What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Diagnose..?

Hello fellow autoflower growers :D

First time grower, 1 of them seems to have a deficiency.
I think it is nutrient burn signs, what do you think..?

Troubles.png

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Well it is a young plant so that's entirely possible. How much and of what have you been feeding?

More details the better for us to diagnose.

Well it is a young plant so that's entirely possible. How much and of what have you been feeding?

More details the better for us to diagnose.

Hello,

Started out in Root-it sponges (European version of Rapid Rooters) which i pré-soaked in lukewarm water 5.8 + First Feed.
546ac974e02d7.jpg

Basically all i've done before that deficiency appeared.
Except for a couple of drops pure water 5.8 to keep the top of the sponges moist.

What i do not understand is i have 7 of them:
3 show the same deficiency as the first pic above. (yellowing of leaves, tops pointing UP)
2 show a entirely different deficiency. (leaves very dark, small, leave tops pointing DOWN)
2 are bigger than all the rest and look as healthy as they could be.
While all 7 have been treated exactly the same, same everything..

Dog Star

Veteran
Too much N for little ones.. also PH is fucked up in wrong side,too acid for sprouts..

this are not like rockwool that you need to PHed them in 5.8..

this ones you need to use 6.5 or 7.0,normal PH.. otherway you made too acid
and then little ones have probs to grow...

those one in pot you flush good with plain water,its good if water is close to 7.0 PH
you dont need to lower him down.. and after you flushed just live like that
she bounces back in normal after shes dry good..,then later after shes show first defs you use easy complete nutes.

Kind regards

Too much N for little ones.. also PH is fucked up in wrong side,too acid for sprouts..

this are not like rockwool that you need to PHed them in 5.8..

this ones you need to use 6.5 or 7.0,normal PH.. otherway you made too acid
and then little ones have probs to grow...

those one in pot you flush good with plain water,its good if water is close to 7.0 PH
you dont need to lower him down.. and after you flushed just live like that
she bounces back in normal after shes dry good..,then later after shes show first defs you use easy complete nutes.

Kind regards

Thx for your answer, very helpfull :)
The sponges are in coco/perlite pots, that's why the ph is 5.5to 6 when i water.
If i understand well i needed to treat those sponges like soil ph'wise, that's why the 5.8 was too low..?

Dog Star

Veteran
That medium you use also looks dubious.. as i sees you use root plugs that are for
organics and soil sowing together with soilless medium..

better way will be rockwool and then to use those 5.8 PH numbers if you wish to feed plant this way.. whithouth a soil..

Dog Star

Veteran
Different spreading of roots inside root plugs than in rockwool made problems for plant that shes drink normaly... she suffocates inside this root plugs as there is not much air inside them if we compare them to rockwool aeration.

Rockwool is more aerated and alouds plant to drink more normaly from soilless medium,
organic root plugs are great if you sowing inside normal soil mix cause roots
spreads differently inside this kind of medium and plant use soil life that
helps her to feed,breath and progress more easier than in soil whithouth a life
and inert medium soil mixes.

For inert soil mixes a rockwool is a must..

That medium you use also looks dubious.. as i sees you use root plugs that are for
organics and soil sowing together with soilless medium..

It's nothing fancy, 50/50 coco & perlite.
I definitely shouldn't have used those sponges i understand now.
The roots are piercing through them since a couple of days now, that should improve i hope, not much i can do anyway now, bit too early to remove them :(

Thx for your help!

I just noticed that i might have the wrong CalMag too...
I couldn't really find it myself and someone from their team chose that bottle for me.

It says on the bottle "give during entire FLOWERING period"...
It contains high N :(

Are there different kinds of CalMag maybe..?
Do i need to get another one..?

image.jpg

Anyone plz..?

I need to feed them again tomorrow, i'd really like to know if i can continue giving them that particular CalMag or do i need to get another one..?

Thx

Speed of green

http://www.technaflora.com/indexProduct.php?ID=103

This is what i was using, comes out to 8-13-5 N-Ca-Mg

Close enough IMO

The nutrient company will specify when to use a product based on the elements in the rest of the base mix/additives, there could be a precipitation reaction if added at the incorrect time, or there may be an excess of N-Ca-Mg in the VEG base mix.

Truth is i have no idea why it says flower period, maybe there is another bottle somewhere in their lineup that says veg period, liquid nutrient companies love to add another bottle that you NEED to buy.

Good luck.

https://www.technaflora.com/indexProduct.php?ID=103

This is what i was using, comes out to 8-13-5 N-Ca-Mg

Close enough IMO

The nutrient company will specify when to use a product based on the elements in the rest of the base mix/additives, there could be a precipitation reaction if added at the incorrect time, or there may be an excess of N-Ca-Mg in the VEG base mix.

