What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GG4 and some older seed from 2005 in DWC.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Hi guys. Just finished up a nice little 2 bucket hydro grow. The best GG4 I have ever grown/smoked and some bag seed from 2005. I had germinated 5 seeds from some old seed stock I have. This came from a big bag of outdoor mids. I held onto a bunch of seeds to see if I could do something good with them indoors. I let the Glue go 10 weeks and got some crazy amber trichs on the sugar leaves!
GG4 buds.
picture.php

HP seeds
picture.php

The HP as I will call it came out just OK. I had 4 females out of 5 seeds. :woohoo: I only grew out 1 of them. Not a keeper.
So I am back at another run with the GG4 and the #2 Pheno of the HP seeds. I killed phenos 3 and 4 cause they were runts. Not a great sign but hey they came from 14 year old seeds.
Just put them in the "big" room today. Getting used to better bigger lighting. Still need to veg these a bit so I can take some clones off each. That GG4 is just the best. I have smoked this same strain for a couple years straight. Still does the trick. Just love it.
Some shots of the room. Not much changed just some new bulbs and the trellis. Little more air as well. Bulbs are a Solis Tek 400 watt 6k and a Sunmaster cool deluxe 5-6.5k.
GG4 is on the right HP2 is on the left. Going to run the air line a bit different tonight, just wanted to get them vegging today under the bigger lights.
picture.php

picture.php

Those lights are too high but will be lowering them slowly.
Using a mix of Advanced and Botanicare nutes. Nearly the full Advanced Sensi lineup. Hope this HP2 turns out better than #1.
peace, negative.

Last edited:

negative37dBA

Veteran
Question on Lemon Shocker and pics of HP1.

Question on Lemon Shocker and pics of HP1.

Here is a picture of the HP1. Not worthy in my opinion.
picture.php

She lacks trichs and has a very weak smell. On to the number 2 pheno, hope it is better. This is fun though trying out old stuff to see whats there.
Was wondering if anyone had grown any Lemon Shocker from Obsoul33t Genetics? If so how did it go? I have only seen pictures and have not been able to find a strain report so any help would be great. Really wanting to add a couple keepers to my moms.
peace, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Bubble run with my gg4 trims.

Bubble run with my gg4 trims.

Hi guys. Been making some bubble runs lately. Did 1 today with my GG4 and HP trim.
Using the 5 bag system from Bubble Bag Dude. Work well and nicely contsructed.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

This is the 73...mmmm
picture.php

Bubble plate..lol. Nice little yield from 1 bag of trims.
picture.php

Have a great day! peace, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Here is a shot of the size of bag I ran.
picture.php

I got the same yield from 2 bags of low quality trims on another run today. Can not wait to try that Glue bubble. I want to run some of my nugs but dam, hard to stick those beauties in the blender..lol
Here is a close up of a earlier run...the 73.
picture.php

Keeping fit doing bubble. Dam that is my weak arm to...lol.:dance013:
picture.php

Have a great day. Peace, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Hi guys. Picked up a new Bluelab guardian ph monitor. WOW, impressed to say the least. Gives very quick readouts, in 30 seconds or less. Super easy to calibrate and adjust settings. Plus many options when it comes to alarms. Hell Yes!! Feel like I am going to able to step up my Ph monitoring game for sure.
picture.php

Got the first level of trellis installed and air lines routed neatly. Plants are filling in the screen nicely. Still need to take clones in a couple days then I will let them fill in for a week or so. Then we will go 12/12.
picture.php

Going to use this recipe for cloning. I run a areo cloner. Should get some nice results.
picture.php

peace, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
nice gg4 looks good hash does to
Thanks so much for that big315smooth. The hash is a real heavy put down. Locks you to the chair or couch and yawning starts soon after. I dust some 120 or 73 over a big bowl of GG4 before bedtime...nappy nappy.
I have some that I sieved and then I froze a bunch to microplane later. Going to make some Rice Crispy treats with the 160 on Sunday.:woohoo:

negative37dBA

Veteran
Week 3 veg.

Week 3 veg.

