What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CannaRed's first grow diary

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Took some veg pics.
Just to let everyone know, I plan to do a second LED side by side with identical clones instead of seedlings.

I just couldn't wait that long to start the side by side, I'm sure HGL wouldn't have wanted to wait for clones either.

Looks like plants are bigger on bottom chamber under HGL. All are on same timer, same feed schedule.

One thing I noticed is CLW throws a bigger footprint. But I don't have any type of light meters that I could give y'all hard data with.

As soon as I can get these babies sexed, I can take copies of keepers and cull the rest. Then gonna throw timer to 12/12. If I don't soon I'll run out of space. Never grown these strains from Ace before, so unsure of stretch ratios.
Top chamber:
picture.php
picture.php

Shortest ps 8" tallest ps 11"
Shortest bh 5" tallest 6'
Shortest NL5xHaze 4" tallest 6.5"

6a ( PurpAl x quantum Kush) showing preballs. Pulled from room.

I think 4hv is a girl. (High Voltage by TSK)

Bottom chamber:
picture.php

picture.php

2nh (Nl5 x Haze probably fake) have pretty, bold leaves.

Shortest ps 10" tallest 12"
Shortest bh 5.5" tallest bh 7"
Shortest nh 5.5 tallest 7"

I noticed that both Bangi Haze and Purple Satellite both have a reddish or brownish tint to the leaves at growing Tips.
I saw another member showed pics of his Bangi Haze doing that. He thought it was because of cool weather, but apparently it's not temperature related.
picture.php

Looking good! Most competing LED lights will have a wider spread than we do. It's great you plan to run a second side by side from clone. This test will still be a great one to follow :)

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Looking good! Most competing LED lights will have a wider spread than we do. It's great you plan to run a second side by side from clone. This test will still be a great one to follow :)

Thanks. Sorry I didn't have a tray of clones ready to go. And sorry I have all these new seedlings that I haven't grown before.
Next run should be better. All the clones should grow same rate, and I will have better understanding of their growth habbits.

I really need to find sex of these seedlings. The whole reason I picked Purple Satellite and Bangi Haze was so they would grow outside, and finish before frost, and not mold.

Gotta get some females outside..

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Is their a trigger for plants to show pre-flower, yet not go into full flower?

Like if i put in dark for 24 hours, then straight back to veg cycle.

Would this show pre-flower or cause herm issues?

Is their a trigger for plants to show pre-flower, yet not go into full flower?

Like if i put in dark for 24 hours, then straight back to veg cycle.

Would this show pre-flower or cause herm issues?

98% of the time I grew from Feminized seed or clone, so I have no idea. I did have a plant one time grown from seed that started to develop pollen sacks in the latter stages of veg, and that was under 24 hours of light. With our lights plants initiate flowering very quickly (within 1-3 days of flipping to 12/12), so you may just want to flip to 12/12 for 2-3 days until you see the sex, then put them back into 24 hours of light. Then again, this might cause other plants to later hermie out... Hopefully someone who knows more about this than I do can offer some better advice lol.

QQNPK

Maturity determines when it shows its sex its usually between week 3-6 in veg. If the genetics are stable you probably could switch it to 12/12 to check and then pull back to veg but that should still be about a week of wasted growth just to see the sex early if u feel me, but dont take my word for it hehe :tiphat:

R

Rab.C

sorry guys i wouldnt flip too 12/12 then switch back too veg stage.but thats just me
i would veg until they show sex then remove the males and then flip the females if there
at the height you want them.all the best Rab

R

Rab.C

hi CannaRed can i ask how many plants you have under your Led & How many you plan on flowering under the led cheers Rab

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
hi CannaRed can i ask how many plants you have under your Led & How many you plan on flowering under the led cheers Rab

There's over a dozen in each chamber right now. I'm not sure how many I will bloom. I'm hoping for 9 each.

I have to flip to 12/12 soon or I'll run out of space!

Going to take cuts of each tomorrow, and I may flip then. I don't want to have to do any reveg-ing especially if I find a male I like.
I was trying to wait until the tops that I cut and stuck in 12/12 to show sex. They have rooted, but no pre-flowers yet.

