What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Motherlode Gardens 2019

40degsouth

Hey Shcrews, thanks for the feedback l really appreciate your time.
The sulphur sprays in your IPM last year gave me a great heads up on an awful leaf spot disease, l fought and won against this year.
I'm really looking forward to your grow this year and wishing you all the very best.
Cheers,

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Looking good out there Screws! Nice work! Can you recommend a seed company to me for some good quality Chem4 or OG? Happy 420!
South Fork Seeds did some great stuff with the Chem4 , not sure how much is available now though, I think its been a while since they had a release. Bodhi has a few Chem4 crosses too.

OG is an easier one, lots of good OG's from seed. Archive has some great OG's from their Face-off male. Rare Dankness has some good ones too, I like their 501 OG it did great for us last year.

Hey shcrews, at what stage/point do you start your "pistil whip" pruning?
When they are about 3 ft tall and starting to bush out a bit.

Its good to see you back at it again Shcrews. Did you end up buying a trimming machine for dry flowers last year after all? If so what brand did you go with. I really hate trimming lol
I got the Greenbroz 420 commercial trimmer. It did a good job, not as good as proper hand-trim but it did save us a ton of money compared to paying humans. It doesn't work well with light airy buds though. Also I noticed that if the flowers are too dry it will tear them up.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
It's been very hot the past few days, got up to 90 yesterday. The babies are loving it and growing like crazy! The weeds are out of control too so I'm weedwacking today, have to clear some space to walk in the garden. I have my weedwacker technique down, when I'm done it looks almost as good as a mower.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
just got back from a cool party in the woods. My better half and myself met a couple good growers and exchanged some good buds and hash. Seems like we're finally starting to get a little scene going up here. Im hoping to start to DJ some parties like that, just got some gear and now i just need some more practice!

Meanwhile our plate is full here because the seedlings are sexing and it's almost time to put them in the ground. We havent even amended the soil yet :( Been too busy weedwacking so we can get to the mounds! Every damn year. I wish maybe someday I can get some decent help. It's crazy how hard it is to find reliable workers up here.....

On the breeding side of things, I just set aside two vigorous Sprite males, both very unique, each clearly taking after a different parent. I have not decided yet what to do with them. One male is a taller, skinner, AOG lookalike. He already has a great stem-rub, like lemon lime sprite. The other male, his brother, is shorter and stockier with broader jagged leaves more reminiscent of the Black Lime Reserve.

I would like to cross this with a few of my other lines like the Purple Sprite and the Ancient OG f3's, both of which have shown some spectacular specimens already. But mainly i want to make a proper round of Sprite F2's. I'm not sure if it's amateur to use two males to do an open pollination of sorts on the best females, but that's what i am tempted to do. I hate to bottleneck the line at all and I feel that both males are special. I could use both separately but that would take more work and time to ensure no cross-polination..

Also we're at a point where we could start saving multiple males and moms, which leads me to wonder what other directions we might want to head in with the genetics we have available this year. BYF has directed me to make F2's of his cross (Blood Orange Tangie x Cherry Pie OG) so i may just devote the rest of our breeding resources to that effort, as that line as shown great potential already, producing some of our biggest and most flavorful plants of the past season.

anyway i need to get some rest, peace

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
morning view:
jNCSmDDh.jpg

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
Meanwhile our plate is full here because the seedlings are sexing and it's almost time to put them in the ground. We havent even amended the soil yet :( Been too busy weedwacking so we can get to the mounds! Every damn year. I wish maybe someday I can get some decent help. It's crazy how hard it is to find reliable workers up here.....

Ive got a lot of respect for you and see alot of potential in your seed breeding/company project man. If your serious about wanting reliable help Ive been optimistic for an opportunity like this. I turn 25 on June 9th, a very introverted and resourceful/workaholic/innovator type with a clean criminal record/background. Ive been growing for 8 years total, largest grow I operated was 24KW perpetual ~200 plants rotation in Promix hp through 2017. Ive experimented with many methods/styles of growing. Extensively researched the science behind every aspect/variable imaginable to do with maximizing the growth and yield of many crops to compare with instead of just cannabis (I worked in the farm produce retail industry for 7 years as well).

