What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is Kratom still legal in UK?

Hubbleman

Veteran
The UK Psychoactive Substances Act came into affect on the 26th May 2016. What a lot of people do not know is that kratom is still 100% legal in the UK. The Psychoactive Substances Act is a very broad legislation to cover many substances. Its primary aim is to stop the distribution of synthetic legal highs. Kratom’s legal status never changed and is not affected by the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971. You can legally have Kratom in your possession without fear of prosecution.

:chin:

Is the above correct ??

Zitz

I'm not sure either, something like the vendors can't sell in u.k, so they all moved to eu or elsewhere, but they still ship to uk. So who knows lol.

Hubbleman

Veteran
Did some digging...

The growth in psychoactive substance misuse coincided with the emergence of synthetic substances onto the UK market around 2008/9. The undoubted focus of this Bill is on those products. However, some natural psychoactive substances are of course harmful (e.g. Ibogaine and Kratom) and if the Bill only covers synthetic products, the market may be driven towards natural products, or claimed natural products, more generally. I therefore have no desire to create this loophole and drive this market, just as the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 has done with synthetic substances with new substances emerging which have been designed to evade controls.
-- Letter from Theresa May (as Home Secretary) to the chair of the ACMD, 27th October 2015.

it appears that the vendor in question either hasn't done his homework , had poor legal advice or is responsible for some foul play , imo. Not 100% certain , but the site appears to be located in Canada despite appearing to be UK based .
Another popular ethno vendor that moved to Canada from UK after May 2016 seems to have now closed indefinitely due to undisclosed circumstances. (Maybe sales are poor?) , if that also applies to the other ex-UK vendor , then maybe they are trying to drum up business and hoodwinking unaware UK kratom enthusiasts into an illegal purchase , with total disregard for the customer's legal welfare.
I would say with 99% certainty that kratom is totally covered by the 2016 PSA. And not worth the 1% risk

Weak sauce bros, its not legal :(

St. Phatty

What's the Kratom effect on humans ?

I've been reading about people drinking anti-diarrheal meds because they have some opioid-similar compounds.

MedFaced

What's the Kratom effect on humans ?

I've been reading about people drinking anti-diarrheal meds because they have some opioid-similar compounds.

I took a small dose yesterday for the first time. It tastes horrible and made my stomach feel a little noxious. When that passed, I felt calm and good. Didn’t get all chatty like some describe, didn’t blast off into a mode of doing one choir after the next, but the fatigue I normally feel was gone for a few hours. Need to play a little more to see if it’s for me. My opinion now is that I could easily do without. But I’ll keep working at it—for science!