What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

150W LED Quantum/COB 1.25 SqFt Microgrow

thenewstyle

:moon:

Yo guys im starting this thread to help me document my current grow.

Grow Cab Space : 15" x 15" x 28"
Medium : 1g Smartpot w/ Organic potting soil/perlite mix
Lights : 150W LED [1 - QB288 Quantum board 2- CXB3590 COB]

Watering with Blumats

Currently growing :
-Dark Alien [Oceangrowns Dark Helmet x DNAgenetics Double Alien]
-ScoutBreath
-Ninja Fruit

Current pic
hyrh2uc.png

In the pic Dark Alien [57V], ScoutBreath [21V], Ninja Fruit [1V]

ill be posting the occasional pic and timelapse once inawhile :woohoo::woohoo:

R

Rageous8899

Keep us updated man. I switched to leds, (3590's) and other cree/luxeon chips and im currently loving em. Dont be afraid to share. I love to creep on peoples diy setups. I have some pics of my builds as well. Stay up /Rageous/

thenewstyle

Keep us updated man. I switched to leds, (3590's) and other cree/luxeon chips and im currently loving em. Dont be afraid to share. I love to creep on peoples diy setups. I have some pics of my builds as well. Stay up /Rageous/

Thanks for checking it out ill have to check out some of your setups too.Ill share some pics of a previous grow in the same cab

Cookies Kush about a week into flower
k9sG4zR.jpg

Cookies Kush harvest day before
8fcc95l.jpg

After
GBIeIwH.jpg

Biggest cola
YtpbsXY.jpg

Cookies Kush timelapse
HZqK6Qn.gifv

thenewstyle

Good news today! Dark Alien is confirmed female!

Other than that I did a little defoliation on Dark Alien/Scoutbreath and tied them down a little further.

uUzmqZ0.png

M

Mr. Sparkle

nice looking previous harvest, what was your yield with that cookies off that 150w of led ?

thenewstyle

nice looking previous harvest, what was your yield with that cookies off that 150w of led ?

prior to this run i was using a 300w galaxy hydro led light, but i believe the power draw on those are around 150w.

Total yield was a little over 3 zips counting the lower growth since there wasnt any larf, the 9 main colas came out to about 70g.

Im hoping to get over 4zips this next run, i think itll be attainable ill just have to let the girls veg a bit longer.

thenewstyle

Did you top and trim, or just tie the longest stems down and let the center growth bush out?

On the cookies grow she was topped after the 3rd node then the 6 budsites were tied/trained out. You can see in the after pic where 3 more of the 6 budsites were topped a second time for a total of 9 tops.

The current grow Dark alien was just grown out and tied down.

cool time-lapse!
If I may, don't be afraid to hang your LED high! they like it trust me.
Also it looks like you are over watering a tad bit - the leaves should be perky

that cooks came out great! nice color, how was the nose on her?

thenewstyle

cool time-lapse!
If I may, don't be afraid to hang your LED high! they like it trust me.
Also it looks like you are over watering a tad bit - the leaves should be perky

that cooks came out great! nice color, how was the nose on her?

The lights are mounted up as high as they can go they are about 13"-14" from the canopy right now. I recently transplanted so im still adjusting the blumats to fit their new shoes, ill try turning them down a bit.

The cookies were lovely :huggg:
She smells like sugary lime with a cookie funk, but the taste is even better!

small update on the grow
AehgERI.png

Ive been using a technique i took from Lightaddict to keep the nodes super tight, all i do is spread the new growth tips out a little. Seems to be working nicely.

Also just did a microtop on the Ninja Fruit, hope she catches up quickly, i plan on flowering in a week or two. :dance013:

The lights are mounted up as high as they can go they are about 13"-14" from the canopy right now. I recently transplanted so im still adjusting the blumats to fit their new shoes, ill try turning them down a bit.

The cookies were lovely :huggg:
She smells like sugary lime with a cookie funk, but the taste is even better!

small update on the grow
View Image

Ive been using a technique i took from Lightaddict to keep the nodes super tight, all i do is spread the new growth tips out a little. Seems to be working nicely.

Also just did a microtop on the Ninja Fruit, hope she catches up quickly, i plan on flowering in a week or two. :dance013:

that's awesome man! glad it came out so tasty. Crazy I've grown orange tree, lemon tree, but never heard of lime tree! :laughing:

I let my pots get dry about an inch or two down - if you don't and just let it dry a little and pulled it out of the container you would see the soil is actually still very wet - the root mass holds in a bunch of water. Roots need O2 and too much water will suppress that. You will notice after you water as they dry - the leaves will start perking up. When the pot gets nice and light (pick it up to get rough estimate on weight) then water again and the leaves should stay perky.

see this girl:

IMG_7509.jpg

she's reaching for the sky that's what you want
here is her soil:
IMG_7512.jpg

I will let it dry out for 3-5 more days and get nice and light.
They like it dry and grow faster.

compared to her:

IMG_7510.jpg

she got watered a little bit too much.

It took me awhile to figure it out but trust me they like that shit to get nice and dry - not completely dry (to where there is no more water at all)
but the pot will be nice and light. The leaves will not droop down but look tired if you let it get too dry.
After you water the pot will be heavy - wait till it has only about %20 of that weight until you water again.
Some strains like it drier then others but the foliage will tell you everything you need to know.

EDIT: your light height sounds just right! They would be burning otherwise. LED can bleach out a plant pretty easily and can burn the tips - it will look like a nute burn or a cal/mag deficiency.
take a look here:
light burn
bleaching

I had that happen a few times and it took forever to figure out what it was lol - raised my lights and had no issue since. The buds I have furthest away from the lights (even in the corners) usually turn out the dankest.

Last edited:
looking forward to watching these girls flower.
Watch out for the bushy one and defoliate evry now and again so she doesn't get mold. Dense plants like that are more susceptible to mold/fungus issues.
I noticed your girls looks really good in later flower! Good job man.

thenewstyle

looking forward to watching these girls flower.
Watch out for the bushy one and defoliate evry now and again so she doesn't get mold. Dense plants like that are more susceptible to mold/fungus issues.
I noticed your girls looks really good in later flower! Good job man.

Thanks for the tips :smoke:

I plan to do a heavy defoliation on the scoutbreath, ive been reading about the schwazze method. Its a technique where they strip every fan leaf right before the flip to flow, im going to try something similar but not so extreme. :comfort:

heres a little timelapse of the last 2 weeks

http://i.imgur.com/GnRdTfv.mp4

thenewstyle

little update

huI2SVU.png

Dark Aliens stems are all turning purple, not sure if its genetic or a deficiency but she seems to be growing fine. Shes so ready to flower just waiting for the other girls to catch up.

Scoutbreath got another little haircut and tied down a little tighter. Ill be training this one out similar to the previous Cookies kush grow.

Ninja fruit is coming up quick! i micro topped it a few days ago after the 2nd node. The first true leaf came out with a webbed leaf, i thought that was pretty cool :D. The four bud sites are just starting to form so ill be able to start training them out soon.

I also threw in a B-Witched seed to do a little test 12/12 from seed run.