What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Outdoor Strain Guide !!!

dufous

Satori, Mandala Seeds, Sativa dominant hybrid

US, Massachusetts, 42N, Humid Coastal Climate, Atlantic White Cedar Bog

2018 June to September

A few spots of mold and pm about a week before harvest, not enough to care about.

Harvest ten weeks, End September/Early October

1.5 ounces from tops and upper branches, per 5 gallon swamp tube under 6 hours of direct sun, tended once per week. Open structure. Grows like indica, wide leaves and thick chunky buds. Smokes like a Sativa.

Potent, cerebral high. Citrus flavor, like mandarin orange or sometimes grapefruit.

Dry trim, cure in one quart mason jars.

Attachments

• 001 Satori.jpg
    001 Satori.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 65
  • 002 Satori.jpg
    002 Satori.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 70

dufous

Bangi Haze, Ace Seeds, Sativa Dominant Hybrid, Congolese Sativa x Nepalese Indica

US, Massachusetts, 42N, Humid Coastal Climate, New England Maple Swamp

2018 June to September

A few spots of botyritis at harvest time, not enough to care about. No powdery mildew on these plants.

Yield not measured. Took only the tops and larger buds from the upper branches. Tall plants with open structure, like pine trees. Lots of small wispy buds on the lower branches and inner parts of upper branches. Grown in 20 or 30 gallon swamp tubes under six hours of direct sun. Tended once or twice per week.

Harvest Ten Weeks, End September/Early October

Strong, clear stone. Lemon flavor.

Dry trim, cure in one quart mason jars.

Attachments

• 001 Bangi Haze.jpg
    001 Bangi Haze.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 60
  • 002 Bangi Haze.jpg
    002 Bangi Haze.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 66
  • 003 Bangi Haze.jpg
    003 Bangi Haze.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 65

dufous

Malawi, feminized, Ace Seeds, Central Africa Sativa

2017 June to October

A few spots of mold at harvest, not enough to care about.

Harvest 14 weeks, end-October. Seeds were intended for an indoor grow that never happened. Just plain got lucky that October was warm and dry. This strain would not have finished in 2018 because the swamp flooded and frosted by mid-October.

Grown in 20 or 30 gallon swamp tubes under 6 hours of direct sun, tended once per week. Topped every two weeks until Mid-July. Good Yield.

Very potent weed. Equal of the Zamaldelica. I just liked the Zamaldelica better, so I have not smoked much of the Malawi.

Dry trim, cure in one quart mason jars. Dried too fast. Larger buds recovered some flavor later on.

Attachments

• 001 Malawi Tube.jpg
    001 Malawi Tube.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 66
  • 002 Malawi.jpg
    002 Malawi.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 59

dufous

Zamaldelica, feminized, Ace Seeds, Sativa Hybrid, Zamal x Golden Tiger

2017 June to October

A few spots of mold at harvest, not enough to care about.

Harvest 14 weeks, end-October. Seeds were intended for an indoor grow that never happened. Just plain got lucky that October was warm and dry. This strain would not have finished in 2018 because the swamp flooded and frosted by mid-October.

Grown in 20 or 30 gallon swamp tubes under 6 hours of direct sun, tended once per week. Topped every two weeks until Mid-July. Large bushy plants. Yields well.

Very potent weed. Some call it tripping weed. I have sensations that are reminiscent of tripping, but it's not tripping. I'm stoned. Tastes of carrot and orange.

Dry trim, cure in one quart mason jars. Dried too fast. Larger buds recovered some flavor later on.

Attachments

• 002 Zamaldelica.jpg
    002 Zamaldelica.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 62
  • 003 Zamaldelica.JPG
    003 Zamaldelica.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 62
  • 001 Zamaldelica.jpg
    001 Zamaldelica.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 63
Lat 33
Strain Blue Berry Dutch Passion
Yeild Medium 1/4-1LB
Date of harvest 2013-2015
Mold/disease resistant Average, some grey mold under rough conditions
Ease of grow 7
Potency 6
Description
A reasonable indica. Squat thick stalked plants. Pretty straightforward plant fairly heavy feeder. Quite sensitive to preflowering so natural lighting wants to be matched putting her out. A couple of phenos develop really beautiful blue and red hues in our cold autumns. Did have awesome bag appeal. Tasty smoke and fruity but didn't really have what i was looking for in terms of vigour so probably not one id rush to run again. Still very pretty plant and a pretty good example of the blueberry lines from what ive heard. Has made some very nice crosses too with a bit more outdoor vigour.

