What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Another Crappy Day in Paradise..... Do it Again.

Dirtboy808

Veteran
Us peanut gang in Hilo have been playing with So Ca MK x Molokai Frost F2 going and will run some this summer.

Last edited:

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Now, let's move on to the pile of shit we are trying to dance around. There was only one, that's the only good thing I can say about that. I sure hope there weren't too many of those. Maybe an F is too harsh. Only the bottom was seeded. The top actually looked yummy. And we gotta grade up too, because it didn't hit everything around it, just itself, how that happened I have no clue. You know, come to think about it, a real grower would have caught those naners early too. Blame that on me. My error is gonna trash your score. Oh well... sucks to be you

When you called me about this one, I was dumbfounded. At first, I thought it was gonna be seeded how the Skunkdawg seeds itself (with the Calyxes at the Nodes holding a single selfed seed). Then you took me out back. Only the bottom. And only that one plant. Which was 24", maybe 36" from its sibling.... which had no signs of being seeded at all!

But lets look at it....

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Fuck man!!!! thats almost good looking plant!!!!! WTF!!!!

I was wondering if it had anything to do with the increasing hours of daylight we've been getting as winter is moving into spring? Maybe going from short days to long days isn't good for this particular cross i.e. maybe it needs to have a strict constant/consistant 12/12 light cycle to bloom properly. Maybe its just gonna perform better and optimally inside?

And then I started thinking about the male used. Was he faulty? I have other crosses from the same male (Valley & SCMK/B f2s) going into week 7 that currently look "fine" and dont have any indication of hermie flower or seeds. I don't think the problem is from the male.... and from other breedings done with the skunkdawg (i.e. scogi), this isn't anything anyone finds in other skunkdawg crosses. I dont think any blame is on the genetics here.

And i started thinking about all the osmocote i saw under the canopies of each plant. there was more osmocote than perlite. i dont know if thats normal or ideal... but i also noticed that the fan leaves of those plants were not laying out flat to catch the suns rays - they were more turned up at the sky... as if they were asking for help. You cans see it clearly in the first picture of this post... thats not the picture of a happy plant. you have other plants in the garden that are happy campers... this was not a happy camper seeding itself

and then i started thinking about Casper's garden
and the broad mites.
BRAOD MITES!
You neglected to notice you had broad mites!
and the population exploded on you. AND THEN CASPER.

So i started thinking how can you not notice broad mites? Who doesnt notice?
Maybe the guy that didn't realize he over fertilized his plants with time release when he planted them...Maybe the guy who doesnt realize the flood light over the bathroom window has been "on" for 3 weeks and its shining right into the gulch at night interrupting the dark cycle for a plant...
apparently there can be more than one guy! hahahaha

but basically......

if it happened at a more frequent rate than 1/20 then maybe we can start looking elsewhere as the cause of hermie traits.
Until then...

I think the plant seeded itself as a direct result of grower error....

Muad' Dib

Hi mates, excuse me if I get into these private matters but this already happened to me sometime but using clones, just not seeds... And I came to the conclusion of that was for different motives. Light pollution, several variations on the pH, too much hot temperatures, pests, etc. I'm not consider myself a bad grower but things happen. Much support.

Anyways I would not discard some polinitation by a male from a neighbourg or a low rate of hermies in the descendants of that male.

Sorry for the interference.

Best vibes.

oldhaole

Veteran
Watch Out! The Peanut Gallery is Collecting Rocks!

Watch Out! The Peanut Gallery is Collecting Rocks!

When you called me about this one, I was dumbfounded. At first, I thought it was gonna be seeded how the Skunkdawg seeds itself (with the Calyxes at the Nodes holding a single selfed seed). Then you took me out back. Only the bottom. And only that one plant. Which was 24", maybe 36" from its sibling.... which had no signs of being seeded at all!

But lets look at it....

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

Fuck man!!!! thats almost good looking plant!!!!! WTF!!!!

I was wondering if it had anything to do with the increasing hours of daylight we've been getting as winter is moving into spring? Maybe going from short days to long days isn't good for this particular cross i.e. maybe it needs to have a strict constant/consistant 12/12 light cycle to bloom properly. Maybe its just gonna perform better and optimally inside?