I shouldn't have started all 20 seeds at the same time. But I have had problems with starting from seed in the past, so I figured I would lose some.
I usually always run clones.

I have learned not to water so much, so I haven't had any dampening off.
All germed and all are still kicking.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Took clones of all plants today.
I took cuts from tops, because they were healthier and to cut down on height.
Like I said yesterday, i haven't grown alot from seed.
I've noticed that all the main stems aren't as smooth or rounded as my clones. They have "ridges"
picture.php

I've seen this before, I just don't remember it being so pronounced.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I went to see my mentor yesterday. I gave him a cut of my Northern Lights a while back.
He showed me a bag of it that he grew.
Totally different profile from what I grew from same cut.

Mine has a burnt plastic, rubber, almost fuel smell.

His has none of that and it's a strong lemon-like scent. He actually stopped taking cuts of it because he said he didn't need another plant that smelled like his Sativa-leaning Lemon Skunk.

Just goes to show how inputs and environment can change aroma profiles.

P.s. I like mine better! It's only second time I have grown better tasting of the same plant.

I'm learning!

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
I didnt start noticing the ridges up the main stalk until I started growing from seed either. At first I thought only some strains did it but every seed Ive sprouted so far has them, I think it makes them look beast haha.

Epigenetic change is so trippy, probably confused the hell out of people over time lol. Person takes clones to preserve a certain plant for a specific trait and then its different when others grow it.

QQNPK

I had ridges on all my plants from seed my first grow and they grew fast as hell, lately iv not had that happen and their grow has been really slow compared to my first grow, i had forgotten all about them ridges until now.. that was 5 years ago. Kinda feel its due to something else than seed/clone but thats just my 2 cents :tiphat:

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I live in small county, in Prohibitionland. Recently read a story a local wrote about the county getting an influx of hippies in the 70's.
The hippie wrote that back then, the sheriff would let you grow cannabis, as long as it didn't cause problems.
Man, where did we go wrong?
If anything, I would have thought the opposite about these conservative, hill billies. Figured they would have caused a rip in fabric of space/time over a plant.

The only thing I want from legalization is to be able to grow without molestation.
Looks like in even the "legal" states, they could use a lesson from a redneck county's 70's era sheriff.

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
I live in small county, in Prohibitionland. Recently read a story a local wrote about the county getting an influx of hippies in the 70's.
The hippie wrote that back then, the sheriff would let you grow cannabis, as long as it didn't cause problems.
Man, where did we go wrong?
If anything, I would have thought the opposite about these conservative, hill billies. Figured they would have caused a rip in fabric of space/time over a plant.

The only thing I want from legalization is to be able to grow without molestation.
Looks like in even the "legal" states, they could use a lesson from a redneck county's 70's era sheriff.
you are right, cannabis is medical not drug, but there are still many people who don't understand this truth

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Did y'all know that you can't get on icmag at Walmart?
Went and sat on a bench waiting for wifey. Signed in to their wifi, but nothing. Restarted my phone. Tried again. Nothing. Then tried another site. Everything works, no icmag. Turned wifi off, and no problems.
I remember this happening before, but thought it was my connection.

I don't really go on other websites, so I was highly upset.

shaggyballs

Veteran
Did y'all know that you can't get on icmag at Walmart?
Went and sat on a bench waiting for wifey. Signed in to their wifi, but nothing. Restarted my phone. Tried again. Nothing. Then tried another site. Everything works, no icmag. Turned wifi off, and no problems.
I remember this happening before, but thought it was my connection.

I don't really go on other websites, so I was highly upset.

Yea, that sucks don't it!
Hospitals too, even in a legal state.
To some it will always be a sched. 1 drug nothing more due to the lies told to the masses.

Come clean america stop with the lies, it is time!

:tiphat:Keep it green!
Shag

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Yea, that sucks don't it!
Hospitals too, even in a legal state.
To some it will always be a sched. 1 drug nothing more due to the lies told to the masses.

Come clean america stop with the lies, it is time!

:tiphat:Keep it green!
Shag
Worst part is Walmart sells grow equipment, silicone dab accessories, etc. online!
They can make money off us, but not allow us access to information?
Lame