Lat 33
Strain Frisian Dew Dutch Passion
Yeild Low to Medium
Date of harvest 2013-2016
Mold/disease resistant Good
Ease of grow 8
Potency 5-7
Description
FD was a very mixed bag for me. Couple of different phenos. A shorter squatter purple pheno that was very pretty much mold proof and very fast flowering. Almost autoflower style but never got higher than 3-4 feet so the yeild suffered. Relatively uninspiring taste but looked stunning. Not very strong.
Light green pheno got big 6-8 ft. Good mold resistance, fast flowering, relatively nice smoke. Not super strong but no complaints either. Not a bad outdoor strains for those needing mold resistance and earlier flowering but the distinct phenos made her a bit of a pain. Not bad if you can deal with a lot of variation in the one patch but makes for more visits and different care regiments that means a few hassles if you like consistency.

Lat 33
Strain Maple Leaf Indica
Yeild Low to Medium
Date of harvest 2010-2018
Ease of grow 9
Potency 7
Description
Just like my ICMag hero says MLI is a special plant. Not the biggest, but for affie lovers this girl is a grail. Shes a thick resilient girl that can deal with cold better than most and water issues like no other i've grown. Shakes of leaf spot better than just about anything. Best about her is the smoke quality. Its not the strongest or the heaviest yielding but its the warmest syrupy hug ive ever experienced in a toke. This is feel good weed. I love it. Ill always throw one of these in. And she has beautiful pink pistils. Shes a stunning garden plant for those that remember real Afghani from the olden days.

LostTribe

Premium user
Lat 33
Strain Maple Leaf Indica
Yeild Low to Medium
Date of harvest 2010-2018
Ease of grow 9
Potency 7
Description
Just like my ICMag hero says MLI is a special plant. Not the biggest, but for affie lovers this girl is a grail. Shes a thick resilient girl that can deal with cold better than most and water issues like no other i've grown. Shakes of leaf spot better than just about anything. Best about her is the smoke quality. Its not the strongest or the heaviest yielding but its the warmest syrupy hug ive ever experienced in a toke. This is feel good weed. I love it. Ill always throw one of these in. And she has beautiful pink pistils. Shes a stunning garden plant for those that remember real Afghani from the olden days.

Interested in MLI for OD got any pics?

Satyros

Here, we tried two Mandala strains in 2018. Container grown at 35 latitude, semi-stealth attempt for smallish plants. Organic EWC soil with homegrown rabbit and goat pellets, brewed coffee grounds, Kelp and Bone meal, some molasses and Epsom salt, grandpa's false teeth, and a monkey wrench from New Zealand. Took some caterpillar damage to most plants, can't really say anything did better or worse due to that, about 30% loss. No other diseases or problems. We really had too many other mixed plants in the way to prune and train these and they just got topped once or twice.

Krystalica (Nepali x Kerala South India)
Mid-May to late October
Three plants yielded a gallon and some change; plant makes solid tops with less inner yield than a dense indica but more than a sparse sativa. Buds themselves somewhat heavy, not as dense as pure indica but fairly close. Here is one piece about six inches long with a caterpillar spot snipped out and it's five or six grams. Considered a sativa dominant hybrid. A little bit delicate to start but once they get going, a very good looker in veg. No special processing. Environment is dry here and if you hang stuff a day too long, it's crispy.

The plants were not strongly scented, but when you break it up to smoke some, you could call it strawberry. My friend that likes indica prefers this kind. Usually when I smoke some, it's not really an Afghan style knockout, but after a few tokes, my hands just quit moving the bowl around. It's not heavy, narcotic, or drowsy, but more like a muscle relaxer. Enough sativa to give it an upper-body feeling, but not very cerebral or psychoactive. So it is a pretty good medium between the two extremes.

