What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

hush's new hidey hole — I'm growing for one, now!

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Day 13 in the 2x2:

jYWhIxv.jpg

Hzl2Lq6.jpg

There's still not much to report on the 3x3. The four Bubba Hash seedlings are chugging along slowly. I'll take pics when they speed up, but for now they're still small. I've been running that tent on 50% lighting to get them acclimated to HPS at such a young stage, and so it's been a slow start, but on purpose. I've increased to 75% as of tonight.

renne

What do you think of your vispectra 600 Hush? I'm half way through flower w mine but I am also using a 315cmh in my 4x4 tent aswell with it, mine seems like a great little light so far, I wasn't expecting it to run so hot, I also have a 3x3 which I run a 315cmh in,I will have to do a side by side once I get things going to see how it is on its own.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Is he from a Peak cross?

Yes. This is an F2 of Peak's KushNL.

What do you think of your vispectra 600 Hush? I'm half way through flower w mine but I am also using a 315cmh in my 4x4 tent aswell with it, mine seems like a great little light so far, I wasn't expecting it to run so hot, I also have a 3x3 which I run a 315cmh in,I will have to do a side by side once I get things going to see how it is on its own.

I have to say I'm impressed. My first run under this light was the Golden Tiger run from earlier on in this thread, and it was a bountiful harvest. Since this current run is all about breeding, I won't gather any metrics from this time around, but the first run was a great way of testing what this light can do.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Meanwhile in the 2x2 tent...

OuxxN4Q.jpg

All four females got a good pollination. And I mean good. I have clones of them all so the male has been disposed of now. This of course freed up space in the tent, which caused the females' branches to suddenly droop, and without a plan in place I just wrapped them up in twine. It's lazy but it'll work. I think. I just want seeds. Anyway, here's some pics of the top buds for my visual record...

Female #1. This is the one with the leaf mutation thing. It's always been a good looking and healthy plant, and now her bud structure is proving to keep that trend going. This one is the one with the most trichome production at the moment:

rOScxo2.jpg

This is female #4, which has been a healthy, bushy plant with almost all bottom branches having reached the same height as the main top. The buds are more fuzzy looking compared to the other three, with shorter and fatter pistils:

MvBIgKk.jpg

This is female #2. This one was the late flowering one, and it has the old school Kush look to it, with the branches close to the main stalk, kind of like the old Hindu Kush, and I've seen some White Widow that looks like this too. Anyway, it's definitely showing some way-back genetics in this pheno:

G8pCKib.jpg

Last but not least, female #3. This one unfortunately shot up so much that it hit the light, which means it's gonna get all sunburnt and stuff. But honestly, it's possibly my favorite of the bunch, because I recognize this pheno, and it's a good one... It's purple, like almost black, when it gets cold nights. I can see the pigmentation through the green, deep down. I just recognize it is what I'm saying. This one's a stretch indica, big time (as you can see here). The buds end up being golf ball nugs, and very earthy kush smelling. I'm sure it'll still give me good, seeded smoke. I'm not worried. It just stretched hardcore because I vegged them so long and they got no training and I didn't really think it all through, no big deal:

xYDlkf6.jpg

I'll post more pics of the individual plants soon, and under natural lighting. Maybe tomorrow. My back just hurts today.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I put a screen over the Bubba Hash plants finally. Their growth has taken off enough to where I'll start posting about them more often now. There appear to be two phenos showing, with two plants of each. One is a taller, naturally branchy plant and the other is a squat, single-stalk plant with bunched, wide leaves. Both branchy plants are bent over from the screen, and the other ones are barely at screen level at the moment. Still, the branchy ones required the screen, so in it went.

MguA9Fy.jpg

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Day 32 in the 2x2. Here's a shot of each of the plants while outside of the tent.

KxNL F2 #1:

LEjTbkg.jpg

KxNL F2 #2:

pPnjaes.jpg

KxNL F2 #3:

fDnwCEH.jpg

KxNL F2 #4:

Bp0G5W9.jpg

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Still tucking. At this point it's clear that the [what appear to be] hash plant phenos are going to overtake the screen. So I'm going to have to flip to flowering. Looks like the bubba phenos are just barely going to spread out enough to have a few individual colas, but they're not stretching very much so they're going to be localized on the screen in the end. It's no big deal, really. I'm just saying it's clear that the hash plant phenos are better built for scrog, and individually they are probably better yielders, so those are those ones that I'll be paying more attention to.

gtqnFAb.jpg