What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Damn it stinks in here!

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It would be good to see more Rare Dankness work from time to time. I know they are big in Colorado, but you never see the flowers or the keepers or hear much...

Wonder why?

dank.Frank

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It would be good to see more Rare Dankness work from time to time. I know they are big in Colorado, but you never see the flowers or the keepers or hear much...

Wonder why?

dank.Frank

Maybe they're bigger in Europe?

Seems like they have no presence here in the states. And no US distributors of their seeds according to their website.

I know I won't buy seeds from Europe anymore. Why bother? Plenty of great seedbanks here in the US now so no more customs worries.

Fitzera

Wonder why?

dank.Frank

I wont buy their gear anymore. I reached (no pun) out to reach for a simple question regarding their ghost train haze when I was trying it out. The response I got was incredibly rude, of no help whatsoever and then i was reminded that "I grow thousands of plants a year equating to roughly 7 tons of dried flower". Ok pal, I didnt attack you, I wasnt questioning you or measuring dicks.

nickman

Veteran
That GTH is looking proper

Yeah she definitely is ...!!!... very proper ...!!!...

Looks very chunky...

I’ve always wondered the same thing about why i5 seems I never see much pictures or reports on their gear ...!!!...

Scrappy-doo

I don't know much about Rare Dankness but this particular GTH cut is very nice. Looks to be a 10 weeker and yeah she's nice and chunky, and a real stinker too! We'll definitely be seeing more of this girl around here.

C

Capra ibex

Wonder why?

dank.Frank

I'm not sure at all but i remember when RareDankness was a new company and they were pretty popular.... but then there was complaints 'floating around' the internet that the main guy there had attained most of his clones from the Docta from Archive seeds and was asked not to make seeds from them (or something like that).

Around the same time as that gossip was 'floating around' Archive started their own seed company and had their own crosses using a lot of those same clones.

It felt like the hype that RareDankness had for a few years transitioned straight over to Archive as they 'seemed' like a superior version of RareDankness.... in regards to ethics, male selection, grow testing etc. etc.

The only real measurement of that theory i had was by seeing the rush for RD seeds when they first came available and then the rush for Archive seeds when they came available a few years later, around the same time RD seeds stagnated a little.

I have no way to know if that stuff is true, and i see now that Archive has some ethics questions etc. themselves.... but that was the picture that i got from browsing the internet over the ~2011-2017 time frame.

I felt like the 2 company's had an online reputation for having a large selection of verified elite clone mothers, and that was all that interested me.... the rest of what i wrote is just how i pieced the story together.

:ying:

Miraculous Meds

Wonder why?

dank.Frank

There commerce city kush is good gear. Strong pinesol, chem, lemon zest.
picture.php

picture.php

Scrappy-doo

Is that a particular GTH #, Scrappy?

Nope, not a particular known cut. She came from Maine and I was told is the keeper from 3 packs of original release seeds. Supposedly has a high terpinolene content, whatever that means... To me she stinks like lemons dipped in gasoline. :yummy:

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
that GTH cut really impressed me with the quality of the TW terps in it, it will be a keeper till the real Arcata cut comes calling. boy I miss that real TW...

I'll just sooth the sorrow away with some seedy TK. I feel like a lotto winner over here...

You are killing it as usual, how many watts is that one under?

Scrappy-doo

Everything is under cmh 630's for the winter run. I even got super lumen mode on these ballasts which I think is 700w and in the tents I have them turnt all the way up. In the closet I'm maxed out at 630w and the buds are looking much fatter than last round.

I'm loving the cmh but these hoods kinda suck. I picked up a lux meter to get an idea of the spread and it's really more like a 3x4 footprint, so plants along 2 of the walls are getting shorted on light big time.

I'm ordering some high quality led's direct from China :biggrin: to try out along side these. If they perform well I think I'll be switching over come springtime.

Scrappy-doo

Those exact 3 actually lol!

All the others seem way too sketchy but those 3 been in business several years with good feedback. Took me many hours to figure that out though, I shoulda just asked you! :)

Meiju seems to be the most expensive and I'm on a budget so they're out. R2T has a decent looking 480w spyder clone that can be customized with the LM301H diodes for about $400 shipped. I think I'm going to go with kingbrite though. For $450 I can get 2 of the 320w qb's with the same diodes, one for each tent next to the 630's.

gmanwho

Veteran
Those exact 3 actually lol!