White Bhutanese (feminized)
Early June to early November
Three of these as well. Someone should have warned me about this. They did, but nothing changed. It is a majority sativa landrace, once removed to fem it. This plant is a beast and gave me the first opportunity in my life to look up at weed. Gigantic tops with a dozen good sub-branch sets per. One of them turned out to be extraordinarily fluffy. The others looked just like Mandala's picture, somewhat clumpy with foxtails. So it is light weight. Here is a piece almost twice as long as the Krystalica bud and weighs about the same. These dried almost instantly. Because Bhutan is farther north than most sativa country, this plant needs 2-3 weeks additional flower time, nothing outrageous. All of these had a pinnate look, no sign of hybridization.

After I checked a jar of this, I thought someone left lemon detergent in there. It was the plant. Most of it wouldn't fit in a jar; I used a special sealable box over a foot long for most of it. If you prefer indica, you are not looking for this. It's borderline wake you up--energizing. Little bit of a mood enhancer. Pretty close to what I would want for "anytime" weed because you have a high without being impaired. Brain stays pretty lucid. A fairly light or even bright sensation.

Now that I remember, there was a strong gale in October. Despite its rapid growth, once its branches were crimped, the Bhutanese was the weakest about this, and some parts died on the plant. So yeah, we had to take a bunch of stuff a few weeks early. So I'm actually reviewing the early broken parts and the popcornish stuff and probably won't make it to the big box and the gallon pitcher until next year. So we'll see if a month or greater where the stuff cures makes much difference.

therevverend

Veteran
47 degrees N

MEXTIZA CANNABIOGEN SEEDS

1/2 lb+ per plant

Excellent Grey Mold resistance (10/10) Susceptible to Powdery Mildew (5/10)

Weather was damp and foggy before and during harvest. Powdery mildew spread rapidly due to lack of sunlight. Boytritis was very slow to develop. Even flowers left sopping wet deep into November refused to rot.

I began treating them with Green Cure around Sept 30th when the PM began to spread with mixed results. By Oct 15th quite a bit of the lower mini buds were infected. The tops were almost completely spared. If I had started treatment sooner and removed more of the bushy undergrowth I may have had better results.

Harvest Oct 10-20

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Ease of Grow 3/10 (1 being easiest)

I found it very easy to grow thrived in the same soil and nutrients as my other plants. None of the problems associated with narrow leaf tropical cultivars.

Any difficulty involved the bushy growth and large size of the plant. Once it passed 2 meters in height it collapsed towards the sun. I pushed it further and staked it up so it had many tops. It got very bushy, tended to collapse outward and block out other plants nearby. Had to tie it down multiple times.

Potency 5/10

I'll have to edit here because I have more testing to do. I need a wider range of samplers. Very tasty and enjoyable to smoke ranging from fruity to a Mexican ranky smell. High was enjoyable and mellow but so far nothing notable needs further testing.

'Boogieman'

Royal Queen Seeds - Special Queen

43° N midwest great lake area, very wet october every year.

Guerilla in 65 gallon smart pot, started early may indoors. Very good mold resistance but such a smelly skunk im scared to grow it again as hunting trails are not far away from where I grow. Only grew 1 seed it was a freeby.

Harvested October 8th, pictures are early october. I harvested in the rain and was too busy to take more picks unfortunately. Yeilded about 10 ounces, very good bag appeal of frosted light green red haired skunky chunky nugs. Smells of skunk but you can tell its weed and the smell traveles far.

Smoke was great, very skunky hashy taste with a red eyed head and body high. 8/10 potency.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-10-01-18-07-04.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-10-01-18-07-04.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 76
  • Screenshot_2017-10-01-18-04-55.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-10-01-18-04-55.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

'Boogieman'

Dinafem - Blue Widow

43° N midwest great lake area

Gorilla in 65 gallon smart pot, germinated early may and started indoors, transplanted june first.

Mold resistance. This pheno did ok but lost some decent upper buds to budrot. Some phenos are very resistant.

