What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Strains high in Linalool?

rolandomota

Well i was wrong it seems ace does not have high linalool strains the highest i saw was golden tiger 2 at .09 and a buch if .03 to .06 %

Sante

In DoPa
I find Linalool in the top 3 terpenes of my clone only Bruce Banner #3.

My Bruce Banner #3 Terpene Report conducted 10 months after harvest:

Total: 3.350% Weight Percentage Dry Matter (wt/wt%)

Mono Terpenes:

Limonene: 1.020 %

Linalool: 0.430 %

Fenchol: 0.230 %

Myrcene: 0.200 %

β-Pinene: 0.150 %

α-Pinene: 0.110 %

Camphene: 0.030 %

Sequi Terpenes:

β-Caryophyllene: 0.690 %

α-Humulene: 0.330 %

Nerolidol 1: 0.090 %

α-Bisabolol: 0.070 %

View Image

Nice.
Do you feel any different effect in confront of less % linalool phenos of the same genotype?

TheMan13

Veteran
Nice.
Do you feel any different effect in confront of less % linalool phenos of the same genotype?

I only have experience with this #3 phenotype from the original 2008 OG Kush x Strawberry Diesel cross by Delta 9/Jason Holck. Bruce Banner #3 is considered to be OG Kush leaning. There was also a Strawberry Diesel leaning Bruce Banner #5 phenotype that was popular for some time, but I haven't seen it in years.

That said, Bruce Banner #3 was a game change for me medicinally. I believe it may have something to do with the slight THCV (.2%) as well.

picture.php

Last edited:

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
It's a shame Big Buddy lost his Lavender cut. Apparently that was ticket!
The Bodhi Wookie line had Big Buddy's Lavender as the mother.

Big Buddy also made seeds with that Lavender. I think he crossed it to Lemon Larry or something.. They're still available in some shops.

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Not cannabis but some plants with the highest linalool amounts in their essential oils are:

Coriandrum sativum (cilantro/coriander) - >700,000 ppm
Basils are also high - ~600,000 ppm
Grapes are in the 300,000 ppm range
Lavenders range ~10,000 ppm

Sounds like vaping some coriander or basil with your favourite buds could be the solution... :biggrin:

Miraculous Meds

I held an old cut of silver pearl x g13 that had some special medicinal properties to her. I lost the original cut, but crossed it into a couple lines im working. Both present the medicinal aspect of the old spg13 cut. After having the opportunity to test samples of the offspring of the hybrids, I finally found that lavender was one of the main components. I believe linalool to be one of the driving forces behind the effect and aroma im feeling medicinally. I often describe the soft subtle feel that lavender phenos have as a creaminess.

here is the sp/g13 x whitaker blues line.
#2, blueberry/lavender cream
picture.php

lavender dominate, ive done terp analysis, ill dig it up if there is interest.
picture.php

The other line I crossed into was sour d ibl. I haven't been able to stabilize the phenos from the hybrid, but selected the most stable, most medicinal cut. I keep searching through offspring to make another generation of more stable seeds to spread. I think an outcross with the most stable offspring will be in the future, but for now I have a great solid keeper that has the awesome linalool/lavender effect, mixed with cinnamon, hops, and limonene/orange. Great medicine that helps out a few patients with stress/anxiety relief, but more up for daytime use is possible.

Betterhaff

Veteran
Sounds like vaping some coriander or basil with your favourite buds could be the solution... :biggrin:
I don’t know about vaping those herbs but I do use cilantro for latin dishes and what can I say about basil. I grow it for culinary and I can say aroma therapy is part of the equation. In that I mean just a rub of the plants tantalizes the senses. A lot of cannabis does the same.

If only it were that easy. Terpenes are just byproducts of the actually useful acids in quality Cannabis. This whole "its the same" bs needs to be addressed. Terpenes aren't nearly what people make them out to be. Probably the smallest contributor to smell and flavor and effect.

clearheaded

*High Linalool Cannabis Strains: G-13, Amnesia Haze, Lavender, LA Confidential

there are many strains based off lavender now aswell. icecream is one. Think thseeds has one? and of course the original lavender from soma if i am not mistaken.

look for flowery in the description. herbal candy, rose, cherry/blossom perhaps are other words that may lead to a higher linolool. everyone smells a little different but something to help in the search. then perhaps go to SC labs et al to dig up some terp profiles to see if find anything that regularly has what you are looking for.

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Bump I'm curious too aside from the g-13\amnesia\lavender recommendation. I'm definitely considering some Seedsman bruce banger, or amnesia.....

Nirrity

from the tests i've seen at sclabs one of the most linalool dominant is do-si-dos, and karma's headbanger. it seems rez's sour diesel has linalool in it as sd riri cut is also mentioned as lavender smelling. there are more but i don't remember which one, can tell you a few months later when i am back and check my notes. do-si-dos is low myrcene, high limonene, linalool and caryophyllene, headbanger is equal myrcene:limonene:linalool:caryphyllene with a slight edge of limonene.

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
I don’t know much about terms but it would great to find a cut that has high linalool without competition. Limonene has a completely opposing action to linalool.

I’ve got a whole load of Big Buddy’s Wookie x Lavender Lemon Larry. Again, definitely a mish mash of opposing terps but there’s no helping that. I’m hoping with Big Buddy’s Lavender in both the parents there might be a plant in there heavy in linalool. I guess we’ll see.

Also have some of the Wookie hybrids Bodhi made. I asked him and he said the hybrids with Lavender in the name come with strong linalool terps, ie: Lavender Aura, Lavender Jack and Lavender Hashplant.

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Yep, it’s a bummer..

Hopefully the crux of that statement lies in ‘rarely’, meaning, not impossible ;)

Nirrity

yep i didn't see any linalool dominant strain, and i did look through hundreds of terpene profiles back when sclabs could be googled. i remember blue magoo, zkittles and angel food cake as varieties with one to one limonene:linalool ratio with negligible myrcene, but i've never seen linalool+myrcene, linalool+terpinolene or any other combo. it was always limonene+linalool.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Ace posts test results for most of their strains. Have not looked for linalool. But I purchased a few packs of bangi haze looking for high pinene low myrcene.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Ace posts test results for most of their strains. Have not looked for linalool. But I purchased a few packs of bangi haze looking for high pinene low myrcene.

That was the first thing I thought of, too. But when I checked the Ace varieties that I assumed would be the ones that would contain linalool, it's never the dominant terp, and in fact, is pretty low down there, like, in 0.25% range. As has already been mentioned, linalool is the dominant terpene in lavender, so you would want to look for the varieties out there that have the words grape, lavender, blue, or purple in their names.

PDX Dopesmoker

Wedding Cake with 0.70 % linalool, Wookies with 0.57% & GDP with 0.53% were the three highest scoring linalool strains on the lab results in the 2019 Cultivation Classic in Oregon.

Nirrity

... As has already been mentioned, linalool is the dominant terpene in lavender, so you would want to look for the varieties out there that have the words grape, lavender, blue, or purple in their names...
that is simply not true. like i said i've looked through hundreds of sclabs tests, a few thousands in total maybe, and i am sure there is no substantial linalool content in blueberry, blue dream, gdp, purple kush, purple urkle or lavender kush. i've seen just 1 terpenes tested profile for lavender kush and it is limonene dominant. i haven't seen soma's lavender tested for terpenes, so this one may be different. peace

Latest posts

Latest posts