.php

I only vape in my Silver Surfer, and I clean it every 3 days. I use 4 screens - one goes in after I clean it, then a clean one every morning until day 3 when it's cleaned again. The vapes taste good at my house!:yummy:

I use a 2 dish system to clean my glass. First the glass and screens go in the dirty alcohol, then after a hot water rinse into the clean alcohol. Another hot water rinse and they're done. When the clean alcohol is dirty enough I dump it in the dirty. When the dirty dish gets dirty enough I toss the plastic container and start a new one because they're cheap. I use a brush to clean the hose and every other cleaning I cut 4 inches off. When it gets too short I toss it for a new hose.

picture.php

I recently bought these pots because I like how small solo cups are and how well they work for me, but not how unstable and easy to tip over they are. They are 1.25 inches shorter than a solo, but it is the bottom inch that is gone so they are more stable and a bit wider. However I wasn't careful enough when I bought them, gotta be extra careful when buying on Amazon. They're a bit too small so I 'll order some more. Not bad at 50 for $10.

picture.php

Awhile back I decided to check out bokashi because I had read some threads with people who were quite happy with the results. I looked around and most bokashi 'systems' consisted of a fancy bucket and bokashi bran to sprinkle on the food waste.

I usually would research and read a lot and then probably build my own because it's often cheaper and better than buying the thing, though in some cases it is absolutely better to buy the thing. Not in this case though.

The bucket that came with my bokashi 'system' was very poorly designed. The spigot is recessed into the bucket so I have to use a small solo cup to catch the horrible smelling juice one cup at a time. This makes it take longer to perform the dreaded task of draining it once in awhile.

There was also a small hole smashed into the upper left side that I didn't notice until it was half full. Lesson learned again - inspect delivered items carefully. I put some red duct tape on it because it is supposed to be anerobic.

picture.php

So I dug up one of my old hydro dwc buckets.

picture.php

I put a few old 2" net pots on the bottom just create a void space.

picture.php

I drilled a bunch of holes in a saucer.

picture.php

And that"s it. It holds more than the one I bought, and it was really easy to quickly drain. I made this from stuff laying around, but even if I bought all new pieces this would be $20 less than the bought one.

picture.php

I moved that Eagle Scout into a 7 gallon pot after topping it and here's what it did, while still in veg, right where it was topped.

picture.php

I'm going to flower him and collect his pollen for some breeding. Would people who breed not use his pollen due to the balls in veg? Just wondering what others opinions are about that.:chin:

Latest posts

Latest posts