What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabis breakthrough as researchers discover the genes for flavour.

Drewsif

8-10 percent terps is mythical status to 99% of consumers. Its the cats tits though. Norcal has it. No one else. (LA growers with norcal genes maybe)

The thing is, limonene is a smell, not a flavor. I've tasted lots of natural resins terps oils and saps, not a one of them taste like they smell, or even tolerable in the least.

I've had plenty of bud that smelled like cedar, and tasted like cedar. But cedar resin itself doesn't even taste like cedar.

This false assumption that essential oils produce flavor is VERY disturbing. As I've had the misfortune of smoking herb sprayed with the shit. Wintergreen oil can't even be used as incense. Its deadly to the lungs.

Go rub some tea tree oil on your genitals and tell me you want that in your lungs. Im going to sample some Juniper virginiana, and lemon grass right now........ Ok, they taste bitter as hell and my tongue burns. Zero flavor other than bitter and fowl.

Essential oils are not tasty. Terps are not flavors.. . More to it. Phenols flavinoids acetates, etc.