What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

orient express

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Lilly456 said:
The Orient Express was my favorite weed of all time.I've blabbed it all before but more people have asked for that OE than anything else I've had, or at least as much especially for such a sativa dominant earthy non skunk type of plant.It really has it entirely own thing going on.The worst conditions can't hurt those plants.Very nice OE you have there, I have no doubts you'll love it.Peace, Chaco. :joint: :joint: :joint:

Thanks Lilly,

Your comment is very apreciated. Indeed Orient Express is a very tasty and aromatic plant, as you said on its own thing. Skunk is probably the most aromatic true breeding sat/ind hybrid and base for many dutch aromas .... Orient Express is different, aroma is like high quality fermented compost and taste is deep and long lasting, hashy and earthy.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
mriko said:
MY OE is gone wail wail !

I cut it on the 17th, after I had already cut a few buds for sampling eheh.
Alas I can't give a complete report as I didn't let it mature, so I had only a fraction of the effect and flavours.
She has strong perfume, one sample bud put to dry on my modem filled the living room with a lovely peppery ganja scent. I went out once to visit a friend with a zip-locked small bud in my waist pocket and the thing was just reeking through the plastic, even in the outside, the perfume was filling my nostrils.
scent were of pepper with root and fermented fruit hints, slightly acidity as well.
Even though uncured, the effect was great. I especailly enjoyed it in the very morning. Gave me a nice relaxed buzz, but still keeping me active. Great wake and bake smoke !
dry harvest was about a quarter ounce or something (12/12 from seed in one and half liter bottles). She lacked some nutes at some points, will do better next time eheh.

Hey the Daddy I have which was moved outside actually stopped producing male flowers and is now making only females ! hurra ! I hope it will keep going that way !

Thanks for the harvest report mriko! :smile:

Looks like she yielded some nice flowers for the short size and flowering time :wink: Im glad the first uncured smoking tests have been postive. Im sure you are going to enjoy her a lot after some curing.

Best wishes friend and thanks for stopping by!

cyburnt

These look delicious

These look delicious

:canabis:I will enjoy crossing them with Gypsy's Khmer Gold :sasmokin: Thanx for the beans :respect:

De La Luz

Here is a shot of a cola from the tall branchy pheno at 8 weeks. I'm gonna let her go another week or so. Scent is very earthy. Her heavy buds have snapped a few branches due to weight already. Nice resin content as well.

:joint: Looking forward to getting to know her better

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks De La Luz for share it :smile:

I thought it was a recessive tall and long flowering VB pheno (you need to grow aprox 20 orient express to find one). But seeing flowering structure and flowering time looks more chinese influenced. I'm glad she's giving you a nice yield!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Looks very healthy De La Luz! :smile:

How is your soil mix? What kind of ferts?

De La Luz

dubi said:
Looks very healthy De La Luz! :smile:

How is your soil mix? What kind of ferts?

Hola dubi,
My soil mix is a combination of promix (peat-based professional growing medium, contains perlite and vermiculite and lime plus some organic beneficials)
extra worm castings, coco, bat guano. mixed into a medium weight.

I use organic ferts as well with extra fulvic, humic acid. mostly the advanced nutrients organic line but I do supplement with a couple of their non-organic products (big bud & overdrive , used just a bit during mid and late flowering)

KnowBudz

I just discovered Ace Seeds and am very impressed! I came of age in the early 70's and cut my teeth on the herb brought to town by our older brothers, many of whom were returning from Viet Nam. To this day, I have yet to find weed that is anywhere close to the best I ever tried: a Viet Namese. A close second were the Thai Sticks.
I am looking for a strain or two to send to a grower friend who grows indoors in soil. It sounds like the Orient Express would be just the thing.
Do any of you experienced Ace growers have any advice or recommendations for a newbie to this seed line? I appreciate your time!
Tom

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
De La Luz said:
Hola dubi,
My soil mix is a combination of promix (peat-based professional growing medium, contains perlite and vermiculite and lime plus some organic beneficials)
extra worm castings, coco, bat guano. mixed into a medium weight.

