What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

End of the Rainbow, The Leprechaun's Pot O Gold

Riddleme

Hello ICMAG,

I have been posting on forums for several years and growing for a lot more. As I near retirement age, I realize this is way more than a hobby for me. I am one of those guys that has done time for our plant, 3 years for 3 oz's back in the 80's.

I joined here to share my research and experiments in my quest for True Early Amber which most young-uns are not even aware of. It is a rare genetic trait found in high potency Sativas and I have found it in several strains and bred it into 5, by using simple tweaks in my garden.

After posting the info here, a member suggested I do a grow journal to share how I grow as I tend to not follow any of the stuff you find in most forums and I do things a lot differently than most. I decided I would try and do that but wanna say up front that in no way am I sayin my ways are better and I'm not here to argue about any of em lol. Just wanna share and what folks do with the info is up to them ? I am happy to answer questions !

Differently you say lol, I flower with T5's that are 2 feet (or more) off the canopy. My room is not sealed, I don't worry about light leaks, I have never owned a scrubber, my plants never stink. I feed till the end and don't flush, I use cheap chem nutes. I dry in compost piles in a fermentation chamber that I invented or by simply lettin em die on the vine usin a technique I named Brown Bushin, few will ever do it as it takes 2 months but the results are awesome so I do it all the time.

I have been breedin for many years and have made some awesome strains. My gear is not in any seedbanks but is growing all over the world because folks visit me and I give em beans :) Is a blast to live in Colorado and get to see all the changes that are happening.

For medium I use Al Tapla's gritty mix which is a 50/50 mix of peat and calcined clay (turface or kitty liter). My lights are not conventional grow lights, my fixtures are Qracle High Bays and I have my spectrum dialed in with various bulbs 8 GE 4100k, 4 plantmax 6500K, 3 ATI True Actinic (UVB), and 3 ATI Coral Plus (deep Blue). My nutes are Jack's Citrus FeED 20-10-20 and Jack's Aquagold Finisher 7-15-30. I supplement with gypsum (calcium sulfate) epsom (magnesium sulfate) and potassium sulfate. I make sure my plants get plenty of sulfur as it is the key to high potency, The Citrus has 4.9% sulfur and the Aquagold has 9% sulfur. There is no toxic problem using sulfates and they are readily available to the plants.

I use different light timings, my veg room runs what they call Gaslight veg or 12/1 and in flower I run 6.5 on, .5 off, 4 on, 13 off. I do this to limit the effects of midday depression.

My current grow is a breeding run with several different strains, the first pic I made last week has the names of the strains and the second pic was taken this morning. And this Journal is off and running.

Attachments

• S_SAM_2678a.jpg
    S_SAM_2678a.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 69
  • S_SAM_2699.jpg
    S_SAM_2699.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 69

Riddleme

3 of the strains in the pic are mine, so to name the abbreviations for you ,,,

the AME = Amethyst

the CTF = Colorado Thunderfuck

the TE = Thunder Express

the 2 Mutts are seeds I found in the bottom of my drying chamber :)

Riddleme

The boys for this breeding run are ,,,,

My Holy Diver

My Namaste

My Colorado Thunderfuck

my Thunder Express

a Northern Lights #1 (original 80's)

a G13 X Hash Plant

Attachments

• S_SAM_2718.jpg
    S_SAM_2718.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 63

Riddleme

If you look to the right in the whole garden pic, you see a Durban Poison land race. I have crossed her to my CTF gonna call it Durban Thunder. I boiled her a few days ago gonna chop her tomorrow. When plants are done in my garden, I water em with boiling water. This does several things, cleans and sterilizes the medium so I can reuse it. This is the 37th grow on this single bail of peat. Kills the roots and deprives the plant of O2 so natural fermentation begins (all plants do this) which speeds up the cure by 7 to 10 days.

