What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

nutrients, fertilizers , and amendment dsicussion

master kusher

Hello Im master kusher and was wanting to see how other people feed their autos. me personally I start off with light feedings of fish emulsions (like half a tablespoon per gallon) on their 3rd or 4th set of leaves Ive also decided to top my autos but not so much as to take a whole bunch of new growth of just the very freshest set of leaves and only to vigorous autos the ones that were kind of trailing I didn't the ones that I topped seem to be liking it now each one has like atleast 5 or 6 main colas me personally I think I'm going to grow these autos for seeds not for flowers how do you feed your autos and what do you give them during flower as Im still looking for something organic that has a relatively high p and k for the flowering p and k I give them a 4-4-4 npk organic fertilizer that you can buy nearly anywhere (walmart, homedepot, lowes)

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think I'm going to grow these autos for seeds not for flowers That's the reason you grow autoflowering....for the buds/colas.
You don't top an auto...severely stunts them! LST instead!
Autos don't need amendments during their short vegging cycle. During bloom, only 1/4 strength every 2-3 applications.
Worst newbie mistakes...overwatering, over fertilizing. Last 10+ days before harvest, water only.

Alfalfa meal, fish meal and kelp are good organic alternatives.

OranguTrump

Crotchety Old Crotch
Hello Im master kusher and was wanting to see how other people feed their autos. me personally I start off with light feedings of fish emulsions (like half a tablespoon per gallon) on their 3rd or 4th set of leaves Ive also decided to top my autos but not so much as to take a whole bunch of new growth of just the very freshest set of leaves and only to vigorous autos the ones that were kind of trailing I didn't the ones that I topped seem to be liking it now each one has like atleast 5 or 6 main colas me personally I think I'm going to grow these autos for seeds not for flowers how do you feed your autos and what do you give them during flower as Im still looking for something organic that has a relatively high p and k for the flowering p and k I give them a 4-4-4 npk organic fertilizer that you can buy nearly anywhere (walmart, homedepot, lowes)

Damn son - 1 period in that whole post? No offense, but you type like a tweaker talks - take a breath & use punctuation, it's easier for us to read.

And listen to aridbud - autos are their thing

master kusher

thanks for replying arid bud, I was planning on growing for fem seeds, then growing for the colas/buds you speak of. :) Now I have a trellis net set up, and despite topping only the vigorous autos ( I pinched like the smallest newest set of leaves to take away the Christmas tree like appearance) they seem too have bounced back fairly well. Next time Ill just train them with the net.

master kusher

just planted more autos and mixed eco scraps 6-5-4 into the bottom half of all pots really interested to see what happens...hope it doesn't burn them :/ for the top half I used a mix of some light potting mix like .4-.3-.4 and a mixture of black gold...didn't really like the black gold because it just looked like it was mainly mossy shit tbh

Tacoavenger17

How'd the half and half thing go?

I've been doing that with masswhole potting soil and their "5-pepper"super soil with results I and my autos have been happy with, this time I'm going with masswhole potting/roots organic potting soil/Neptune's harvest #4 and coast of maine's supersoil. I use 7 gallon smartpots always but have switched from fast buds to mephisto genetics to give them a try so far I'm pleased with them and ordering direct from them was one of the easiest most stress free and quick experience I've ever had .

Deprivation

Bloom nutes from seed to weed. 6/9 micro/ bloom with ca-mg 1ml/L . Or maxibloom 1g/L with 1ml/L ca-mg both are in coco under Cobs as a base fert mix.