And then I started thinking about the male used. Was he faulty? I have other crosses from the same male (Valley & SCMK/B f2s) going into week 7 that currently look "fine" and dont have any indication of hermie flower or seeds. I don't think the problem is from the male.... and from other breedings done with the skunkdawg (i.e. scogi), this isn't anything anyone finds in other skunkdawg crosses. I dont think any blame is on the genetics here.

And i started thinking about all the osmocote i saw under the canopies of each plant. there was more osmocote than perlite. i dont know if thats normal or ideal... but i also noticed that the fan leaves of those plants were not laying out flat to catch the suns rays - they were more turned up at the sky... as if they were asking for help. You cans see it clearly in the first picture of this post... thats not the picture of a happy plant. you have other plants in the garden that are happy campers... this was not a happy camper seeding itself

and then i started thinking about Casper's garden
and the broad mites.
BRAOD MITES!
You neglected to notice you had broad mites!
and the population exploded on you. AND THEN CASPER.

So i started thinking how can you not notice broad mites? Who doesnt notice?
Maybe the guy that didn't realize he over fertilized his plants with time release when he planted them...Maybe the guy who doesnt realize the flood light over the bathroom window has been "on" for 3 weeks and its shining right into the gulch at night interrupting the dark cycle for a plant...
apparently there can be more than one guy! hahahaha

but basically......

if it happened at a more frequent rate than 1/20 then maybe we can start looking elsewhere as the cause of hermie traits.
Until then...

I think the plant seeded itself as a direct result of grower error....

Wow....

It really didn't hurt that much.... at least it was over quick. Couple of quick thumps, then pau.... all you smell is the diesel. Still, it's not like this is the first time, but, all in all, I'd rather be the chucker than the chuckee.

It feels good too, doesn't it? The perfect reply, written earlier, saved, then sharpened with time, just the right amount of sarcasam, flavered with a tiny pinch of Igottcha. Welcome to my world.....

You realise, of course, next move is mine, This opens up many different ways to reply.... choises must be made. Some ground we won't have time to cover.

First off, Let's just give you the obvious. There are just some things I am not familiar with. The first is buying seeds. I've NEVER paid a red cent on a seed. EVER. So, you guys that have, and it's not like I haven't read all about it, the question is; Should every seed sprout, and should every plant be a keeper?

In my role as the East German judge, you heard what I think. *** let's break right here. If that last comment, went over your head you're too young to be reading this***

Or, the question looked at from a different angle, is just because some money is put down, is perfection expected? Granted, I made a few mistakes, all of the twenty cracked, that's perfection. The idea to cull most was my, and my alone mistake/decision. There was nothing wrong with what I killed. Looking back, I would have done just as good keeping your SCMxSKDG, and culling some of my no yield Scogis'. So you had nothing to do with my four out of 20 sample.

And I have seen the other samples you grew. No problems there. You are correct, mine was the only problem child in the bunch. Obviously, as I POINTED OUT IN MY FIRST POST..... Must have been grower error. So, we agree.

But.....

Sorry, You don't get to slap the grower, and pat yourself on the back with the same hand in the same motion/post. Either all four suck, thanks to "grower error".... if you want to fish in that lake, be my guest..... or..... all four are fantastic, thanks to your breeding ability. You seem to be leaning in that direction, and to be honest I hear you. I will go down that road. But you can't be like wifey and take credit for great, while pushing off responibility for ugly onto me. You get one or the other. Gotta pick. On to other things, while we wait.

Those curled up leaves? You probably don't know this, since you have a roof, but the constant heat from the sunlight up here will melt the crystals every day, then like ice, the cool night refreezes them into a solid sheet, much like glass. The THC thaw/freeze cycle will pull the leaves cupshape. You are so right, that plant looks like shit. My bad....or is it yours? Hurry up and get back to us on that.

Oh yes, the Osmicote....

I don't know wheather to be ashamed or proud. Fuck it. I love the stuff, but after three months those little pellets are empty. So you really have no idea how much I use by looking at the ground. Most of what you saw was spent. Unlike you, I don't throw away the ground after the plant is gone.

picture.php

Next time? Trash bag it.

