What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chomsky's Canna Coco Chocolope Kush push

chronosync

Well-stoned member
I wouldn't repot until you are sure they won't mind too much, because if they don't like it, they'll take a week to themselves anyways so to speak. Personally I wouldn't worry about the net until they need it, let the plants determine the constraints as much as possible. You can always raise the net a bit before they are set and locked in. What I see alot of nets setup way too low/early and plants literally outgrow it. Not to say I don't think you'll do a good job, because I do. Last run was impressive and I'm looking forward to this one for sure.

chomsky

You can always raise the net a bit before they are set and locked in. What I see alot of nets setup way too low/early and plants literally outgrow it. Not to say I don't think you'll do a good job, because I do. Last run was impressive and I'm looking forward to this one for sure.

Thanks chrono and you're right. I'll wait longer if need be. I do want them to take root really well before I transplant.

chronosync

Well-stoned member
Ya man your plants look great too! So healthy and happy looking I mean you can tell they are healthy. Geeze im just about sold on canna at this point, going to have to try it for real. I'm still cutting my teeth on GH and I keep getting it free so why not use it for now? How do you like it so far, Canna? You using all the amendments?

chomsky

Ya man your plants look great too! So healthy and happy looking I mean you can tell they are healthy. Geeze im just about sold on canna at this point, going to have to try it for real. I'm still cutting my teeth on GH and I keep getting it free so why not use it for now? How do you like it so far, Canna? You using all the amendments?

Yessir I'm using them all and to the letter. If it says 1150 ppm and 6.0 ph I don't put it in my plants unless it's spot on after sitting for a few hours. I have it pretty dialed in per gallon. Actually if you start with water as recommended and measure exactly as recommended it turns out right every time. The only thing I really had to dial in was exactly how much ph down to use per gallon.

So yes, so far I love Canna it's pretty cost effective (tho not cheap) and even this early on I think I can say I'm going to use it for a long time to come. I like to water once a day (none of this 5 times a day shit for me) I think 1,3 and 5 gallon pots as they grow is the way to go!!!!

This SpydrX plus is the shit too. It's an amazingly intense light. I learned my lesson the hard way last grow if you remember. I torched my girls early on. Now I have a dimmer and have started at 20% power. Now I'm up to 30%. I'll get it up to 50% in veg then in the first two or three weeks in flower I'll get it up to full power. Running co2 at 1100ppm too

Last edited:

chomsky

I may try their organic line one day. But for now I'm hoping for and expecting amazing results. Not rushing anything this round!!!! As the girls progress I'll be putting up some really detailed photos...

chronosync

Well-stoned member
That's it, you only need to feed once a day, maybe twice. If you need to feed more than that and dont want to theres no harm in uppotting, rootbound plants will rip through new coco if the jump isnt too big, I water the pot with full strength, pop a plant in and they take off. I stopped running off persistently and I feel its actually better for them. I keep it wet and make sure it runs just a bit each time. Constant flow.....however slow.....

chomsky

Ok I have a portable LG air conditioner in my grow room. It exhausts outside. My problem is that it's pushing out my C02 as well. I know that unit exhausts hot air. My question is does it also put out carbon monoxide? If it does I suppose I need to keep exhausting outside and using a shit load of Co2 throughout my grow. If it only pushes out hot air I guess I could just let it do battle with itself? Any thoughts?

moses wellfleet

Veteran
If you let it do battle with itself then it becomes a dehumidifier basically, as the exhausted heat will negate any cooling effect. No it does not produce carbon monoxide. The principle of a portable a/c is fundamentally flawed for this reason. You need either a window rattler type or better yet a mini split!

chomsky

If you let it do battle with itself then it becomes a dehumidifier basically, as the exhausted heat will negate any cooling effect. No it does not produce carbon monoxide. The principle of a portable a/c is fundamentally flawed for this reason. You need either a window rattler type or better yet a mini split!

Hey moses what's up? Yea that'd be great. I'm limited though. My space is cinder block. No windows. For now what I'm doing is running the ac on a timer. At least that will slow the exhaust and save a little Co2... @$17 a tank it Looks like throughout the grow I'll prolly spend $250 or more on Co2 like this unless I come up with a better system. Ugggh

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Are you able to set your CO2 controller so that it emits co2 periodically in cycles then after each cycle you run the a/c for a while. In this way the plants will use up the co2 so by the time the portable dumps all the air then the co2 has not been wasted if you get my drift?

Or you have a growroom controller? $250 of gas is downright coldblooded man!

chomsky

Are you able to set your CO2 controller so that it emits co2 periodically in cycles then after each cycle you run the a/c for a while. In this way the plants will use up the co2 so by the time the portable dumps all the air then the co2 has not been wasted if you get my drift?

Or you have a growroom controller? $250 of gas is downright coldblooded man!

Good thinking to put Co2 on controller too. I have controllers the problem is I have s basically sealed room but need to keep the temps regulated and no cooling options without exhaust. Fuuuuuuck!!!!

chomsky

I like the spacing of that net. What's it made from?

Chrono, what do you like about it? I'm worried the squares are too small??? I ordered off eBay its for a baseball pitch back rig. I just typed in 4x4 net and found it. It's definitely made well and way easier than stringing my squares by hand. I hope it works well.

chronosync

Well-stoned member
Cool so what size spacing did you decide on? It's hard to judge by the pics but it looks like a good size, a little tight maybe but you can always cut in spots and also re tie. It looks like stuff you buy in yards

Latest posts

Latest posts