Hi all. Things are moving along pretty well here in week 3 of veg. HP is doing very well and filling in nicely. I have had some Ph issues with the GG4 and she is a bit slower. Ph seems to be dropping quite a bit in the dark hours. Checking it more frequently now to keep it where it should be. Decided to go with a bit of a upgrade to RDWC mid stream here. Should have it ready Sunday sometime for install. Looking for a bit more stable Ph with increased water volume and flow.
Here is a shot of how they are filling in. HP in the foreground
picture.php

The RDWC will be adding a 5 gallon rez, small pump and a bit o piping to move things about. Pretty simple really but effective none the less. Plants were similar in nutrient needs last run so that should not be to much of a issue.
Have a great day.
Peace, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Converted to RDWC today!!

Converted to RDWC today!!

Hi all. Converted over to RDWC today. Here are a few pictures of it. I like the way it came out and it works correctly. I had to tear out the trellis but that is easy to replace.
The set up. 5 gallon rez with a couple valves for power draining. 3/4 lines and fittings. The rear bucket connects to the rez as well, you just cant see it. 3/4 pvc connects the 2 buckets.
picture.php

The in side of the rez. 900 lph pump.
picture.php

Some close ups of the HP development. It is bushing out very sweetly.
picture.php

picture.php

Have a great day!
Peace, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
So I am running a bacteria filled rez. I have more types of Bacillus in there than you can shake a stick at..lol. I use silica to help with stem strength. Have to add calmag because I use R/O water. I add B-52 and A & B grow and I am good to go.
I use a mix of Advanced and Botanicare nutrients. Running at about 1000 ppm right now at 18 days into veg. Working on reinstalling the new trellis tonight.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Nutrients

Nutrients

Hi guys. Thanks so much for that airidbud. So the addition of a extra 4 gallons and a recirc pump has made things nicer for me. Ph is keeping way more stable, only moving about .3 in a 12 hour period. I am using hobo tech to keep it cooler. 2, 40 oz water bottles frozen in rez. Running both lights it is keeping water at 68 degrees. I realize this is a short sighted solution to temp control. I stepped up and purchased a chiller. This will give me a stable temp always and no swapping out bottles. Should be here today. Going to be hooking her up right away. Taking clones tonight and going to go about another week before 12/12.
Have a great day.
Peace, negative.

Last edited:

negative37dBA

Veteran
Chiller arrived today!

Chiller arrived today!

Hi guys. Received my chiller today in perfect condition(no shipping damage). I decided on the 1/10 HP model from Active Aqua. Read both good and not so good reviews but I have a extended warranty and a back up system that will work if it goes out.
Cleaning it now as I post this. Running a R/O, H2o2 mix at 2.5 Ph through her. After only a hour or so this is what has already come out...YUK
picture.php

picture.php

Sure glad that is not in my rez.
Chiller is working correctly and I will continue to run this solution through it for 24 hours. Then we will rinse and go for install.
Have a great day.
Peace, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Loving chiller! 21 days in to veg.

Loving chiller! 21 days in to veg.

Hi guys. Installed my chiller last night.:woohoo: During that cleaning time I was able to get about 4 times that much crud out of it as I showed in that earlier picture. Man YUK. What a nice deal to have the temps so stable in the rez! Set it at 65 with a 2 degree dead band. I insulated the lines in and out to help with lights on the black lines. Used a new Active Aqua 400 gpm submersible pump to move around the water and it is doing great. Chiller does not cycle excessively. The noise is not able to be heard outside the grow room. I positioned my intake air stream to run right over the back of the chiller where the heat exhausts to help move it out.
Air temps are 79 but water is 66....hell yeah! I went ahead and insulated the containers and rez with reflectix just for added insurance. It also helps keep the nutrient solution colder longer. Making the chiller more efficient.
Here are a couple pics of the install. it is a bit tight but I only have so much space.
picture.php

21 days into veg. Glue up front HP in rear. Going to bend her over some more tonight...lol
picture.php

Still have not taken clones!. Life gets to busy sometimes. I think I can get to it tonight. The chiller cleaning and install took a bit of time and effort so I am delayed a bit. No real wories, they are just filling in better. I am able to run the second light now all the time and that will help fill in the near side of the screen.
The HP has great growth. Super tight and has great vigor. Bushy. Looking forward to seeing what will happen with this one.
Have a great day.
Peace, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Big Ph drops?