Smell was a slightly skunky blueberry in a good way and smell did not travel very far. In the past I had some smell of blueberry menthol, lemon skunk, and a spicy fruit hash funk.

Yeild, about a pound, these buds were denser than most BW phenos I have grown. What I lost to mold was no big deal with the density and rain I should of lost more.

Harvested October 15th, most phenos I have grown finish between October 10th and October 20th. Unfortunately anything past october 15th is too long where im at.

Smoke 7/10, mostly indica with a euphoric edge, not the best pheno I have grown honestly. The best most potent plant I have grown outdoors was a freeby Blue Widow in 2012, been looking for her again to keep and clone, she looked just like the picture dinafem uses.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-10-01-18-02-58.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-10-01-18-02-58.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 58

'Boogieman'

Dutch Passion - Durban Poison feminized

Gorilla in 20 gallon pot, germinated in early may, transplanted outdoors June 1st, wish I put her in a 65 smarty because this was a strong vigorous one.

Mold resistance, probably the most mold resistant strain I have ever grown besides a very small spot of pm on some of the lowest leaves I plucked them and it never came back. When I harvested this plant it snapped and was laying on the ground from a strong storm and had no bud rot anywhere.

Yeild, about a pound, could of got way more in a bigger pot.

It has a dank smell hard to describe but if I had to guess fermented pine needles with a bit of lemon, does not smell strong unless you touch the plant, a big plus for me.

Harvested october 7th, was trying to bring her to october 10th but a storm wrecked it and it was laying on the ground fell over. She was ready.

I was very happy with the smoke, 7/10 potency but I liked the energetic spacy buzz it gave me, I often found myself looking for something I just set down it really effected my short term memory. It was much better than most reviews I read.

All these are from 2017

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-10-01-18-03-32.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-10-01-18-03-32.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 60

therevverend

Veteran
47 degrees N

Dank Zappa Bodhi Seeds

Yield: 8 oz plus

Harvest time: October 15-20

Good mold and mildew resistance, susceptible to stem rot. It was a bad year, the center of some of the largest buds were rotted out. For a Hashplant type it held up extremely well.

Mildew came on in the last week due to fog. Only the lowest most shaded parts were effected.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=77137&pictureid=1893287

Ease of Grow: 6 She's a heavy feeder and gets big. I easily could have had a pound or more if the lower limbs weren't blocked out by neighboring plants. Last year I lost most of a plant to stem rot. This year I had a couple ulcers on the stem. Mind the stem rot and the feeding and she'll produce for you

Potency: 9 Super frost covered. Just a wonderful high you feel all your problems and stresses floating away. Good medical effects.

I love this strain. I'll be back with her next year. My first year I didn't give her the attention she needed. The more you give the better she'll give back. Give her space to branch out her lower limbs want to grow.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Real Gorilla seeds

Purkle1

38n

outdoors around Oct 20 or earlier

it's very easy to grow and work with

she's pretty mold resistance, I had some minor mold but it's been the wettest summer here in yrs, record rainfall so I can't complain the strain treated me well.

6/10 potency. It's really really good smoke and buzz

seems like this strain and many rgs strains have citrus orange taste

Started from seeds around June 20 and transplanted one into the ground and the others in 5gal buckets. And got 4-6 oz, longer veg would definitely double those numbers

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
KC Brains

Crystal Limit

38n

outdoors Oct 20

it's very easy to grow

great against mold, very little if any

good yields 8-14 oz a plant,

7/10 potency, there's a killer pheno I wished id cloned that was the talk of the town lol.

it's got that old school taste, kinda Brazilian, Indian or something, it's kinda like a lemon White Widow old school if you can thank about it, I dunno but I loved it.

I grew 4 of these and pretty much saved my ass this yr, good yields, great old school weed, strong weed.

biesel

Massachusetts kosher kush

Attachments

• 20190729_165407.jpg
    20190729_165407.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 49
  • Solos Stash x Biker
    Solos Stash x Biker
    110.1 KB · Views: 85

Latest posts

Latest posts