Truth is i have no idea why it says flower period, maybe there is another bottle somewhere in their lineup that says veg period, liquid nutrient companies love to add another bottle that you NEED to buy.

Good luck.

Hello,

I've contacted Plagron themselves today since all my nuts&co are from them except that calmag bottle.

The answer was simple, i do not need to use CalMag, it is appearantly all included in their line already and shouldn't add anything else, so by adding that calmag i probly overnuted some of them :(

So the plants are now 13 days from seed touching water and i'm already at my 3rd mistake:

1. started everything while using tapwater 0.9EC (bought ph & ec pens from a clueless shop owner that didn't know you need calibration tools to even be able to use them..)
2. using those damn Root-it sponges in my coco setup while they are meant for soil/organic grows.
3. adding that calmag bottle while it was not really needed..

Nr1 is fixed i now have installed an RO filter.
Nr2 there is not much i can do it's way too soon to try to remove them..
Nr3 same shit i cannot take that back :(

I'm starting to wonder if I should continue and see what happens, or should i just throw everything out and start over..

Dog Star

Veteran
Dillute this nutes good as little ones cant stand too much shocks.. try to spare
them a little with some gentle moves from now on..

they didnt expect you will interconnect 2 different techniques in one.. ;) LOL
plants are fuzzled to what medium to respond.

Also you need to cool yourself a bit.. from too much worries plants dont grow properly,
thats a fact,maybe you need to give them few days to sees does that sponges
will work for you.

Dillute this nutes good as little ones cant stand too much shocks.. try to spare
them a little with some gentle moves from now on..

they didnt expect you will interconnect 2 different techniques in one.. ;) LOL
plants are fuzzled to what medium to respond.

Also you need to cool yourself a bit.. from too much worries plants dont grow properly,
thats a fact,maybe you need to give them few days to sees does that sponges
will work for you.

Yep i'll see how it goes :)
Just gonna rewater them tomorrow WITHOUT the CalMag.
I'm always cool haha, just very passionate :D
I never bother the plants if that's what you think, just when i need to be there, otherwise i ignore them, the little stress happens here, in front of the PC :D

As always thx for answer/tips,
have a nice weekend :D

Dog Star

Veteran
Was think to cool self cause you say that you wish to hit those down a drain.. and
made new run.

No probs for new run but first you need to see does this will play with those sponge plugs,am also interested to see does will small ones sustain in that plugs.

Next time dont even start in them as you sees they bring problems.. rockwool
cubs are perfect for this kind of feeding where you use soilless and dilluted
nutes.. then they will breath more proper and you will not sees this kind of
probs ever.. and you can PHed them in 5.8 as you made with this ones.

Kind regards

Was think to cool self cause you say that you wish to hit those down a drain.. and
made new run.

I just think it would be the best thing to do, i'd only lose 2 weeks of electricity and the seed price, not the end of the world..
Would be dumb to invest 8 more weeks in seedlings that can't give their full potential anymore imo :)

No probs for new run but first you need to see does this will play with those sponge plugs

It should work with the sponges, this is where i got the idea if you are interested :)
It's a autoflower/coco grow journal from growweedeasy.com
https://www.growweedeasy.com/auto-flowering-grow-journal-250w-hps

am also interested to see does will small ones sustain in that plugs.

4 of the 7 look great, 3 of them look like they've been run over by a truck :eek:
I'll post some photos after the watering today so you can see the progress :)

Cheers

Here we go :D

Watered today 0.4EC, 5.5PH, Runoff 6.6-6.8PH.

These are the pics, starting with the best one:

1. This one is the biggest one of all, seems perfectly healthy to me.
image.jpg

2. Little bit smaller, but looks good too, just one leaf bit strange shape.
image.jpg

3. This one is slightly affected by yellowing of the leaves, not much tho, about same size as nr 2.
image.jpg

4. About same size as nr 3, this one is affected more by the yellowing..
image.jpg

(Part 1)

5. Here is where the troubles start to clearly visible, smaller, yellowing and leaves pointing up..
image.jpg

6. This one and the one that'll follow look like they are 1 week younger, very small, darker than the rest, no yellowing here, leaves droopy, pointing down..
image.jpg

7. Same as nr 6, even worse, leaves very small and thin, again pointing down & droopy..
image.jpg

That's it, the whole family :D
Feel free to throw in critics, congrats hell even insults i'm a complete noob after all i can take it :D

Cheers

Latest posts

Latest posts