What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

California Lightworks vs HydroGrowsLeds Side by Side

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Hello and thanks for stopping by!

I have two small chambers, one on top of the other. They measure slightly over 2' x 3'
I am placing 4 plants in each chamber directly under the light.

Each chamber gets two Northern Lights (ILGM), one Tiger Beat (TSK), and one GSC M (no idea).

I will let these veg for about two weeks, unless something changes.
Then flip to 12/12.

In the top chamber I have my California Lightworks SolarStorm Vegmaster 220. It's actual draw is 160 watts

Bottom chamber is a generation X3 Penetrator 84x by HydroGrowsLeds. It's actual draw is 140 watts. Provided to me by HydroGrowsLeds company for this side by side.

Should be a cool experiment. Clones are same age and size. They were all transplanted from tiny pint sized pots to square 1 gallons, yesterday.

Pots are filled with Fox Farms Salamander Soil, from two bags mixed together. It's my normal media lately, but this time it was a bitch to find.

Will be watered when needed and probably won't be fed any fertilizers till bloom. I do use Recharge from Real Growers and Mammoth P from Mammoth Microbes. At any rate, whatever products get used, will be added to both to keep everything the same.

Let's see what happens.
picture.php

California Lightworks
picture.php

HydroGrowsLed
picture.php

RB56

Veteran
Bottom self is closer to the center of the earth. Gravity stronger. Plants smaller :D

Just my smartass way of subscribing to your thread. How tall can the plants get in there?

Kimura

pots are WAY too big for those clones. that means you're most likely over watering. which is probably why the plants are all miniaturized...

where the hell did you get those clones? they look terrible. sorry to be a bummer, but those look like shit...

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
pots are WAY too big for those clones. that means you're most likely over watering. which is probably why the plants are all miniaturized...

where the hell did you get those clones? they look terrible. sorry to be a bummer, but those look like shit...
No bummer
I agree. They look like shit. been in tiny pots. Just transplant yesterday into these. With nowhere to go till my extra tent came.

Getting the HGL was great because I needed another light. But a stipulation was that I must grow from clone to harvest and document it. These chambers have always been for veg. I'm off rythym of my normal perpetual.

Lol they are all equally as shitty. But they will bounce back, no doubt.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Bottom self is closer to the center of the earth. Gravity stronger. Plants smaller :D

Just my smartass way of subscribing to your thread. How tall can the plants get in there?

Not tall at-all. Each chamber about 3 feet. I usually use these for veg.
So blooming out in these will be new for me. Ill keep them short

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Plants are really taking off!

Will take cuts soon, and maybe some identical training and then switch to bloom.

picture.php

Top chamber California Lightworks
picture.php

Bottom chamber HGL
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Nice side by side setup. Next time, I would consider some kind of random assignment of the clones to a light just to prevent any unintentional bias. I'm excited to see how these two compare.

The spectrum of the CLW makes photos really difficult lol. It looks like their excessive ratios of blue are keeping their plants a bit stunted at this stage.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I'm away for a while but got wife to go take pic. She used a flash it looks like.

Also looks like HGL is taller. Will check when I get back.
picture.php

Bottom shelf HGL
picture.php

Top shelf CLW.
picture.php

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Highly upset. My wife was going to water my plants while I was gone.

She did. But she felt they needed some guano. She thought she was topdressing a scoop a guano, but instead used a scoop of Jobes organics 3-3-3.
The directions say to add one scoop to one gallon of water and water in.

Now everything looks all burnt up.

I'm gonna puke.

She said every pot got a scoop.
Fuuuuuuuuuck!!

Whatever. I'm not worried about the harvest, I just wanted to see what light worked better.

I'll finish running them out, but don't plan to leave wifey in charge of plants anymore.

I have pics. Will post today.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
When I took a look at them, the plants under HGL are much bigger.

They don't look as burnt, because they grew bigger and could handle the huge load of ferts.

But everything is sick looking, with over dose and deficiency. I'm sure it fucked my ph

Latest posts

Latest posts