What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Unclefishstick's Tartar Sauce Research Kitchen Redux

thank you for your continued input however since i'm not in the market for more lamps for the foreseeable future and don't have the time or inclination to run a side by side i would appreciate toning down the hard sell:)

I'm not trying to hard sell you anything, I simply invited you to look at a grow competition between a light like the one you're running and what we make. We also have a giveaway going on new prototypes if you ever change your mind on a side by side. The room you just made would be perfect for it. :huggg:

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm not trying to hard sell you anything, I simply invited you to look at a grow competition between a light like the one you're running and what we make. We also have a giveaway going on new prototypes if you ever change your mind on a side by side. The room you just made would be perfect for it. :huggg:

as much as i would like to have another led capable of lighting a 4x4 area as i will be setting up a tent grow in about 4 weeks the timing just won't work out to do anything remotely like what you want as i don't have a camera with that much resolution and i have zero desire to join riu...

Goats

picture.php

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i actually have a gen 1 hydro grow led,it functioned perfectly and indeed still does although i haven't used it in awhile simply because the coverage is so limited.

and had zero problems dealing with the owner during my interactions.

Goats

totally just a 'for fun' little jab. it was what popped into my head. i am sure your lights are great @HydroGrowLeds :tiphat:

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i thought it was funny...

i just don't want to go through the trouble of setting up a side by side and i'm just not that into dealing with all the picture taking and whatnot...basically i run my garden my way and simply am not interested than following someone else's parameters...i've done my fair share of test grows here on ic...and strain reports and seed test....so at this point i don't pimp my garden out to sell stuff for other people...i'm happy to test new products out or do seed runs this fall,just not on anyone else's schedule or parameters...

U

useless.gardens

even running beans for someone... is co-opting your space.

you're extending sq footage to them by proxy of your love of/for plants.

really, its alot to ask of any gardener.

these bean slingers dont know how lucky they are that we do that.

Last edited:

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i'm going to be running some seeds for relentless this fall which is one of the reasons i built the led room to have space for seed runs...once free cooling season starts and i can fire up the main room again...but that space is strictly for keeping the bills paid...which gets boring so it will be nice to bring pheno hunts back into the game to spice things up...

oh wait i forgot its finding those phenols of the new strands these days!

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
i thought it was funny...

i just don't want to go through the trouble of setting up a side by side and i'm just not that into dealing with all the picture taking and whatnot...basically i run my garden my way and simply am not interested than following someone else's parameters...i've done my fair share of test grows here on ic...and strain reports and seed test....so at this point i don't pimp my garden out to sell stuff for other people...i'm happy to test new products out or do seed runs this fall,just not on anyone else's schedule or parameters...

Such a well thought out post, I must say. A rarity these days
to read a thread that gives equal measure to contrasting
opinions.

You make your argument without trying to crush opposition,
which in turn creates a welcome format to the open exchange
of information.

Well done.

U

useless.gardens

i'm going to be running some seeds for relentless this fall which is one of the reasons i built the led room to have space for seed runs...once free cooling season starts and i can fire up the main room again...but that space is strictly for keeping the bills paid...which gets boring so it will be nice to bring pheno hunts back into the game to spice things up...

oh wait i forgot its finding those phenols of the new strands these days!
i love dude's gear. have a platinum fire og male i think is great... plus packs of the same to find a female. cant wait to see what you run.

Last edited:

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
for sure,i'm one of the lucky few with the real deal cherry cookies cut and i have kept my word regarding not spreading it and keeping it tight so i'm psyched to run some seeds...and hoping maybe just maybe some tasty cuts...

anyway,back to the actual grow...

day 14 of 12/12,the plants have all crowned and buds are forming,the plants have stopped stretching but continue to fill in. i'm seeing bigger fan leaves than i previously had with these same varieties,except for the big forum cookies plant which has been weird from the get go,and the leaves continue to basically be flat across the canopy except at the very edges...
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php
[/FONT]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the room itself is performing well,only using fresh air from the house swamp cooler in a regular intake/filter/exhaust scenario...from what i have been told by other led users a lights on temp of 84 is right in the area i want to be,and a 10 degree difference in lights off temp is what i was hoping to achieve...all and all pretty good for a grow inside an uninsulated south facing garage...

picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php
[/FONT]

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
relentless cherry cookies
picture.php
[/FONT]

chunky's ogkb 2.0
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php
[/FONT]

H

hard rain

Plants look really happy. What a great set up.

How far are the lights from the canopy?

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
What's in the cherry cookies? I had a super rare cherry pheno AK-47 like 10 years ago. My nosy neighbors/ landlords snuck into my place, found my grow and wouldn't let me renew my lease. Assholes. At least they didn't call the fuzz. They actually partied with us and smoked a bunch of my herb. Anyway, I lost my cherry AK.