Big Ph drops?

Hi guys. Wanted to ask a couple questions if I could. Done a ton of research on Ph drop. I read so many different ideas it is just confusing. I am getting constant Ph down swings quickly. 5.7 to 4.4 in 6 hours in the dark period of veg. It drops as well during lights on.
I have started by dropping nutrient solution strength. I hear everything from funky things going on in the root zone and you are doomed, to its fine your plants are just feeding. They are not using much nutrients or water but look good. Growth is slower especially on the GG4 than I am used to.
Roots are bright white and everywhere. Conditions are great. Good air flow, plenty of air stones in buckets. Water temps are controlled by the chiller so great at 66. Air temps are not above 80. No bugs, good lighting. The conditions are correct. Some thoughts would be appreciated.
Wanted to see if anyone has expiernce with Neptune seeds? What about the breeder Obsoul33T genetics? I am interested in the Lemon Shocker they have. Has anyone grown it?
I did some insulating and shortening of the cooler lines. Also insulated all the buckets just to help the chiller work easier.
picture.php

picture.php

Just repositioned my air pump so it is in the cool intake airflow. Need to shorten and route lines cleanly today.
Thanks guys. Have a great day.
Peace, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Clones done!

Clones done!

Hi guys. Got on it today and took some clones. Got them up and rolling in my little aero cloner. This is the mix I used.
3.5 gallons R/O water
35 ml of Clonex.
10.5 ml of Hormex
21 ml of Clear Rez.
Everything ran with bleach for 5 hours then rinsed with R/O water multiple times.
900 lph pump running through some sprayers. Have them under some t-5s in my 2x4 Gorilla tent. Looking for some nice roots to pop.
picture.php

Have a great day!
Peace, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Day 28 veg.

Day 28 veg.

Hi all. Have gotten to day 28 of veg. I think they have filled in the screen pretty nicely.
I would like to thanks ICmag member Douglas.Curtis for some great help/advice he gave me. I reached out to him for some advice on problems I was having and he got me right back on track.:biggrin:
Here are a couple shots from day 1 to day 28.
picture.php

Day 28. Glue up front, HP in the back.
picture.php

Going to some de-leafing and then go to 12/12 this weekend. Things have not went perfect but have made some adjustments and it is going well now.
I will have to say that the chiller is the BEST thing I have ever purchased for my grow room. It allows me to not worry about the root zone temps, increases levels of dissolved oxygen, lets me use less nutrients and allows me to run both lights without worry about the air temps. I can go as high as 81 or so with air temps and not have any problems. Keeps my root temps at a steady 66.
I am going to keep asking about Obsoul33T genetics. I would like to know if anyone has any experience with the Lemon Shocker they have?
Have a great day.
Peace, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
12/12 time!

12/12 time!

Hi guys. So I flipped on day 31 of veg. They are looking great and loving it. Changed out to bloom nutes this week. Here is the recipe.
Advanced bloom A & B
Piranha, Tarantula, Vodoo and Sensizym for the bacteria.
Botanicare Calmag, I use r/o.
Slica and Sweet.
I only have to use about 1/4 strength nutrient and that puts me at about 550 ppm. Plants seem to be loving it. Ph is very stable staying between 5.7 and 6.0.
They are drinking a bit as well, about 5 qts a day right now.
On the clone front. Things are kicking ass. Big white roots blowing out all up and down the stems....woot woot! Pretty happy with the new recipe and will be using it again. Hell yes!
11 days in!
picture.php

Have had the roots get in the pipes they are getting so big in the flower room but no biggie. Just pulled them out and keep going. Thing I will up size next run if I plan to veg 30 days or more.
I am pretty much set up here for a great run. Hope I can keep her on track.
Been so impressed with hydro I am setting up a F&D system for veg. Just picked up my little pump, some fittings and a 2x2 tray. I have a 15 gallon rez and a air pump I will use. Going to be nice to bring up the little ones in this set up in my 2x4 tent. Be real easy to move them to my 5 gallon buckets for flower.
Have a great day.
Peace, negative.

Latest posts

Latest posts