I use organic ferts as well with extra fulvic, humic acid. mostly the advanced nutrients organic line but I do supplement with a couple of their non-organic products (big bud & overdrive , used just a bit during mid and late flowering)

Buenos dias De La Luz, :smile:

We use a very similar soil mix. I like fulvic acid, it has been used in traditional agriculture for a long time. It helps benefitial soil bacteria to progress and multiply.

I have never tried big bud or overdrive. Are they fine?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
KnowBudz said:
I just discovered Ace Seeds and am very impressed! I came of age in the early 70's and cut my teeth on the herb brought to town by our older brothers, many of whom were returning from Viet Nam. To this day, I have yet to find weed that is anywhere close to the best I ever tried: a Viet Namese. A close second were the Thai Sticks.
I am looking for a strain or two to send to a grower friend who grows indoors in soil. It sounds like the Orient Express would be just the thing.
Do any of you experienced Ace growers have any advice or recommendations for a newbie to this seed line? I appreciate your time!
Tom

Thanks for your words Tom!

Orient Express tastes and hits like our selected Vietnam Black mother. But yield is very high and flowers fast indoors with chinese indica dominant structure. I'd recommend you give them plenty of natural nutrients and strong organic feeding. Avoid new era flowering fertilzers with hormones and light peaks at flowering time. She is very easy to grow, good for first timers.

Hi Dubi,

I was wondering about the Viet nam black mother that you use for the OE. The OE is low anxiety but from everyone that has tried Viet black its high anxiety crazy weed. Is the cross with the Yunnan causing the lower anxiety effects or did you just happen to find a low anxiety Viet black female? Thanks for your time.

Mota

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Mota de Dios said:
Hi Dubi,

I was wondering about the Viet nam black mother that you use for the OE. The OE is low anxiety but from everyone that has tried Viet black its high anxiety crazy weed. Is the cross with the Yunnan causing the lower anxiety effects or did you just happen to find a low anxiety Viet black female? Thanks for your time.

Mota

Our selected VB mother is not an anxious sativa. Indeed Orient Express social and low anxiety effect comes from the VB mother and not the chinese. Aroma and taste is more related to VB mother too. Chinese only reduces hybrid flowering time, size, stretching and improves hybrid indoor adaptability but it's not dominant for other traits.

I hope it helps. dubi

scaramanga

Hi Dubi, Just got a pack of OE and will be doing some selected cuts outdoors next season. I was wondering if you had any pictures of them being grown Guerilla style(i.e. not in someone's garden)?
I saw the pictures Alaskind had in his garden and they look like they could be very large under the proper conditions.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
scaramanga said:
Hi Dubi, Just got a pack of OE and will be doing some selected cuts outdoors next season. I was wondering if you had any pictures of them being grown Guerilla style(i.e. not in someone's garden)?
I saw the pictures Alaskind had in his garden and they look like they could be very large under the proper conditions.

High scaramanga,

We havent got Orient Express pics grown guerrilla style but i think raco posted a few OE guerrilla pics grown in north of Spain.

OE always has a high yield/size ratio. If you move selected clones outdoors around late May/early June, you will harvest good sized plants, around 2 x 2 meter plants under good-perfect conditions or main cola plants under stressful conditions. If you grow her from seed like alasking did,then youll get a HUGE yield at the end of the season.

Last edited:

ker2noir

Hello
Here are two pics from my OE clone in 2006.
Finishing 10 october (42 L) under 5 hours of full sun a day, the plant give me around 9oz. 1.4M tall
Hope that help :wave:

scaramanga

Ker2noir, excellent pics. It looks quite happy out in the forest. Thanks for the info on the finishing date, it should finish just in time for me. Did you amend the soil or just drop it straight in?

Dubi, you wrote that they have mail(male?) cola plants under stressful conditions. Does that mean that they have a tendency to produce male flowers(nanners) under times of stress; a trait from the Yunnan perhaps? Perdon, pero no pude entender la frase.
Scaramanga.

Latest posts

Latest posts