I recently acquired many pdf books on cannabis to find a comprehensive one I can recommend others and to keep things fresh in my mind. The 8 days between April 19th and April 27th I read these 4 books (2686 pages total, ~335 pages a day):

Cannabis Grow Bible 4th Edition By Greg Green

Growing elite Marijuana By Ryan Riley

Marijuana Cultivation Reconsidered By Read spears

Marijuana Grower's Handbook Your Complete Guide for Medical and Personal Marijuana Cultivation By Ed Rosenthal

(the most comprehensive in depth book ive found yet and highly recommend, awesome read!)

Ive authored 2 sticky threads here at icmag as well to help explain the science of light spectrum and photosynthesis and the other on proper drying, curing and storage, both pivotal to maximizing plant potential. California is a short flight and I can be down as soon as you need the help. Ive got nothing keeping me here in Washington and travel lightly, lets talk man.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Ive got a lot of respect for you and see alot of potential in your seed breeding/company project man. If your serious about wanting reliable help Ive been optimistic for an opportunity like this. I turn 25 on June 9th, a very introverted and resourceful/workaholic/innovator type with a clean criminal record/background. Ive been growing for 8 years total, largest grow I operated was 24KW perpetual ~200 plants rotation in Promix hp through 2017. Ive experimented with many methods/styles of growing. Extensively researched the science behind every aspect/variable imaginable to do with maximizing the growth and yield of many crops to compare with instead of just cannabis (I worked in the farm produce retail industry for 7 years as well).

I recently acquired many pdf books on cannabis to find a comprehensive one I can recommend others and to keep things fresh in my mind. The 8 days between April 19th and April 27th I read these 4 books (2686 pages total, ~335 pages a day):

Cannabis Grow Bible 4th Edition By Greg Green

Growing elite Marijuana By Ryan Riley

Marijuana Cultivation Reconsidered By Read spears

Marijuana Grower's Handbook Your Complete Guide for Medical and Personal Marijuana Cultivation By Ed Rosenthal

(the most comprehensive in depth book ive found yet and highly recommend, awesome read!)

Ive authored 2 sticky threads here at icmag as well to help explain the science of light spectrum and photosynthesis and the other on proper drying, curing and storage, both pivotal to maximizing plant potential. California is a short flight and I can be down as soon as you need the help. Ive got nothing keeping me here in Washington and travel lightly, lets talk man.
thanks dude it really means a lot and I like the stuff you post but unless you have a place to stay around here it's probably a no go, we can't have people staying at our place anymore, been doing that for too long and we only want local help now, even just part time. Believe me I wish I was in a position to offer you more but who knows maybe next year we will expand the operation a bit and be in need of some full time help. Anyway stick around and have a good one, peace

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cool stuff! Looking good so far! Don't get behind! Lots of work ahead!

Welcome to small business! I do outdoor work and need reliable help. Been stuggling to find good help the past couple years. Ask around at church, thats where I found good help. Christians are the best! Jesus said he who wants to be the greatest must be servant of all! We have the Spirit!

hey Shrews. I was in the bodhi thread asking if anyone knew where i could find some goji OG seeds and someone had responded that i should hit you up? would you happen to know where i can get my hand on some of bodhi's goji og genetics??

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
hey Shrews. I was in the bodhi thread asking if anyone knew where i could find some goji OG seeds and someone had responded that i should hit you up? would you happen to know where i can get my hand on some of bodhi's goji og genetics??
hey sorry but I really don't know. I have seen it at a few seed banks on instagram lately but I forget which ones.... , if it comes up again I'll let you know. I don't think Bodhi is making anymore goji seeds so whatever is still out there is all that's left. good luck!

If you can't find the Goji OG, try some of bodhi's other OG x Snow Lotus crosses, they should be similar.... ( Sky Lotus, Lotus Larry, Joystick, Uplift, Solo's Stash, etc..)

mr.brunch

Veteran
420giveaway
That morning view is absolutely amazing... coffee and a j while looking over that must be good for the soul :tiphat:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Reported post
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Schrews, get your work done! Looking forward to seeing the farm planted up again! Have a great week! :smoke:[/FONT]
[/FONT]
picture.php

[/FONT]

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Babbabud our awesome moderator deleted harassing posts made by a new user that I reported.

We are in a increasingly heated battle for freedom and truth right now. You are the resistance!
(A comment was made about the threat of artificial intelligence and online bots. Those are reported about and discussed at Infowars.com.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The bot came back under a couple screen names and posted numerous times.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
https://www.infowars.com/watch-alex-jones-show/

https://www.infowars.com/david-knight-show/

https://www.infowars.com/war-room/

www.infowars.com

www.newswars.com

www.naturalnews.com

Latest posts

Latest posts