All the others seem way too sketchy but those 3 been in business several years with good feedback. Took me many hours to figure that out though, I shoulda just asked you! :)

Meiju seems to be the most expensive and I'm on a budget so they're out. R2T has a decent looking 480w spyder clone that can be customized with the LM301H diodes for about $400 shipped. I think I'm going to go with kingbrite though. For $450 I can get 2 of the 320w qb's with the same diodes, one for each tent next to the 630's.

the lm301h diodes seem to be where it is at, currently anyways, things change prety quick.

ive spent some time on alibaba an elsewhere as well. love to share what i found.

i found someone in southwickmass area on fb marketplace that sells multiple lm301h setups with meanwell ballasts. he orders them off alibaba as well.

i could be wrong, but after comparing alibaba prices for same units, in reality it seems he may only make 20-30$ a fixture once u factor in shipping. shipping from china always adds extensive costs. divide shipping per how many fixtures you ordered an your $130 unit now becomes $160-170. for the same lm301h fixture on ebay for 230-250 . order more an the shipping factor becomes less. but for 2-3 fixtures its a higher percentage it seems

his price is $180 for a the 240w quantum board lm301h + 660nm red 3000k or 3500k. the same lm301h fixture on ebay for 230-250

you could pick them up an pay cash too, always a plus.

think he had 3 differnt lm301h w/mw ballast setups ranging from the 240w to 600w. then a few different K choices per setup

looking for some side lighting myself

bwell

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Everything is under cmh 630's for the winter run. I even got super lumen mode on these ballasts which I think is 700w and in the tents I have them turnt all the way up. In the closet I'm maxed out at 630w and the buds are looking much fatter than last round.

I'm loving the cmh but these hoods kinda suck. I picked up a lux meter to get an idea of the spread and it's really more like a 3x4 footprint, so plants along 2 of the walls are getting shorted on light big time.

I'm ordering some high quality led's direct from China :biggrin: to try out along side these. If they perform well I think I'll be switching over come springtime.

Wait. Are you not flowering under those vertical Greenbeams hoods??? I still lust for those. Should I not?

dank.Frank

gmanwho

Veteran
Wait. Are you not flowering under those vertical Greenbeams hoods??? I still lust for those. Should I not?

dank.Frank

have to say DF, the de 945 cmh i have set to 600w running are one hell of a veg light. im not fully convinced they are better for flower, but maybe my K range is geared towards veg more , i forget what bulb i have in there other then growers choice bulbs. they since have made 1000w's as well. i would bet 2 of the 500w de cmh bulb ballasts would hammer down a 4x8 table.

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
I’ve been thinking about pulling the trigger on a LED to try out. Kinda wanna try the light bar style LEDs since the hlg saber 100s I use for side lighting are treating me well. They are all over a grand tho.

What’s these Chinese knockoffs you speak of?!!! :biglaugh:

Scrappy-doo

the lm301h diodes seem to be where it is at, currently anyways, things change prety quick.

ive spent some time on alibaba an elsewhere as well. love to share what i found.

i found someone in southwickmass area on fb marketplace that sells multiple lm301h setups with meanwell ballasts. he orders them off alibaba as well.

i could be wrong, but after comparing alibaba prices for same units, in reality it seems he may only make 20-30$ a fixture once u factor in shipping. shipping from china always adds extensive costs. divide shipping per how many fixtures you ordered an your $130 unit now becomes $160-170. for the same lm301h fixture on ebay for 230-250 . order more an the shipping factor becomes less. but for 2-3 fixtures its a higher percentage it seems

his price is $180 for a the 240w quantum board lm301h + 660nm red 3000k or 3500k. the same lm301h fixture on ebay for 230-250

you could pick them up an pay cash too, always a plus.

think he had 3 differnt lm301h w/mw ballast setups ranging from the 240w to 600w. then a few different K choices per setup

looking for some side lighting myself

bwell

I'd take a look at what he has. Do you have a link or some way to find him? I don't have facebook.

dank.Frank

No I swapped those out for another 630 setup last round. They work just fine but I was getting better results in the other tent with the 630 so I went with it.

I think you're on the right track with the led lights honestly dude.

Right now I have plants backed up in the tent that have been under 240w of my modified led shop lights longer than usual, and they're almost as impressive as the ones under 700w of cmh. Coverage area is about the same. I got one plant that's half under the cmh and half under the led's and am not seeing that much difference in size, but the half under led looks happier. And that's with cheap ass $15 shop lights.

I'm saying fuck all the heat issues, wasted watts and whatnot with these hid lights. I'm done with it. In my mind the change already has happened. Led is the future.

I’ve been thinking about pulling the trigger on a LED to try out. Kinda wanna try the light bar style LEDs since the hlg saber 100s I use for side lighting are treating me well. They are all over a grand tho.

What’s these Chinese knockoffs you speak of?!!! :biglaugh:

Alibaba bro. Or maybe gman's guy. Seems to be about half the price from what' I've seen.

I think multiple bars are probably the most efficient setup. That's why I like the spyder type designs. More even coverage.

Most of the quantum board setups I see imo will have the same flaws, to a lesser extent, as hid's. Mainly that it's more of a centralized light source. The great thing about these shop lights is that I can put a plant anywhere under them and I know it's getting great coverage.