We've discussed this. My trip, and your trip are two different animals. You are the equivelent to a fine French Resturaunt. From setting the table, menu, service, drinks, wine, all that shit, Dude, You are in charge of everything. You need a white board and schedules. A big job, the diners are French, so they are..... be nice.... picky. Mess one thing up, you lose stars from the resturaunt guide.

Point is you gotta be perfect.

Me? Take a good look at my little avitar. That says it all. I run the fuckin' Chuck Wagon. All the Osmicote you can eat, plus whatever fell off the truck, with todays special being whatever I want to cook. It's all over on that table over there, called a buffet, now stand your ass up and dig in. If you don't like it, feel free to wither and die.

What else?

Oh yes.... The Borg.

Frankly, now I know what the fool on Jerry Springer feels like, when they scream "Oldhaole! You ARE the father!"

Gee Thanks.

Yea, I fucked up. But it ain't like this is the first time I've seen the Borg. Every year they pop up. An outdoor/indoor trip? You will bring some nasty shit in with you. Always. On the other side of that coin, you also bring in the natural predators of all that ugly shit in too. And in an outdoor trip, nature usually will take care of the small shit that rips through an indoor grow. Leave your starts out in a hard rain. Just about everything that flies will be dead afterwards.

To make matters worse, I misiddentified the problem. I thought the natural killer of the Borg, a millipede that bloomed right behind the gnats, WAS the problem. So I took great pleasure in killing all the millipedes that if left alone, would have brought the gnat bloom to a screaching halt.... or at least under control. Not one mistake, but two were made. Stupid thing was that I have seen this many times before, but just never made the connection.

The gnats will all be dead by tonight, so it won't matter. The bump in the clone schedule may just incourage me to run over to my partners place and get into his seed collection. I betcha I would get a lot more hits here if we threw some old style 12 foot trees that yield pounds from the dark ages at you. Try some shit that hasn't seen the light of day for decades.

One door closes another opens.

And poor Casper. Nothing says friend like giving your pal the Borg. But in my defense, ANYTIME I give anyone a clone it comes with a disclaimer. That goes somthing like this;

This clone has every desease known to mankind hitchiking along with it. Isolate it. Disenfect it. You have been warned.

Both you and Casper were given that warning. What can I say? My thoughts are, after seeing where he is..... Casper will do just fine, he got on it quick, and it won't even put a bump in the whiteboard schedule.

One last thing Magellen. That pic of my garden? Some sense of direction you have! That's looking West, not East.

Just saying....

And that crack about thats why you are a breeder and I'm not? That was a bit too harsh. You actually did a damn good job on these. I owe you an apoligy for that..... put it on my bill.

SurfdOut

Veteran
The plant leafs turned upward is generally a good sign. Praying for magnesium is a different look as is canoeing.

kalopatchkid

Veteran
Man, plenty people getting the Borg this year. Heard of a couple others on Maui and Oahu dealing with them recently.

Casper808

Yep kalopa pain in da okole.hit em wit avid waited 3 days hit em again,waited 3 days hit em wit floromite.now gonna try forbid on Monday ....look a little better,but cannot take cuts in this state.either will work or kill em all and start again.alohaz

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran
Ratz!
Thought it was just Kona side.
Got clouds of whitefly and they laugh at no pest strips.
Gonna throw some OG biowar foliar at 'em.
Then shake n shopvac just to see some die.

It's always somethin'

Aloha,
Weeze

soserthc1

Out break or out broke a mite thread
But while were on the topic , them fuckers are not just chillin in paradise !!!
Been busting my balls on this coast also , hours upon , hours cleaning every damn leaf
Got me scared to death of my scope , got me scratching my head as i type this thinkin the there on me. Seem to be winning today but I have been here before....tomorrow I'll be wanting to tear down. About to order up some more bio war feel like I'm putting caps kids thru college
Guess no one said this shit was always gonna be easy
Carry on ...needed to vent
Good luck

soserthc1

Shit sucks , got be persistent with the applications for any relief and don't allow yourself to think you won only sets you up for disappointment
My yields have been cut in half , things seemed and I stress seemed to be getting back to normal yesterday

There ain't to rest for wicked
Money don't grow on trees ( kinda does)
I got bills to pay , I got mouths to feed
Nothing in this world comes for free