What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Texas growers unite

Marley

No, 8k x G13 got them from a buddy. I dont no what the 8k is will ask my buddy. I think there from seed direct, but im a bit stoned. Also got Orange widow x G13.

Heres a pic of my 8K x G13 on Day 23

1203g13_t.JPG

Good luck Tex

Peace out

wickyd

interesting, I'll see what I can come up with too, I like reading about strains I've never heard of before. although I'd rather smoke them!

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
went to texas once, austins a nice town .. the laws there skeer me though

G

BB,
Austin is nice. It reminds me of the line in "Lost Boys" at the end. "I sure do like Santa Clara, just couldn't ever get used to all the vampires" Austin has the hella kickin night life. And for live music there is noplace else to be.

You do have to watch the laws and tow the line or the "Stormtroopers of Death" will get you down here. Never to be heard from again.

Tex

wickyd

Hey TK,

I'm going to build a new box, 19.5"x31.5"x72". ( a little over 4sq. ft.) I plan on getting 4 plants in there, with about 3 gal. pots, on a 400W HPS/MH with a vortex 449CFM exhaust. Right now I've got nirvana genetics to test out, but I was wondering if you had any insight for things I need to watch out for, and/or the probable yeild range I'll see out of this chamber.

Thanks guys
Keep Tx Green!
wickyd

G

Heat was the biggest problem I had, that and circulation/airflow.

That fan size is perfect size. It's actaully a little overkill but that's what ya want.

I assume you are just using it as combo veg/flower chamber and switch your light from MH to HPS when you go to 12/12. You should be able to pull 2-2.5 oz dried per plant per cycle. I top mine a couple times and get much more output in my setup than if I was growing single main cola style.

449cfm exhaust will be nice. Make sure you intake holes are large enough to handle the volume of air moving through the box. I also added a hepa style air filter to the intakes because I was sucking in bugs and spores from the air. They were screwing up my babies.

Just watch your heat, that's the big deal

Tex

wickyd

Thanks a lot man! I hope I can get around 2o's a plant. That sounds delicious. Yeah, I'm going to have to use that same chamber for veg and flower. Whats the quickest way to sex the plants? I'm thinking of starting with around 10-15 plants and using the paperbag over one branch trick.

For heat, I've got an airvented hood with a glass shield, and I think I'm going to run a pane of glass across the whole cabinet to seperate light from plants and just raise that pane of glass as the plants grow.

Thanks again for all the help

G

If you have an airvented hood you could probably get away without using the glass. With that 449cfm exhaust attached to it your replacing the air in there about 20 times or more every minute.

Tex

G

Not unless you put your exhaust fan on timed cycles and released co2 only when the exhaust was off.

Tex

G

Texas...you use co2 enrichment in your room?

I always wanted to add it in someway, but just never really thought it would increase yield or quality enough to warrant the trouble.

What is your experience?

G

No, I dont use co2 at all in my setup. I haven't figured out a way to do intermitten blast of co2 on off cycles of my exhaust.

I thought about just kickin my exhaust off for long periods during my lights off cycle(daytime for me) and bring the co2 levels in the chamber up to about 800-1000ppm and let it sit for a bit and then clear out when the exhaust comes back on.

The more you read about the more methods there are. The one thing that is constatnt is that all say it helps in overall yield significantly.

I thought about using the brewers yeast, sugar and water in a dish and just let it sit in the corner for the hell of it. They say you need to get up to 800-1200 min to get any benifit. I think I remimber someone on here talking about shooting co2 charges, like the ones out of an airgun, into their space. I think it was Bog?
Those are like nitros poppers so ypu could blast 3-4 in one of those seltzer bottles, You just need to meter it or just blast it in and close the door.

I would probably get one of those giant co2 bottles from my industrial suppliers and buy a metering sytem with the distribution ring, when and if I do it. I have a torch and welding setup at my house so it would blend in.

Tex

mpd

Lammen Gorthaur
Veteran
Houston indoor freak, here. I did my first grow in a converted powder room in my house. Was a real gas. I grew out about two pounds using a 1000 watt Agrosun Gold. Even had industrial odor control and it stank me out. Totally insane and fun. Kind of like being a kid or something.

I'm working now on a customized cabinet as we have little feet in the house now...

G

Alright, another one in the herd

Read your intro post, excellent aproach for the first grow. Read and ask as much as possible then get ta growin.

Tex

wickyd

well, I'm almost done with the cabinet I'm building, I'll get pics up soon.....

I got some UM seeds from JLP and also going to grow some whos yer daddy, ice, and aurora Indica that will be germinating soon.

Whats a basic Fertilization schedule for the beginning? I dont want to burn the rare genetics from JLP but I dont want to underfertilize either. Anyone have a good fert system setup for testing out new strains?

Thanks for the help

Latest posts

Latest posts