This is one of the strains I have brought out early amber in, she showed in week 6, I took her to week 10 and these pics were taken this morning. She is well over 50% amber but it is the good amber :)

Attachments

• durwk10a.jpg
    durwk10a.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 54
  • durwk10b.jpg
    durwk10b.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 54
  • S_SAM_2697.jpg
    S_SAM_2697.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 59
  • durwk10.jpg
    durwk10.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 51

Riddleme

a couple of cropped closeups of the Durban

Attachments

• durwk10d.jpg
    durwk10d.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 51
  • durwk10c.jpg
    durwk10c.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 46

Riddleme

Most of these plants just finished week 3 of flower, today is the beginning of week 4. This is my Amethyst as of this morning

Attachments

• amwk4.jpg
    amwk4.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 51
  • S_SAM_2728.jpg
    S_SAM_2728.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 42

Riddleme

And here is my Thunder Express as of this morning after 3 weeks of flower

Attachments

• tewk4.jpg
    tewk4.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 54
  • S_SAM_2725.jpg
    S_SAM_2725.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 50

JACKBAYBEH

Wow man,
Very nice plants and some interesting methods.
Will be following along here, no doubt.
Would definitely like to hear/see more of that 80's NL #1 and any crosses you've made to her. Still one of my all time favs. First "kind" strain I ever smoked back in 91. Respect :tiphat:

Riddleme

This is the C99 after 3 weeks in flower, she is lookin real good, a very heavy yielder

Attachments

• c99wk4.jpg
    c99wk4.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 43
  • S_SAM_2695.jpg
    S_SAM_2695.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 47

Riddleme

Wow man,
Very nice plants and some interesting methods.
Will be following along here, no doubt.
Would definitely like to hear/see more of that 80's NL #1 and any crosses you've made to her. Still one of my all time favs. First "kind" strain I ever smoked back in 91. Respect :tiphat:

Thank You !!!

I used her (NL #1) to make my first ever strain which was STP (Stop the Pain) took 3 years and includes several genetics,

NL #1
NL Special
GDP
Big Bud
Purle Erkle

here is pic of STP from a recent grow

Attachments

• happy.jpg
    happy.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 55

Riddleme

Here are the harvest pics of that STP plant

Attachments

• S_SAM_0067.jpg
    S_SAM_0067.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 57
  • S_SAM_0607.jpg
    S_SAM_0607.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 56

JACKBAYBEH

Impressive. Nice pedigree in that one. I'd be willing to bet that she lives up to her moniker.
Keep'em coming man. I'm enjoying the show.

Riddleme

Impressive. Nice pedigree in that one. I'd be willing to bet that she lives up to her moniker.
Keep'em coming man. I'm enjoying the show.

Yeppers, she kills pain dead in its tracks lol and is my lowest tested THC plant at 21%

The show will go on as I am trying to get to 50 post so I can add my avatar lol

Riddleme

I call my light setup the Tanning Booth, here are pics of the first grow after I set it up, this was before tweaking the spectrum and all the bulbs are GE 4100K's which have blue and red peaks right where plants like em

Attachments

• tb2.jpg
    tb2.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 49
  • tb.jpg
    tb.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 52

Riddleme

This is what the lights look like now after tweakin the spectrum. 2nd pic is my veg light

Attachments

• S_SAM_2203.jpg
    S_SAM_2203.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 44
  • S_SAM_2202.jpg
    S_SAM_2202.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 47

Riddleme

This is a pic showing how my reflectors parsed the photons from my camera flash, it is one of my fav pics :)

Attachments

• photon2.jpg
    photon2.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 49

Riddleme

Still can't add Avatar? Oh well guess we're waiting on something

As for the Early amber thing here is a pic of my CTF in week 5 of flower at over 50% amber

Attachments

• w52.jpg
    w52.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 46

Riddleme

And here is my CTF at 9 weeks right before harvest at over 90% amber. She is an awesome plant, tested 25% THC with 5% CBD is a creeper that takes an hour to peak, has a limitless ceiling and is a trippy up get stuff done kinda high with no couchlock, no tolerance issues and one or two bong rips will get ya there

Last week I had 3 people tell me my buds were better than dabs lol

Attachments

• ctf1.jpg
    ctf1.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 48
  • ctf3.jpg
    ctf3.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 51

Riddleme

Here is a shot showing how my garden is a wide open space in my basement the fan is at the doorway pullin fresh air from above and is 12 feet from the plants

Attachments

• S_SAM_1769.jpg
    S_SAM_1769.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 47

Latest posts

Latest posts