What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

$20,000 Clone

Manstien

Sup IC.

What's the most you guys seen someone pay for a clone? and what strain was it?

Not to add a monetary value to a plant but is there any cut you would pay $1000 for?

I'd probably pay 1000 for forum cut if I wasn't broke and spent my last money on relentless seeds lol..

:tiphat:

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Somebody's been readin he description for Bodhi's Goji Og, lol. But back on topic. I would pay a grand for a legit cut of Chem 91' SKVA.

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
The best way to get what you want it to get something worthwhile and keep trading til you can get what you're after or sometimes things just fall in your lap when you least expect it, it has happened to me. I probably wouldn't pay for anything, most stuff can be procured by trade or free. Aside from a handful of clones most stuff has been whored out to hell, I think the more a clone has been whored out the less its value. Scarcity + demand = value. Gone are those days when clones were so hard to get, now it seems most just get online, kiss some asses and in a few weeks they have what ever they want.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Touchy subject. ... not gonna say what been spent on genetics but 1000 is low 20000 is high depending on what when n who

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Idk id drop a few stacks for legit rks.... its the only thing im missing...
Funny 91mentioned seems like its everyones most sought after strain..i dont know why.... imo ur all gonna be let down... theres better out there..

1TWISTEDTRUCKER

Veteran
I heard a 10K for a GG #4. We all know The Man aint selling it. all sorts of fuckery in this GREED filled World!

Twisted

Tom Hill

Veteran
i payed $5000 for a seeded pound of monkey balls back in the day. btw that was a lot at the time.

1TWISTEDTRUCKER

Veteran
$10-20K for the RIGHT clone, in the hands of an exellent grower,,,,, Of course it's an investment, and as such will recover the initial investment.
I guess that I'm an Idealist when it comes to The Tree of Life. It just feels wrong to have to pay that much.

Twisted

Manstien

I always thought of it as an investment

some people will put it to good use

some will hoard

some will make alot of money

In simple terms, would you pay $20,000 for a cut that produces 2lb a light of quality above TK, sfv or similiar elites in 60 days? Imagine that ;) Imagine if it made the best extracts for patients....theres so many gems out there...don't let 'em slip through your fingers homies!!

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
I know a guy in LA who paid 10,000 dollars for Pre-98 Bubba Kush cut, back in the 1990's. He had several indoor grows.

imagine how much money he made growing that strain in los angeles for a decade back when kush was going for 6-8k per unit. To be fair, it was consistently, for years, the best Bubba i've ever seen to this day. small dark-purple dense sticky golfballs. I lost touch with that guy but man i miss that weed.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
I can think of about 4 strains that I have grown over the last 46 years that I would pay a tidy sum to have back:

1.) I would love to have a particular Thai Stick I grew back in the early 80s. It was my first crop under halides. I had no idea how lucky I was to have the genetics, and to have grown it decently well. I was too stupid to not stress about how it took about twice as long as my 8 week plants, and produced one quarter as much. When I find Thai strains now, if I'm lucky enough, they take 6 to 9 months at a minumum, the buds foxtail a crazy amount, and don't turn out anywhere near as good!

2.) I had some kind of weird, possibly auto-flowering, plant that was as good as the Thai Stick and was ripe in 5 to 6 weeks. It was called "Train-wreck" but it was not what everybody else calls Train-Wreck from Arcata. It tasted like grass clippings, but man did it have the kick and the high lasted for 4 -6 hours. It had small red hair buds. Because of the quick turnover indoors, it was very productive. Most people did not like it because of the taste. I did not care. I dearly miss that crystal clear trippy energetic high.

3.) For breeding purposes, I would love to have back a very early flowering outdoor NLD plant named Seeing God that was ripe the second to third week of September at 42 degrees north. It had great combination of earliness, good peppery taste, and potent cerebral effect.

4.) Another strain a think about often was powerfully smelling and good tasting strain named Pine Cone. It was a terrible producer but had beautiful medium sized pine cone shaped buds at the end of each branch. It tasted piney and was super resinous. It had a powerful paranoia inducing effect when I grew it. Now I know that I should have played around with how ripe to let it get. I never grew it outdoors so I don't know about ripening date, but it looked like an a WLD cross. It had leaves where the outside leaflets curved inwards towards the middle leaflet.

There was a plant I had that would be probably the most commercially viable in today's world, named Purple Bud. It was the best tasting and most expansive on the lungs of any buds I have ever grown. It tasted like honey oil. I would not pay much for it, but it would be the most easily marketable. I'm not smart enough to grow something so marketable. It was good bud, but not even in the top 25 of strains I have grown with regards to effect. I'll never forget the taste.
:biggrin:

ThaiBliss

N

NewAgeGenetics

I'd pay 1 k for my 2002 Critical Mass (from yellow pack). it had hash smell, not fruit. totally different than now.

jackel

4.) Another strain a think about often was powerfully smelling and good tasting strain named Pine Cone. It was a terrible producer but had beautiful medium sized pine cone shaped buds at the end of each branch. It tasted piney and was super resinous. It had a powerful paranoia inducing effect when I grew it. Now I know that I should have played around with how ripe to let it get. I never grew it outdoors so I don't know about ripening date, but it looked like an a WLD cross. It had leaves where the outside leaflets curved inwards towards the middle leaflet.

There was a plant I had that would be probably the most commercially viable in today's world, named Purple Bud. It was the best tasting and most expansive on the lungs of any buds I have ever grown. It tasted like honey oil. I would not pay much for it, but it would be the most easily marketable. I'm not smart enough to grow something so marketable. It was good bud, but not even in the top 25 of strains I have grown with regards to effect. I'll never forget the taste.
:biggrin:

ThaiBliss

is this any relation to "purple Pine Cone" from sagarmartha ? i got a pack of this last year n havent grown it.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Gather round for I have news!

I have the most incredible kickass nutrient system for only a stack of cash!!!

Step on up....

I've created a light that will grow twice as many buds AND look through women's sweaters!!!

No it's ok, just pile the money up in that box....

As I was saying... Just one pinch of this special "fairy dust" will give you the perfect cure every cure.

Make any money orders out to Ima Nothajackass.

Bleed people for money because they have dreams.

Shame on you.

:nono:

Trade.

It assures you a better quality of character and doesn't make you look like you assume you can buy responsibility.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The only Cultivar I have not been able to locate is the real Skunk from 1980. I would pay 1k for that. I would be able to make 100k of her in a week.